• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Missy’s Journey!

I went to the hairdressers last night (I go every Friday) and had my extensions removed and put back in again. I’ve not had them out since near my surgery date, so it’s been difficult to see if I’ve experienced any adverse effects with my hair. My hair has thinned!! I have thin hair anyway, hence the extensions. I experienced this when I lost 11 stone on a VLCD in 2006. My hair isn’t as bad as it was back then and I’m hoping that the hair loss has finished and is on the road to recovery. I remember researching this some years ago and apparently it is the shock to the metabolism that causes the loss, which happens about 3 months out. I was convinced it wouldn’t happen again as I’ve been on and off VLCDs for years and it hasn’t happened since. No such luck! It’s a small price to pay and I know it will grow back.

I went to the hairdressers last night (I go every Friday) and had my extensions removed and put back in again. I’ve not had them out since near my surgery date, so it’s been difficult to see if I’ve experienced any adverse effects with my hair. My hair has thinned!! I have thin hair anyway, hence the extensions. I experienced this when I lost 11 stone on a VLCD in 2006. My hair isn’t as bad as it was back then and I’m hoping that the hair loss has finished and is on the road to recovery. I remember researching this some years ago and apparently it is the shock to the metabolism that causes the loss, which happens about 3 months out. I was convinced it wouldn’t happen again as I’ve been on and off VLCDs for years and it hasn’t happened since. No such luck! It’s a small price to pay and I know it will grow back.
This must be awful if you have thin hair, my hair is very very thick so I think I would welcome it, maybe I shouldn’t say that xx

This must be awful if you have thin hair, my hair is very very thick so I think I would welcome it, maybe I shouldn’t say that xx
It is awful, but a small price to pay for long term happiness and health. It’s only temporary.

Week 21...
Yay! Hit my 4.5 stone! Another lb off this week. I’m now 12st 9 and 2lb off my original target I set myself on here. I’ve decided I want to get to 12st, so another 9lb to go. I’m feeling great in myself and still receiving lots of compliments. My body is steadily losing 1lb a week. It’s a little frustrating in terms of just wanting to hit my goal weight as I’m close to it now. On the other hand, I’m reassured that I will hopefully be able to stabilise my weight where I want it to be. My BMI is now 25.9 so just hitting the healthy range.
I finally had my phone appointment with my surgeon on Thursday. They’ve been rearranged numerous times! I asked about my struggles with some foods and being sick. He said it can be quite normal for some people and he wasn’t concerned. I did tell him that it has improved massively. I told him I was concerned I’d need a stretch and he said that’s quite rare in his experience and he didn’t feel it was necessary. He was very pleased with my weight loss. I asked about my hair thinning and he said it’s temporary and will grow back and to keep my protein up to help with it. I asked about my recent slow losses and he said this is again natural and that my weight will eventually plateau.
NSV - my slow losses recently don’t seem to have stopped the inches coming off. I’ve been clinging onto a lot of my size 16s with a belt. They’ve become ridiculously big so I decided I needed to bite the bullet and buy some new clothes. Zara is one of my favourite shops, but I was struggling to get into their XL/XXL pre-op. I’ve just bought some medium tops. Some size 14 jeans from M&S and some 12s jeans (stretchy) and 12s tops from Tesco! I now seem to be a 14/12 rather than a 16/14. Since wearing clothes that fit, people think I’ve suddenly lost more weight. I spent a long time in Tesco trying sizes etc on. My mind couldn’t comprehend buying a 12s; I couldn’t actually pick them up at first as I was in total disbelief. When I tried them on in the changing room, I stood, stared and felt really strange. I wanted to know how I felt, but I didn’t know how to feel. I still feel strange about it - not sure why! Maybe it’s that it’s not been on my radar to be in a 12s, maybe my head hasn’t adjusted as quickly as my body (I experienced this feeling when I used to be a size 28). A colleague took a video of a few of us the other day and when I looked at it, I couldn’t believe it was me. Your eyes/mind don’t always see what others see. I also see myself every day in a mirror, but then see myself in a photo/video and then I realise how different I look. I suppose this has worked the other way around in the fat days when you see yourself in a photo and are horrified about your size. When you bump into people who haven’t seen you for a few months, it’s a shock to them but not to you - another strange one! This is a great journey, but an extremely mind-blowing, emotional one!

Week 21...
Yay! Hit my 4.5 stone! Another lb off this week. I’m now 12st 9 and 2lb off my original target I set myself on here. I’ve decided I want to get to 12st, so another 9lb to go. I’m feeling great in myself and still receiving lots of compliments. My body is steadily losing 1lb a week. It’s a little frustrating in terms of just wanting to hit my goal weight as I’m close to it now. On the other hand, I’m reassured that I will hopefully be able to stabilise my weight where I want it to be. My BMI is now 25.9 so just hitting the healthy range.
I finally had my phone appointment with my surgeon on Thursday. They’ve been rearranged numerous times! I asked about my struggles with some foods and being sick. He said it can be quite normal for some people and he wasn’t concerned. I did tell him that it has improved massively. I told him I was concerned I’d need a stretch and he said that’s quite rare in his experience and he didn’t feel it was necessary. He was very pleased with my weight loss. I asked about my hair thinning and he said it’s temporary and will grow back and to keep my protein up to help with it. I asked about my recent slow losses and he said this is again natural and that my weight will eventually plateau.
NSV - my slow losses recently don’t seem to have stopped the inches coming off. I’ve been clinging onto a lot of my size 16s with a belt. They’ve become ridiculously big so I decided I needed to bite the bullet and buy some new clothes. Zara is one of my favourite shops, but I was struggling to get into their XL/XXL pre-op. I’ve just bought some medium tops. Some size 14 jeans from M&S and some 12s jeans (stretchy) and 12s tops from Tesco! I now seem to be a 14/12 rather than a 16/14. Since wearing clothes that fit, people think I’ve suddenly lost more weight. I spent a long time in Tesco trying sizes etc on. My mind couldn’t comprehend buying a 12s; I couldn’t actually pick them up at first as I was in total disbelief. When I tried them on in the changing room, I stood, stared and felt really strange. I wanted to know how I felt, but I didn’t know how to feel. I still feel strange about it - not sure why! Maybe it’s that it’s not been on my radar to be in a 12s, maybe my head hasn’t adjusted as quickly as my body (I experienced this feeling when I used to be a size 28). A colleague took a video of a few of us the other day and when I looked at it, I couldn’t believe it was me. Your eyes/mind don’t always see what others see. I also see myself every day in a mirror, but then see myself in a photo/video and then I realise how different I look. I suppose this has worked the other way around in the fat days when you see yourself in a photo and are horrified about your size. When you bump into people who haven’t seen you for a few months, it’s a shock to them but not to you - another strange one! This is a great journey, but an extremely mind-blowing, emotional one!
Congratulations what an achievement xx

That's amazing that you are wearing totally new sizes that you never thought you could fit. Are you smaller now at the weight you are at than you were before when you hit this weight?

It's good that your surgeon thinks things are going well. I guess with the sickness letting up he's not too concerned. You've done so well. Just under 6 months post op and almost to first goal. You'll smash through your goals before your one year surgiversary comes along.

God all these storys are so inspirational to read from u uncertain if u were getting a bypass to 4.5 stone loss i carnt wait for mine
Thank you. Hope you’re not waiting too long for your surgery.

That's amazing that you are wearing totally new sizes that you never thought you could fit. Are you smaller now at the weight you are at than you were before when you hit this weight?

It's good that your surgeon thinks things are going well. I guess with the sickness letting up he's not too concerned. You've done so well. Just under 6 months post op and almost to first goal. You'll smash through your goals before your one year surgiversary comes along.
Thanks @slimkim. I think I am thinner than when I reached this weight 12 years ago. I remember buying a few size 12 tops then but certainly not 12 on the bottom. My brain still isn’t registering it!

Great to hear things are getting better for you missy and wow at the size 12s!! they're still a fantasy for me lol
Hi @_Victoria_ . I hope you’re well. I’m sure you’ll be hitting the 12s in no time at all. X

Week 22...
I’ve lost 2lb this week, which takes me to 12st 7 and I’ve reached my goal that I set on here. Yay! Can’t believe it’s been 5 months since my surgery and I’ve lost 4st 9lb in total. I want to lose another half a stone and maintain around 12 stone. I know someone who had a sleeve a year ago and she has lost 11 stone. She now seems to be maintaining and says she might gain 2lb one week and then lose it the week after. She has gone incredibly thin and IMO too thin. I really don’t want that to happen to me. I’m tall and happy to still have some curvey bits - I don’t want to look like a lollipop! The slowing down of my weight loss has actually reassured me that I will hopefully maintain where I want to be.
I did hours of jet washing last Sunday and wanted to wear shorts, but didn’t have any that fit me! The hubster was going to Asda so I asked him to pick a pair up. He brought them home and had bought a size 12. I went mad as they were a linen type and I was convinced they wouldn’t fit me. I still can’t accept the size 12 thing and think that was part of my panic. I also don’t think I’m a complete size 12 as it will depend what it is I’m buying. I totally overreacted and they actually fit! This is such an emotional journey and I’m finding this size 12 thing the hardest thing to accept - I don’t know why! All I can think is that when I lost 12 stone (2006), I went to 11st 5 and looked/felt far too thin. I didn’t even fit in a 12 bottom then. I went to that weight to get into a 12 and it didn’t happen. I’ve always resigned myself to the fact I’ll never be a 12 and more than happy to be a 14. This has obviously stuck with me.
Anyway, apologies for waffling... onwards and downwards... half a stone to go!

Week 22...
I’ve lost 2lb this week, which takes me to 12st 7 and I’ve reached my goal that I set on here. Yay! Can’t believe it’s been 5 months since my surgery and I’ve lost 4st 9lb in total. I want to lose another half a stone and maintain around 12 stone. I know someone who had a sleeve a year ago and she has lost 11 stone. She now seems to be maintaining and says she might gain 2lb one week and then lose it the week after. She has gone incredibly thin and IMO too thin. I really don’t want that to happen to me. I’m tall and happy to still have some curvey bits - I don’t want to look like a lollipop! The slowing down of my weight loss has actually reassured me that I will hopefully maintain where I want to be.
I did hours of jet washing last Sunday and wanted to wear shorts, but didn’t have any that fit me! The hubster was going to Asda so I asked him to pick a pair up. He brought them home and had bought a size 12. I went mad as they were a linen type and I was convinced they wouldn’t fit me. I still can’t accept the size 12 thing and think that was part of my panic. I also don’t think I’m a complete size 12 as it will depend what it is I’m buying. I totally overreacted and they actually fit! This is such an emotional journey and I’m finding this size 12 thing the hardest thing to accept - I don’t know why! All I can think is that when I lost 12 stone (2006), I went to 11st 5 and looked/felt far too thin. I didn’t even fit in a 12 bottom then. I went to that weight to get into a 12 and it didn’t happen. I’ve always resigned myself to the fact I’ll never be a 12 and more than happy to be a 14. This has obviously stuck with me.
Anyway, apologies for waffling... onwards and downwards... half a stone to go!
Fabulous and amazing xx

That's so amazing that the 12's are fitting so well. Linen shorts also don't have any give so you are a real 12! Congratulations :0clapper:

Wow how brilliant well done you :):bestwishes:

Thats fabulous, I’m sure you’ll get you head around the size 12 soon (maybe you should begin to prepare for a size 10) well done you’ve done great xxx :winner:

Week 23...
Not a lot to report this week. Another 1lb loss and now 12st 6. 6lb to go! I may try to post some pics with my head chopped off. The closer I’m getting to target, the more I’m worrying about the weight loss not stopping when I reach my goal. I don’t mind going a little bit under 12 stone but not too much. Never thought this would be a worry!

B4615A3A-ED85-4E1D-9983-C3BA54F8AD37.jpeg 5E5C6458-F80C-429B-9DF6-71A2E764EAA0.jpeg C0C10502-B586-400A-90A8-D260B600D11B.jpeg 214F6720-5BAC-4AEE-BD36-0632E7F6EBF7.jpeg 286D1EA7-C003-42A0-A07E-7ABA7C141374.jpeg A49A60A4-634A-4F86-B099-1F18AC71116B.jpeg B1EB68C0-3E27-4DB8-850A-00D8596B7DB1.jpeg Before and after pics ...

Back