• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Missy’s Journey!

So sorry to hear you are still at the hospital with your son but glad to hear that he's had some improvement, even if its small steps.x

It must be so difficult for you at the moment, I’m glad your son is a little better but wait to here when he’s not so poorly, do you have any support yourself, don’t worry to much about the stall, just keep choosing high protein food and remember to stop after 20 minutes, it’s so easy to forget looking after yourself when this sort of thing happens, take care xxx

Week 14...
I came home, last night, from living at the hospital. My son is still in and is making slow progress. I am going to work today and tomorrow before the Easter break... I need some normality. Not sure how ‘with it’ I will be but I work with some great people who will give their support. Anyway, I can finally cook some food after 3 weeks of living on snack stuff. That said, I’ve lost 3lb this week so I’m pleased with that. This takes me to a grand total of 4 STONE!! How fab is this?! I am more pleased that (apart from a maintain last week) I have continued to lose weight through a very stressful time. A time previously where I would have binged. I’ve eaten bits of chocolate when I’ve not been able to eat anything else. When I say bits I mean about 5 maltesers here and there. It’s great to know that I can still enjoy bits of chocolate without the need to binge on it. This is the life I’ve always craved... been able to eat in moderation without completely ruling out certain foods/food groups. I am supposed to be going g on holiday a week on Sunday. I will see how my son is before deciding whether to go or not. I will be in Soain so it’s easy enough to get a plane back if needed. The holiday will be another test of my bypass! With my recent hospital stress and a holiday, I would be about 3 stone heavier by the end of both. This is the cycle that I’ve spoken about previously. I would then have to do CWP to get it off, which I’d be then due another holiday and the cycle would start again. This makes the bypass worth every penny!

Week 14...
I came home, last night, from living at the hospital. My son is still in and is making slow progress. I am going to work today and tomorrow before the Easter break... I need some normality. Not sure how ‘with it’ I will be but I work with some great people who will give their support. Anyway, I can finally cook some food after 3 weeks of living on snack stuff. That said, I’ve lost 3lb this week so I’m pleased with that. This takes me to a grand total of 4 STONE!! How fab is this?! I am more pleased that (apart from a maintain last week) I have continued to lose weight through a very stressful time. A time previously where I would have binged. I’ve eaten bits of chocolate when I’ve not been able to eat anything else. When I say bits I mean about 5 maltesers here and there. It’s great to know that I can still enjoy bits of chocolate without the need to binge on it. This is the life I’ve always craved... been able to eat in moderation without completely ruling out certain foods/food groups. I am supposed to be going g on holiday a week on Sunday. I will see how my son is before deciding whether to go or not. I will be in Soain so it’s easy enough to get a plane back if needed. The holiday will be another test of my bypass! With my recent hospital stress and a holiday, I would be about 3 stone heavier by the end of both. This is the cycle that I’ve spoken about previously. I would then have to do CWP to get it off, which I’d be then due another holiday and the cycle would start again. This makes the bypass worth every penny!
Well done that is truly amazing especially given the circumstances. You should be so proud xx

Great news about your loss this week and being able to be back home to your bed and kitchen. It is fab that you are able to tolerate a bit of all foods. Hopefully the meat thing is sorted so you can enjoy that again.

An amazing loss you have done really well especially considering the circumstances lately, also glad your son is making a little progress xx

Week 14.5...
Thought I’d post about my NSV. This is good and bad news... the good news is I’m in a size 14!!! The bad news is that I have 10 bin bags full of clothes to get rid of and my wardrobes look empty! In addition, I’m going away next Saturday and I dug out my holiday clothes about 4/5 weeks ago and managed to salvage enough to ‘make do’ for my holiday. However, when I tried them on yesterday, only a couple of items still fit. I went to Ted Baker last week and bought a t-shirt and got a size 4 (14) and didn’t think it would fit as their sizes are small, but it did. Thought this was a fluke as it’s a t -shirt. Anyway, went out today and bought some bits for work and holiday. I went in the first shop, bought a size 14, thought it was a fluke, went in the 2nd shop bought a 14 and the same in the 3rd shop! I’m amazed! Your mind does not catch up with the speed that this weight loss happens. It’s difficult not buying new clothes but I don’t want to waste money. My ideal is to be a size 14 as I’m tall, so I suppose I’ve made it! I think I’m a size 15 in jeans though... not quite comfortable enough in 14 jeans. I didn’t really get to have all my planned clothes funerals. I had so many clothes and this was because I had a range of sizes for all seasons! I’ve been gutted that some of my favourites don’t fit anymore. I’ve found it quite easy to come to terms with getting rid of big clothes. I know I am NEVER going back to where I was even when it’s not so easy as time goes on.
On another note, I was happy to receive an Easter egg (well 2 actually). I’m usually in turmoil at Easter as I love chocolate, but I’m usually dieting. This time last year, I had done 12 weeks on CWP and fell off the wagon over Easter gaining most of the lost weight back again. The relief to not feel ‘threatened’ by Easter/chocolate and my forthcoming holiday is immense. I usually take a variety of sizes of clothes away with me... that is not happening this time! I couldn’t overeat if I tried! I have been having bits of chocolate here and there but not overly fussed. I tried some of my Thornton’s white chocolate lemon meringue egg and only ate a small amount, which didn’t agree with me. It has now been donated to my hubster. I found it far too sickly.
I had my 3 month bloods taken recently and thankfully all is well. I did consider changing my vitamin supplement to Sanatogen, but all is well with the Bassetts I’m on so I’m going to stick with those. I am still suffering with a lot of sickness and will speak to my surgeon about this. I’ve had my telephone follow up with him rearranged and cancelled numerous times. I now have to arrange another appointment. The dietician doesn’t seem concerned when I talk about my sickness. I just get the usual advice/questions about 20/20 and pencil rubber size food.

Congratulations on reaching your goal size so quickly! That is an amazing accomplishment and you only have a small amount to lose until you reach your goal weight. You will end up in a smaller size definitely. Hopefully your surgeon will have something different than the generic advice to help with your sickness.

Week 14.5...
Thought I’d post about my NSV. This is good and bad news... the good news is I’m in a size 14!!! The bad news is that I have 10 bin bags full of clothes to get rid of and my wardrobes look empty! In addition, I’m going away next Saturday and I dug out my holiday clothes about 4/5 weeks ago and managed to salvage enough to ‘make do’ for my holiday. However, when I tried them on yesterday, only a couple of items still fit. I went to Ted Baker last week and bought a t-shirt and got a size 4 (14) and didn’t think it would fit as their sizes are small, but it did. Thought this was a fluke as it’s a t -shirt. Anyway, went out today and bought some bits for work and holiday. I went in the first shop, bought a size 14, thought it was a fluke, went in the 2nd shop bought a 14 and the same in the 3rd shop! I’m amazed! Your mind does not catch up with the speed that this weight loss happens. It’s difficult not buying new clothes but I don’t want to waste money. My ideal is to be a size 14 as I’m tall, so I suppose I’ve made it! I think I’m a size 15 in jeans though... not quite comfortable enough in 14 jeans. I didn’t really get to have all my planned clothes funerals. I had so many clothes and this was because I had a range of sizes for all seasons! I’ve been gutted that some of my favourites don’t fit anymore. I’ve found it quite easy to come to terms with getting rid of big clothes. I know I am NEVER going back to where I was even when it’s not so easy as time goes on.
On another note, I was happy to receive an Easter egg (well 2 actually). I’m usually in turmoil at Easter as I love chocolate, but I’m usually dieting. This time last year, I had done 12 weeks on CWP and fell off the wagon over Easter gaining most of the lost weight back again. The relief to not feel ‘threatened’ by Easter/chocolate and my forthcoming holiday is immense. I usually take a variety of sizes of clothes away with me... that is not happening this time! I couldn’t overeat if I tried! I have been having bits of chocolate here and there but not overly fussed. I tried some of my Thornton’s white chocolate lemon meringue egg and only ate a small amount, which didn’t agree with me. It has now been donated to my hubster. I found it far too sickly.
I had my 3 month bloods taken recently and thankfully all is well. I did consider changing my vitamin supplement to Sanatogen, but all is well with the Bassetts I’m on so I’m going to stick with those. I am still suffering with a lot of sickness and will speak to my surgeon about this. I’ve had my telephone follow up with him rearranged and cancelled numerous times. I now have to arrange another appointment. The dietician doesn’t seem concerned when I talk about my sickness. I just get the usual advice/questions about 20/20 and pencil rubber size food.
You really have done and continue to do so very well, congratulations on reaching your goal for clothes size xx

Ps how is your son getting on xx

Ps how is your son getting on xx
He is doing well thanks @Bling Babe. He is still in hospital, but we expect that for another few weeks yet. Hope all is well with you and you’re looking forward to joining the losers’ bench! X

He is doing well thanks @Bling Babe. He is still in hospital, but we expect that for another few weeks yet. Hope all is well with you and you’re looking forward to joining the losers’ bench! X
That’s good at least he is moving in the right direction, I can’t wait to join you guys I just hope it happens this time xxx

Week 15...
2lb loss this week. I am 13st 0.0. Really wanted to be in the 12s before my holiday. I’ve got until Saturday though! I’ve discovered a meal I can eat without being sick! I’ve had it twice now. Tuna/mayo and small amount of salad. I can eat 3/4 of a tin with some finely chopped salad (mostly shredded carrot, lettuce leaves etc). The tuna is a good protein hit with 23g a tin. I’ve been eating the other 1/4 later on to up my protein. It still baffles me that some meals stay down ... mainly cereal, rice crackers, krisprolls with phili, soup, youghurt, banana, omelette, heck sausages (if I eat one on its own), babybel, sometimes a small amount of mash and have kept half a small sandwich of brown bread,salmon and cream cheese. I can sometimes keep a small amount of a salmon fillet down. I truly miss being able to just eat something in a normal way. I’m worrying about what I’m going to eat on holiday. The good thing is I’ve told my friend about the bypass so I don’t need to worry about hiding it. That in itself is a relief as the stress of them not knowing would stress my pouch out. I’ve finally thought of a name for my pouch. I had a name for my band (Geldof) after Bob Geldof... bandaid ... very sad I know! Haha! So my pouch is going to be called Joey... baby kangaroo (pouch related). Also very sad!
On another note, I’m silently panicking about not weighing for a week. I’m contemplating taking my scales on holiday!! Then I keep talking to myself and saying not to do it as I may get false readings with regards to fluid retention. I do struggle with this when away. I know I shouldn’t weigh daily but it actually helps me with my weight loss and doesn’t inhibit it. I’m a control freak and it’s my form of control. Going on holiday is a real test as this is the time where I gain masses of weight. Usually a minimum of a stone and maximum of 2 stone. I’m hoping for no more than a few pounds. If I could eat meat and vegetables, life would be much easier. I may have to consume more carbs than I like to in terms of being able to get something I can eat when eating out. We will see!
I also found more clothes in cases in the garage. I now have 12 bin bags of clothes to dispose of. Some of which, to my ashame, still have tags on! That is because I get so stuck with what to buy that I buy something either just in case I don’t fit into one thing or because I can’t find something I really want. Another habit I intend to break as well as having a multitude of sizes of clothes. The bags contain size 20 to 14. I was a 14 for a short while in 2006/2007 when I originally lost 11 stone. I kept the odd couple of bits of favourites from then... they’re now gone! New beginnings and all that.

Last edited:
My OH suggested I call my pouch Joey too but I settled on Percy, when we were in Mauritius last year they had scales in the room, didn’t stop me gaining 13lb though !! Enjoy a lovely holiday xxx

Joey is a fab pouch name! Its good that you know have a bit more choice with what foods stay down. Hopefully your holiday food choices are ok and stay down too.

13 bin bags of clothes!!! The charity shops will be quite pleased with your donation :eek: It's good that you are releasing the clothes to someone who can make use of them. I hope you have a fab holiday.x

Love the name!

Hope you have a good holiday. Try not to stress to much.

Wow how Many bags? Don’t want to think about how many bags I will have. My OH will be horrified it’s surprising how much you can hide from them lol x

Week 16 & 17...
Back from my week in Spain and am pleased to say I haven’t gained any weight! I haven’t lost any either, but I can live with that. It was difficult to stay completely on track because of my struggle to eat certain foods e.g. meat, vegetables etc. This meant that I ate more carbs than normal and snack things like crackers. I had an ice cream one day and didn’t dump. I also had some biscuits and nuts as snacks. I was apprehensive about eating things that would make me sick as I couldn’t keep running off the beach every 5 minutes to vomit, which was also the same for eating out. What a wonderful feeling to be able to go on holiday and not come back 1.5 stone heavier. I usually feel totally disgusting at the airport on the way home. I also usually retain a lot of fluid and struggle to find clothes that still fit me for the journey home. I didn’t have any of that either. I feel like a ‘normal’ person!!! I have my telephone appointment with my surgeon on the 26th and I will discuss my issues with certain foods and regurgitation. Hopefully it won’t be cancelled like the previous ones.

What a lovely post, so glad you had a fab time and well done on maintaining xx

Congratulations on maintaining whilst in Spain. I'm off to Spain on Friday for a few days and terrified of eating out. At week 9 I've only been to one restaurant thus far and it was sushi. I think tapas will be perfect sizes its just if I can find something on the menu that won't make me sick

Hopefully your surgeon can offer some advice with the sickness.

You are so close to your goal weight! You must be thrilled to have not gained in the last week. Have you gotten rid of all the bags of clothes now?x

Back