• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2015 Surgeries

Flirty

When you going back to work?

I'm on annual leave next week & then back 8th June...only 4 days sick taken.

I'm a nurse trainer so drive a lot & currently training pharmacists to do BLS, injection technique & anaphylaxis management so all quite physical.

I won't be performing BLS until 6 weeks post op as advised by the hospital especially due to my hiatus hernia 7cm length incision!:sigh:

How long is everyone else off for post op???

I got signed off for two weeks by hospital then taking two weeks leave, going back on 23rd June.

Wanted to get totally used to Bertie Band before I went back, travelling to Huddersfield on 17th June for my SIL's 40th Party. Not looking forward to the six hour car journey :-( x

Ooohhhh I wish I was off for longer flip flop but I was off for 2 wks in March for a gynae op.

It's going to be hard travelling, long days in hotels & staying away in hotels whilst on purrees.

Flip flop flo...that's a long drive but just break the journey in to 2 hour journeys & take your time.

Hi guys? how are you all doing? Well now that you're official post oppers I need a lil help :)

I have an interview 4 days after my op. How did you all feel on day 4? Would you advise that I reschedule it if I can or do you think I can soldier through it?

Happy losing :) xxx

Hi guys? how are you all doing? Well now that you're official post oppers I need a lil help :) I have an interview 4 days after my op. How did you all feel on day 4? Would you advise that I reschedule it if I can or do you think I can soldier through it? Happy losing :) xxx

I felt fine on day 4 & was moving about without the need for pain killers (chasing a 6 & a 8 year old) but everyone is different & day 4 is early days.
Good luck

Hi guys? how are you all doing? Well now that you're official post oppers I need a lil help :) I have an interview 4 days after my op. How did you all feel on day 4? Would you advise that I reschedule it if I can or do you think I can soldier through it? Happy losing :) xxx

On day 4 I just felt tired ( probably as I got hardly any sleep in hospital ) I had a bypass and large hernia repair and I think personally I would have delayed an interview if it was possible, although I more than likely could of coped if it was for a short time!
Xx

Trip to A&E in an ambulance for me last night, sick again but the pain was excruciating and I then started having a panic attack.

My blood pressure was 215/125

Gonna take it easy today as was out n about a lot yesterday.

Also gonna call the doctor ref soluble omeprozole.

Feeling very sorry for myself and still full of regret ?

Trip to A&E in an ambulance for me last night, sick again but the pain was excruciating and I then started having a panic attack. My blood pressure was 215/125 Gonna take it easy today as was out n about a lot yesterday. Also gonna call the doctor ref soluble omeprozole. Feeling very sorry for myself and still full of regret ?

Flip flop

I hope everything works out for you soon.

What surgery did you have and what has your surgeon or care suggested?

Weekly weigh in: Lost 7lb this week. Really happy that means a total of 26lbs. I now weigh 16st 9, I haven't been this weight for about 4 years.

I'm going back to work on monday and I'm absolutely dreading it. I have to go I'm a supply teacher and if I don't work I dont get paid. I've had 3 weeks wihtout pay so I now have to return to work. I've told my agency I don't want any old victorian schools with about 3 flights of stairs which you end up walking up and down about 10 times in a day. How realistic that it I don't know.

Glad to hear your doing ok. Did you take anything for the gas? I am alwAys burping. I'm on purée foods for 1 more week then onto mash for 4 weeks. Also how are you finding the tablets? They make me feel sick.

Back