• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2015 Surgeries

Also my first nurse was Stephen and he was fab, took my blood pressure which was good and said 'Cinderella will go to the ball' hahahah

Sleeve Weight Loss

I had my surgery on 18th May, no complications and I am recovering well.
My liquid diet consists of a slim fast (250ml), and a very small bowl of soup and a small glass of V8 per day together with water and NAS juice.

I was really disappointed to stand on the scales this morning and only lost 2lb since surgery!! Has this happened to others? Is this normal?

I am a private patient and this has cost me a small fortune I never considered it wouldn't work! :cry:

Sitting in Birmingham airport in tears with pain and discomfort do have taken some Calpol, traveling back in my own was not such a good idea.

Also just found out that my mother in law has breast cancer and has to get a mastectomy in Monday :-(

Sitting in Birmingham airport in tears with pain and discomfort do have taken some Calpol, traveling back in my own was not such a good idea.

Also just found out that my mother in law has breast cancer and has to get a mastectomy in Monday :-(

I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL.

Do you have any dispersable paracetamol/codeine tablets to dissolve in water?
They work wonders.

Hope you get home safely soon & you can rest.

Got home okay but still in a lot of discomfort last night I was sick on and off for three hours and it was just bile and acid.

Right now I can honestly say I'm totally regretting getting this done as I feel so awful.

Please tell me it gets better.

I too felt terrible after my op and was vomiting burning yellow acid and bile. I had no energy, was mourning the loss of my stomach and the thought of never having a good meal again. I was beginning to regret it. I stayed in hospital an extra 2 days because of my potassium levels. I can honestly say 3 weeks later I feel like my old self again. So just stick in there rest and do what your doctor says it will get better.

Got home okay but still in a lot of discomfort last night I was sick on and off for three hours and it was just bile and acid.

Right now I can honestly say I'm totally regretting getting this done as I feel so awful.

Please tell me it gets better.
Sorry to hear the news of your MIL and hoping her op goes well.
Yes it does get better, really it does. Juts take it easy, follow the instructions you have been given and sip sip sip. Little walks each day will help shift the wind and help you heal.
Take care x

I too felt terrible after my op and was vomiting burning yellow acid and bile. I had no energy, was mourning the loss of my stomach and the thought of never having a good meal again. I was beginning to regret it. I stayed in hospital an extra 2 days because of my potassium levels. I can honestly say 3 weeks later I feel like my old self again. So just stick in there rest and do what your doctor says it will get better.

Gill did you vomit for long, not sure I can handle this, I feel utterly miserable.

Not managed to eat anything today as still sore from being sick.

I just want to fast forward 2 weeks x

Hi Flo I vomited on and off for about 3 days. I only had water for 2 days then 2 weeks of liquids which doesn't make you feel better. I had co-dydramol which is supposed to help with sickness. I think it made difference! Youve had major surgery and we all recover at different rates. You've had this surgery for a good reason just know that it's part of the healing process and you will get over it. In a couple of months you'll be healthier and look better it's definitely worth it.

Gill did you vomit for long, not sure I can handle this, I feel utterly miserable.

Not managed to eat anything today as still sore from being sick.

I just want to fast forward 2 weeks x

You could ask your GP to prescribe an anti emetic which should reduce the sickness & any nausea.

I reiterate the point that we are all different & no 2 people react the same or recover at the same rate to surgery.

Try to focus on the long term goal & I hope your feeling better soon.

Well I turned a corner today, no sickness last night. The nurse called yesterday and thinks it's because I ate too late then went to bed. Had about 4 tbl spoons of soup around 4pm and took some gaviscon and all is good.

No pain as such now just a tightness in my chest now n then which I'm presuming is the band.

Working my way through a small pot of custard and it's going down well.

Thank you so much for listening to me the last few days xx

Well I turned a corner today, no sickness last night. The nurse called yesterday and thinks it's because I ate too late then went to bed. Had about 4 tbl spoons of soup around 4pm and took some gaviscon and all is good. No pain as such now just a tightness in my chest now n then which I'm presuming is the band. Working my way through a small pot of custard and it's going down well. Thank you so much for listening to me the last few days xx

That's great to hear Flo. Just take it easy though!
I'm 2 weeks post op now and feeling great!

Aud xx

Glad to hear your on the mend flip flop flo :)

I'm 5 days post op & feeling great.
Fluids going down well with no probs & 10lbs lost since Saturday so very happy.

I'm getting organised for my purée stage at 2wks post op by freezing small amounts of purée food just to make things easier for myself when I'm back at work.

Hope you're all doing well

Back