• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ms R Simpkin's Post-Op Diary!

msrsimpkin

I forgot to mention, I weighed myself this morning. I've lost another 2kg this week! Yay!

I'm not used to losing weight this quickly! I got off and back on the scales about 4 times thinking the scales must be wrong! Haha

msrsimpkin

Yay, I received my Myprotein order this morning!

I got a sample of the banoffee one because I LOOOVE banoffee, so I decided to try that one first. I'm glad I only got a sample... It was gross! So, that went down the sink! Haha

Now the banana one, that's a whole different story! SO YUMMY! I also bought a pack of the sour cream protein crisps. Obviously I can't try them yet, but give it 4-5 weeks and I'll let you know how they taste ;)

I think I'll try the strawberry one tomorrow. Or maybe a scoop of vanilla as coffee creamer, I hear that's really nice! Oh the options... :D

Ines4C

Yay, I received my Myprotein order this morning! I got a sample of the banoffee one because I LOOOVE banoffee, so I decided to try that one first. I'm glad I only got a sample... It was gross! So, that went down the sink! Haha Now the banana one, that's a whole different story! SO YUMMY! I also bought a pack of the sour cream protein crisps. Obviously I can't try them yet, but give it 4-5 weeks and I'll let you know how they taste ;) I think I'll try the strawberry one tomorrow. Or maybe a scoop of vanilla as coffee creamer, I hear that's really nice! Oh the options... :D
sorry to hear that the banoffee one wasn't nice. I like all the flavours I have. My favourite is cookies and cream though. X

msrsimpkin

I was debating whether to get a cookies and cream one, but they only had it in the 1kg bags and I didn't want to get that much incase I didn't like it.

I got the 250g bags of Banana (I knew I'd like that one cos I love banana!), Strawberry and Vanilla. Also got a sample of Chocolate Nut (sounds lovely!), and an unflavoured sample to try using in cooking or if I put it in anything savoury. Planning on using the vanilla as coffee creamer.

msrsimpkin

Yeah, like the coffee whitener powder that you use instead of milk. Apparently, vanilla protein powder works as a good substitute, and helps to pack in some extra protein too. I think I'll try it out tomorrow :)

Ines4C

Yeah, like the coffee whitener powder that you use instead of milk. Apparently, vanilla protein powder works as a good substitute, and helps to pack in some extra protein too. I think I'll try it out tomorrow :)
never knew that, it sounds nice! Thanks X

msrsimpkin

I tried the vanilla protein "coffee creamer" this morning. Well, I don't know what j did wrong, but it wouldn't mix properly. Maybe it doesn't like being mixed into anything hot. I think next time I'll try mixing it with a little water or milk first.

I ended up having a strawberry cream shake instead, which was really yummy!

Then I had just under half a Weight Watchers thai green curry with a bit of extra chicken in. I really, really enjoyed it. I have the other half in the freezer, I might have that tomorrow.

And I plan on having chicken and gravy for dinner! Yum! Some good eatings today!

msrsimpkin

So, i just realised that I haven't updated my food diary since Wednesday again! I'm so rubbish! Haha. Luckily, I've been keeping MyFitnessPal up to date, so I'll jot it all down now.

Day 15

B: Weetabix w/ 100ml Semi Skimmed Milk & 1/3 mashed Banana
L: 2 teaspoons of Mashed Avocado, 1 teaspoon of Danio yoghurt, 1 Laughing Cow Light Emmental Triangle
D: 2 tablespoons Smoked Mackerel Pate
F: 250ml NAS squash, 500ml flavoured water

Day 16

B: 25g Banana Protein powder w/ 200ml Semi Skimmed Milk
L: Weetabix w/ 100ml Semi Skimmed Milk & 1/3 mashed Banana
D: Mashed potato w/ Cheesy Beans puree (YUM!)
F: 1 litre Flavoured water

Day 17

B: Weetabix w/ 100ml Semi Skimmed Milk & 1/3 mashed Banana
L: Almost 1/2 WW Thai Green Curry w/ 15g extra chicken
D: Mashed potato w/ Chicken & gravy puree
S: 25g Strawberry Protein powder w/ 200ml Semi Skimmed Milk
F: 1 litre Flavoured water

My calories have been getting closer to my recommended daily intake recently. I'm having around 500-550 calories per day for the past few days, as opposed to around 350-450, like I was before. It seems a bit odd trying to encourage myself to actually take in more calories! Haha. I still need to get more protein in too. The shakes are definitely helping, but I need to add more protein-rich food in my meals, I think.

Last edited:

msrsimpkin

I tried the vanilla protein powder in my coffee again this morning, but this time I mixed it with 50ml of milk first, until it was smooth. Then added that to my coffee. That worked out a lot better and I didn't end up with chalky lumps on my drink! Haha
It tasted pretty good, maybe a little too sweet for me, so I only ended up drinking about 2/3 of it. I did use long life milk, which I find to be quite a bit sweeter than the regular stuff. So, that probably didn't help. I'll get the fridgey stuff next time :p

Other than the sweetness, it worked very well. I probably wouldn't need as much milk next time either. I'll try it with just a little smidge of milk and try and mix it into more of a smooth paste next time.

I still haven't eaten anything yet today. I just haven't really felt hungry at all. Maybe the protein coffee had something to do with that. I may have to force something down if things don't change in the next hour or so.

Stacey83

Those protein crisps are weird! I got a box of 6 packs delivered the other day - they start off tasty but when you chew them they go from a kind of corn puff crisp type texture to a milk powder texture!!! They taste really milky and there's no way I could eat a whole pack in one go because of the texture - I managed a 1/3 of a pack and then gave up...

NorthamptonGirl

Stacey I can't imagine protein crisps!

Keep up the good work MrsSimpkin :)

msrsimpkin

I ordered some of the protein crisps too, the sour cream ones. Obviously, I haven't tried them yet, but I have some ready for when I can eat real food again! I thought they were a good idea, since I'm a real crisp monster normally. I didn't have particularly high hopes for them, but I figured they're worth a try. I'll give you the verdict when I come to try them :)

msrsimpkin

The third time I've been to Tesco this week and all the Philadelphia light flavours were sold out! Seriously, I need my salmon Philly!

image-587684415.jpg

msrsimpkin

Oh god! That's twice in 2 days now that I've written out a whole post and then lost it as I hit Send! Grr! Been a busy day and very tired. Unfortunately, I cannot sleep :(

Mr had a chippy tea earlier, with the biggest fish I think I've ever seen (so much for his diet ;)), I think it may have been half a whale! Haha. But, it looked and smelled so good, so I decided to have a some fish pie and, my god, did I enjoy it!

I did make a post yesterday updating my food diary, but as I already mentioned... I lost it! So, let's try again.

Day 18

B: Coffee w/ 50ml Semi Skimmed Milk & 25g Vanilla Protein Powder
L: 1/2 tin Sardines in Tomato Sauce, Cheesy Mash
D: 2 tbsp Smoked Salmon Pate, 2 Laughing Cow Light
S: 3 Seafood Sticks, mashed w/ 1 tbsp Low Fat Houmus
F: 1 litre Flavoured Water, 250ml Tropical Juice

Day 19

B: None
L: Minced Beef & Gravy puree, Mashed Potato
D: 1/2 tin Sardines in Tomato Sauce
S: A Slice of Watermelon
F: 750ml Flavoured Water, 250ml Tropical Juice

Day 20

B: 25g Strawberry Protein Powder w/ 200ml Semi Skimmed Milk
L: Pasta Bolognese puree, Potato & Carrot Mash
D: 2 Seafood Sticks, mashed w/ 1 tbsp Low Fat Houmus
S: Highlights Hot Chocolate w/ 50ml Semi Skimmed Milk
F: 1 litre Flavoured Water

Day 21

B: 1/2 Banana, mashed
L: Special K Porridge
D: 1/2 Low Fat Fish Pie
F: 1 litre Flavoured Water

Phew! Finally done. Hope this posts this time :)

Last edited:

sophiapink100

Are you using the mobile app? It does it to me all the time. So frustrating!! How much are you managing to eat on average? I can manage about 2-3 tblsp x

msrsimpkin

Yeah, I am on the app. It's pretty annoying, isn't it?

I seem to be managing a little bit more than that, I think. I usually have about 2-3 tablespoons of some kind of purée that I've made, and about 1-2 tablespoons of mash. I don't always eat it all, but some days I do manage all of it.

Yesterday I managed just under half a ready meal fish pie. Would have been about 200g. I was starving though, and ate too fast! I gave myself a bad stomach. Oops! lol
But if I have something like tinned sardines, that isn't really smooth, then I can usually only manage about 1/2 tin. Which I think would probably be about 3 tablespoons ish. I'm just guessing, though, because I eat with a teaspoon! Haha.

NorthamptonGirl

I asked my dietician about this yesterday as i felt like i was eating too much.

his advise was as long as you're eating a lot less than you used to, you feel comfortable when you're finished (not overly full, in pain etc) and are eating small amounts at a time, then its fine

sophiapink100

Isn't it strange how different people eat different amounts. I measure mine out with a spoon that's the only reason I know how much I am eating. If it is something cottage pie I can manage 2 tblsp if it's tuna and cottage cheese I can eat 3 but I can't eat more than that. Maybe I have a tiny sleeve lol x