• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Missy’s Journey!

I like the rowing machine and x trainer if I feel like I have to get my heart pumping. Good luck with C25K. I did it once and felt good but I think I'd have to drop some weight before I try that again as my knees would not like it at all.

Forgot to say in my post. I went shopping on Saturday as I’m going to a celebrity charity do this Saturday. I’m now a comfortable size 16 and so I treated myself to a few things. I’m trying not to buy clothes but it’s difficult not to when you want something to go out in. I’m usually trawling round shop after shop but bought something in each of the first 2 shops I went in. I still found myself in Simply Be and Evans. It’s a mindset that I struggle with. When I lost all my weight a number of years ago, it took a while for my head to catch up with my body and to stop myself going in those shops. So I still automatically head to the ‘fat shops’. It’s almost a comfort. It is something that I will wean away from.

I like the rowing machine and x trainer if I feel like I have to get my heart pumping. Good luck with C25K. I did it once and felt good but I think I'd have to drop some weight before I try that again as my knees would not like it at all.
I was doing it before Xmas and my left knee was struggling. I wore a support but it wasn’t great. I’m hoping the weight loss will help with that. I used to run on the streets but find the treadmill much kinder on the joints!

Hey Missy, Sorry to hear you're still struggling with your food intake but glad to hear you're able to eat a few more different foods. In my booklet from the NHS they suggest that you take small bites, chew your food 20 times, Only swallow once a minute and to not eat for more than 20 minutes. This has really worked for me so far. I'm often full before i reach 20 minutes so stop but even if i have something that i feel like i could eat more of after the 20 minutes i still stop just to be on the safe side. I usually use the stop watch on my phone to time the minutes or if i'm out i try to watch the clock and wait for the minute to change before i take my first mouthful. I'm 5 weeks out from surgery now and I've been on the solid/normal food stage since last week and using these methods and watching my sugar/fat content everything seems to be going down okay with no sickness or dumping "episodes". I really hope things start to get easier for you, good luck for the next few weeks Xx

P.S - I had to edit because i forgot to say congratulations on your amazing weight loss!! That's amazing, you're doing so well :D Xx

Hey Missy, Sorry to hear you're still struggling with your food intake but glad to hear you're able to eat a few more different foods. In my booklet from the NHS they suggest that you take small bites, chew your food 20 times, Only swallow once a minute and to not eat for more than 20 minutes. This has really worked for me so far. I'm often full before i reach 20 minutes so stop but even if i have something that i feel like i could eat more of after the 20 minutes i still stop just to be on the safe side. I usually use the stop watch on my phone to time the minutes or if i'm out i try to watch the clock and wait for the minute to change before i take my first mouthful. I'm 5 weeks out from surgery now and I've been on the solid/normal food stage since last week and using these methods and watching my sugar/fat content everything seems to be going down okay with no sickness or dumping "episodes". I really hope things start to get easier for you, good luck for the next few weeks Xx

P.S - I had to edit because i forgot to say congratulations on your amazing weight loss!! That's amazing, you're doing so well :D Xx
Hi, glad all is going well for you. Sounds like you’re doing a fab job! I also use my watch to time the minutes. Sometimes, the food just doesn’t want to stay there or it seems it doesn’t like certain foods some days. My book also follows the 20/20 rule and I had to do this when I had my band, which I had for over 4 years. So I don’t think it’s the eating rules, I just think my pouch is a temperamental bugger! I’m sure as time goes on it will improve. It has done already. It decided it didn’t like my iron capsule the other day after 10 weeks of having it. I was then bringing up iron (grey sick) for 24 hours.

Week 11...
All is pretty much the same with regards to eating. Some days I want to eat more; others I barely want anything. My pouch is a sensitive bugger and it let’s me know who is boss. I’m still having regurgitation/sick episodes. It seems to happen in a couple of great days and then a couple of sick days. There seems no rhyme or reason. It decided it didn’t like my iron capsule after 10 weeks of no problems with that and I spent 24 hours bringing up grey, iron tasting sick! I didn’t take the capsules for 2 days, but then restarted and have been fine. I think the sickness is improving and I’ve accepted it may just take time. My son was admitted to hospital yesterday. He’s quite poorly and I struggled to eat due to anxiety. I forced myself to have two krisprolls with Philadelphia at 4pm. Then had some fruit & fibre at 10pm when I got home. I don’t usually eat late at night as I can end up lying in bed bringing food back. I didn’t have much choice yesterday though. As I’m eating small amounts, I know it’s important to try and get some food in. I’ve lost 3lb this week taking my total loss to 3st 8lb. I’m getting lots of comments about weight loss now. It’s funny really because I’m tall people don’t notice I’ve lost weight until I’ve lost about 2.5 stone. I am going away at Easter, so I decided to check out my holiday clothes. I’m back in some of my older shorts and they’re a bit big. A lot of the stuff is way too big. I’ve also cleared out 2 bin bags of clothes that are too big. I’ve found that hard as my weight has been so up and down over the years that I’ve always had masses of clothes in various sizes as I keep basic stuff like jeans etc for when I’m fatter or thinner. However, I am not doing that this time as this weight is NEVER going back up again. This is a big thing for me to do! I am now having clothes funerals! Wearing stuff because it won’t fit shortly and also because the seasons are changing so I won’t fit in them next winter. Onwards and downwards!

I like the idea of a clothes funeral!

I used to keep all the bigger clothes as well, just in case.
But this time I will get rid of that mindset and the clothes .

Sorry to hear about your son. Hope he gets better soon.

So sorry to hear about your son. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

I love the idea of a clothes funeral! That's so fab. I am going to definitely do that too.

You are just one stone off your current goal weight. How exciting to be so close?!?!?!

Congratulations on the weight loss and I hope your temperamental pouch settles down and lets you enjoy your Easter break.

Well done on a great loss, I hope your son is soon recovering and feeling much better xx

Hi hunny so sorry about your son. Fab loss hunny xxx

Have you had this checked regarding sickness? Do you wake up in the middle of the night gagging or being sick? I had this at 3 weeks post up and it ended up being severe reflux to the point I couldn't eat/drink and became severely dehydrated. Make sure you get it checked if you haven't already as its a vicious cycle.

I know what you mean about being tall and people not noticing I had to lose 6 St before I got comments. Thank god for clothes telling us the truth lol. Enjoy the clothes funeral. X

Have you had this checked regarding sickness? Do you wake up in the middle of the night gagging or being sick? I had this at 3 weeks post up and it ended up being severe reflux to the point I couldn't eat/drink and became severely dehydrated. Make sure you get it checked if you haven't already as its a vicious cycle.

I know what you mean about being tall and people not noticing I had to lose 6 St before I got comments. Thank god for clothes telling us the truth lol. Enjoy the clothes funeral. X
Hi @starryeyed, I don’t wake up gagging in the night. I have had that when I had my band and it was too tight, so I know what you mean. If I eat late at night, then I can suffer with reflux until I go to bed. I’m definitely not good very early morning or late at night. The dietician told me that most WLS patients find early morning difficult and advised to have a cup of tea first. I can eat and drink, it’s improving and I seem to struggle with meat. I’m sure that will improve over time.

Hi @starryeyed, I don’t wake up gagging in the night. I have had that when I had my band and it was too tight, so I know what you mean. If I eat late at night, then I can suffer with reflux until I go to bed.

Week 12...
I’m late with my weekly check in this week. I’ve had the most horrendous time with my son. He is now in intensive care after 13 hours of surgery on Tuesday and another 3 hours yesterday. This has made eating very difficult. I’ve barely been eating/drinking. I’m living in hospital accommodation, with no cooking facilities. The hospital has a very poor canteen (serves about 4 dishes of dried up food) but there is a Costa that sells sandwiches etc. When I have eaten, I’ve only been able to face carb type stuff.... fruit & fibre and I’ve tried bread for the first time. I had half of a cream cheese & smoked salmon sandwich. I’ve also nibbled on a few maltesers as I’ve thought it was better to eat something (even sugar) when I’ve felt weak/faint. Anyway, I didn’t weigh myself for a couple of days as my son was rushed by ambulance from one hospital to another. I’ve weighed this morning and have lost another 3lb (in 9 days) bringing me to 13st 5lb... total loss 3st 11lb. I’m trying to make a better effort with eating the right foods and eating more while I am in hospital with my son . I still find meat dishes a problem. My husband made a chicken casserole (slow cooker) and the meat was so tender and tasted beautiful but I couldn’t keep it down. Hopefully, this will improve over time.

Feel for you
Hope your son makes a quick recovery & is Home soon.
Weight loss is great all things considered. Take one day at a time & you will get where you want to be! X

I hope things improve with your son's health. It has got to be hard on you as your stomach will be upset with the things that are going on around you.

Take care.x

Week 12...
I’m late with my weekly check in this week. I’ve had the most horrendous time with my son. He is now in intensive care after 13 hours of surgery on Tuesday and another 3 hours yesterday. This has made eating very difficult. I’ve barely been eating/drinking. I’m living in hospital accommodation, with no cooking facilities. The hospital has a very poor canteen (serves about 4 dishes of dried up food) but there is a Costa that sells sandwiches etc. When I have eaten, I’ve only been able to face carb type stuff.... fruit & fibre and I’ve tried bread for the first time. I had half of a cream cheese & smoked salmon sandwich. I’ve also nibbled on a few maltesers as I’ve thought it was better to eat something (even sugar) when I’ve felt weak/faint. Anyway, I didn’t weigh myself for a couple of days as my son was rushed by ambulance from one hospital to another. I’ve weighed this morning and have lost another 3lb (in 9 days) bringing me to 13st 5lb... total loss 3st 11lb. I’m trying to make a better effort with eating the right foods and eating more while I am in hospital with my son . I still find meat dishes a problem. My husband made a chicken casserole (slow cooker) and the meat was so tender and tasted beautiful but I couldn’t keep it down. Hopefully, this will improve over time.
So very sorry your son is so poorly and send my best wishes for a speedy recovery for him and hugs to you xx

Week 12...
Gosh you really are have a time of it lately, I really hope your soon is fast on the road of recovery and that surgery was successful and he’s soon out of icu, you are doing so well to even think about yourself let alone to lose as well, sending love and best wishes to you and your son xxx

Hunny thinking of you and your son my lovely HUGS xxx

Week 13... Well, still living in hospital accommodation and feeling pretty fed up. My son is making small steps of progress, but still pretty poorly. The last 2 weeks are a blur, like I’ve lost a couple of weeks of my life. Anyway, my weight has not budged for 11 days (my loss last week happened on the days before my official weigh in). I weigh daily and obviously had a few days where I didn’t weigh at all. I hate stalls as they mess with your mind and I’m wondering if I’ve hit my plateau. I hope not as I’ve still got weight to lose. I was like this on week 3 too and actually gained weight. My eating has been erratic. There were quite a few days where I barely ate anything at all. Then, when I could eat, I could only face small amounts of carb stuff. I’ve also nibbled on a few sweets/maltesers etc when I’ve eaten barely anything and needed a bit of sugar/energy, but nothing dramatic. I did eat half a sandwich one day with cream cheese and smoked salmon on. I seemed to tolerate this well, which was a surprise. I have been better with protein-based foods the last few days. I also had my phone call with the dietician yesterday, didn’t really find this very useful. Told her my issue with regurgitation seems to be related to a lack of tolerating meat, which I was shunned for in the soft food stage, and sometimes vegetables. She just spoke about small pieces, which I’m already aware of. It’s difficult struggling with meat as chicken was a staple part of my diet (pre op) alongside veg & salad. These are the foods that are the hardest to digest. Let’s hope my post next week is a bit brighter than this one! Sorry folks!

Back