• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MR SLEEVE & MRS BYPASS - UPDATE

Lol funny image ... But you are doing amazing. Keep up the good work, glad you can see the benefits already.

I can send you some string free of charge so you can go around Compo styleeeeeeee :D

We had some family and friends round Sunday and bought in some treats etc for them to eat. Usually as they leave we give them a doggy bag with any leftover uneaten foods as "we won't eat them!"

However when everyone had left there was some things left lying around and whilst tidying up the halo slipped!!

I couldn't resist my grandsons left over onion ring crisp snacks and three pieces of snack size flap jack! Even as I was eating them I was thinking why are you doing this your not hungry!

Janet did the same and we both had things that we shouldn't have had.

That said we are taking the positive from the situation in that if we had done this pre op it would have descended into a gorging session and would have broke the diet for the next few days or weeks.

With the op you can carry on the next day knowing the surgery will give you a tool to get you back on track.

I am like the kid from the Haribo advert who holds her hand in front of her face with the other hand clamped around it saying "Don't do it!" when faced with temptation!!

Time to put it behind us and carry on!

Just shows the demons are still there guys!

Wednesday weigh in!

Janet 9 weeks post op lost another 3lb!

Steve 7 weeks post op lost 3lb too!

Both really chuffed with that!

At weekend we are going away for a weeks holiday in a cottage on Anglesey, not been away on holiday for three years! Due to weight and other issues but now feeling much better we are actually going out of the front door!

Updates to follow after our short break!

I hope you both have a super time :)

Well done. You are both doing fantastic! ..enjoy the holiday :) x

This thread is amazing. Wow. I'm luvin it , luvin it, luvin it! Well done xxxx

As much as I am glad you are having a lovely holiday, could you hurry back and post some more, you are both inspirational, very lucky to be doing it together, my hubby is a skinny so doesn't really understand why I can't just eat lettuce!! Your posts have motivated me and most importantly made me laugh, so hurry home and get posting xx

Well we are back and had a lovely week, Anglesey is a beautiful part of the UK.

We stayed in a converted stables alongside a farm and it was really cosy and relaxing.

We were a bit worried about staying at a cottage as on previous holidays our weight has been an issue with regard to size of bed,bathroom space and seating etc. But already in this small space of time none of the above was an issue. The weight we have lost so far made a big difference for our comfort basically in someone else's home. We have been so worried about venturing away from our secure home that we have put off going anywhere in case we weren't comfy.

I had to smile to myself when we arrived as once we had dumped our baggage and settled in it was early evening on the Saturday and we had a tin of soup each for tea! Normally it would be find a chippy or pub and stuff our faces then head to the cottage with loads of treats etc.

That was a noticeable difference this time in that how much food dominated our holidays in the past, always over eating at every meal and snacking with that holiday mantra "well we are on holiday!"

We did have some treats don't get me wrong but the quantity was vastly reduced thanks to the surgery. Sometimes the old demons tried to take over and we bought several things out of greed but ended up either feeding the birds or throwing it away.

We did have a couple of ice creams at the beach (well it would be rude not too!) but then a stroll along the sands was the difference from the old days. We are still improving our walking and I even had to put plasters on my toes after walking in my new holiday trainers! (school boy error!)

The surgery is almost a distant memory now and coming back from a break not feeling stuffed and having pants and shirt buttons bursting open is amazing. We tried to walk each day and did have to dodge some lovely welsh weather but all in all our confidence and outlook on life has improved ten fold.

We have not felt this well in a lot of years and any tiny doubts about having the surgery are vastly out weighed by the massive changes to our lives. Something I have read on here over and over is the phrase "Wish I had done it sooner" says it all really.

We are going to weigh ourselves on Wednesday so don't know if the food we had has put some weight on.

Janet struggled with dumping syndrome a few times still eating too fast but will she listen to me the wise old owl! lol

Going to step up the exercise now and already have a week in centre parcs booked with our children their partners and our grandson in two weeks!

No hols for three years and now two come along together,they are like buses!

Wow you guys, sounds like you had a great time! I bet you will have a positive surprise when you step on the scales. Well done to you both! Dumping is horrible... I try to avoid it wherever I can.

Well, Its weigh day Wednesday! (This is 2 week weigh in due to hols)

Janet lost 3 pounds and is now 16 st 6lb !!

I lost 6lbs and am now 22st 13lb! Not been under 23st for 6 - 7 years!!

Wow! Even with the holiday treats we are both delighted.

Normally after a holiday we can't seem to break bad habits to get back on a diet, whereas since the surgery it was instantly achievable. So what would probably have been over eating till xmas and new year has changed to straight back on the healthy eating band wagon. Totally different regime now with the help of the surgery.

Whilst on holiday I bought two T shirts from Asda, 3 XL and they fit great! Before I was in 5 or 6 XL and they where "cosy" shall we say! I have never bought clothes from a supermarket before always from Cotton Traders online or Ebay!

Also my jeans are hanging of me bum and showing me undies!! I said its cool and I'm down with the kids!! Janet says I look like Ice T the rapper!!!! Perhaps a trip to Asda for some cheapy jeans is on the cards!

You 2 are doing so well, and I'm not so sure about Ice T but if you don't buy new jeans before winter it will be Ice B(um) :)

LOL, u rock!

Fantastic loss for you both post holiday, I away for 2 weeks next week my last blow out, start my preop diet day I get back!
don't be showing your pants as no doubt they are getting a bit baggy too, don't want to be arrested for indecent exposure lol xx

Lol... Thatts a good image! All in with the fashion and then turn nudist!

Got a mild dilemma!

In our new found confidence we decided to agree to go on a weeks break to Centre Parcs (Sherwood forest one) with our Children/partners and grandson.

All sharing a villa which will be lovely I'm sure (we all have seperate rooms with en suite so privacy is not an issue).

However I didn't want to go swimming as I have still got issues about my body image.

Although Janet is worried she is being braver and saying she will just go for it and has a new costume which looks great on her.

I can either wear my swimming shorts as Simon Cowell would and pull them up over my belly (hiding my overhang and belly button hernia) or wear them under my overhang and just try to breathe in as I enter the pool! to be honest neither is a pretty site! Also my Op scars are clearly visible on the whitest background possible!

But I don't want to be the odd one out, especially as my grandson keeps asking me to go swimming with him when we go!

Although I feel tons better dressed when going out now this is a first for many years going swimming and being with other humans!!

Thought about a vest type T Shirt but think this will draw more attention to me, another option is to carry something a float or toy in front of me?

Becoming a big issue now its getting nearer, I know common sense is Not to worry about what people think and already I am coming round to that way of thinking more but this will be a big thing for me personally to overcome!

I find just talking to my 2 year old distracts myself enough to cope with swimming pool entry, Grab your grandson and just chatter to him till you are in the pool. Hardly anyone will be looking, they will be too worried about how they look to care about anyone else!!

Might have found my own solution on ebay!

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!rcFITLnwrpdBSMzvUGT9w~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqV,!rcFITLnwrpdBSMzvUGT9w~~60_12.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 64
Hahahaha I'm pretty sure all eyes will be on you, wearing that.

The thing is, people are too worried about what they look like to notice anyone else ;)

Back