• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Maybe next year?

Neen

WLS Moderator
I thought I would pop a thread in if that's OK. My partner Dean and I have had one try at a wedding several years ago, got various things booked and set and then I became pregnant with my first son and it all fell by the wayside! That was over 10 years ago and my weight piled on more in between.
I never did give up totally on us finally getting married and having a lovely day of celebration together. Now I have had the op ,I am hoping that perhaps next year we can finally get round to it after 15 happy years !
My dream is to go for an October wedding as we met in that month initially.
I would love an autumnal colour scheme with me in ivory/cream/pale goldish dress and the lads in beautiful dark chocolate suits.
(yeah I had to put choc in there somewhere)
Flowers in rich russets and golds and deep reds, rustic decor and a lovely hog roast in a medievil barn near where we live.
I have some pics to inspire me:) I hope that we can pull this off ...I have always wanted to go try on some gorgeous dresses :D
I hope I will be slinky enough to do this.
Here's some of the pics that show what sort of look/feel I would love for my dream wedding! I love collecting ideas and planning what we could do.
Dresses I like
cvdffd.png

5813bl.jpg
ffewferfr.png
frontviewofsilkdressinp.jpg

5813l.jpg

For Dean and the boys
bourneville.jpg
brownweddingsuitu.jpg
pboyswear.jpg
--in dark choc for the kids as well

The reception venue
venue5.jpg
barnentrance.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks very much lovey:) I bet your wedding was wonderful, something about the colours in nature in the autumn I really like, and the memories of getting together with Dean, we both love Halloween also not that it's going to be a spooky wedding (depends what I look like on the day lol)
I hope you had a nice crisp sunny autumn day for yours.

Wow your ideas are fantastic! Lucky you! I wish I was half as planned as you! I literally dont think about planning etc until we have a planning day...then it all crashes on top of me and I ignore it til the next month hehe...I shall be better!
Your ideas are fantastic and an autumnal wedding would be gorgeous! Bloody good luck to ya! x

Heya Sally, Thankyou love, don't forget I have been planning for 10 years in a way!! We had a reception pre booked and did a rehearsal meal with both sets of parents at the hotel we chose and all that. We were going to go to Lake Garda in Italy for honeymoon...now that was before kids came along of course so this time round we'll be thankful for one night alone!! I would love to go to a really nice country hotel and a hot tub is a must!!!! Hmm that would do me.
If you put in your colour scheme plus wedding as key words on google you can get tons of ideas.
I love trawling through stuff online and in mags and compiling reams of stuff.
Your colour scheme is fab, are you going to have a flash of bright pink or red in your flowers to contrast?
I know a great jewellry site and you can get some great dress bargains on ebay.
I am dreading being able to afford it all but I'm sure we'll cobble it together somehow. As long as I have lost some weight I will be happy on the day.
Any help with fun ideas I can give I will if you want:)

Oh everything looks so lovely - Happy planning hope all goes really well for you, you deserve it after waiting so long :)

Neen, just wanted to say, we had the sky lanterns at the end of our reception last year. We got married at Brighton Pavilion and then had the reception in a hotel on the seafront. After the 'party part', those left standing walked over to the beach where we released the lanterns. They looked amazing and everyone loved them.

Also, love the picture of the tiara. I've got a huge collection of tiaras as I used to make them (hence my name on here). Unfortunately, I have a problem with my hand now and am unable to do such intricate work. Pity, because I loved creating little masterpieces for brides.

Good luck with your planning x
Sorry to double post but here's some more pics (Sorry if this is naughty:( )
Hair Ideas
hairstyles.jpg
7d50d8502ce56e529131f21t.jpg
8d618887c324ec079f61ba6.jpg
sexyupdo.jpg

Flowers decs cake and misc bits!!!
terracottaroseslg.jpg
fallweddingideas013.jpg
311h.jpg

cakereduced.jpg
007eb.jpg
anastasiatiaragold01650.jpg

It all looks fab, and you have thought hard about what you want. I hope you lose your 9stone and get the lovely wedding and honeymoon you want.

Good Luck
Jeanx

Awwww Neen what a gorgeous wedding that will be! xxxx Love the colours, the flowers, the dresses, the cake, lol of course I'd love the cake it's chocolate!! :D I so hope your dream comes true for you hun, you so deserve it. :hug99: :character00250:

Cuppa xx

Thanks ladies for dropping in and commenting, I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. Combination of feeling down and a hectic Christmas.
I am hoping like mad that I can lose the rest of my weight this year..I might be cutting it a bit fine to be 9 stone for October but this is certainly going to stay the theme even if I have to wait another year again.
I think my view is, if I'm gonna spend all that cash I better not regret the photos ;)
I bet with my luck when I finally get skinny enough for the dream dress, I will be all wrinkly and look like Ronnie Wood in drag lol
Thanks again girls for taking time out to say such kind things , I appreciate it a lot x

Back