• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My dad passed away.

Cicca

My dad lost his battle with cancer two weeks ago, I haven't been able to write those words down. He was the bravest person I've ever come across, he fought for eight years and even in the last days he didn't give up without a fight. My heart is broken, however I find comfort in the memories he left me with.

Anna x.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Attachments

• image-1736945315.jpg
    image-1736945315.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 261

tealovingsleever

So sorry to hear that, hope time heals the pain for you xx

nuttynicky

So sorry for your lost cicca, sending big Hughes xxxxx

chrisa

That is so sad, so very sorry to hear that. The memories you hold in your heart can never be taken away they are yours to keep forever. Thinking of you and your family x

shelleymarie

So sorry for your loss. He must have been as proud of you as you were of him. Much love xx

flutterby1966

:grouphugg:

Muttley1900

My heart is broken, however I find comfort in the memories he left me with.

I'm sorry for your loss.

The pain that you feel in your heart everytime you unexpectantly think of them does dull after a while. At sometime in the future you may even smile when these thoughts come.

Last edited:

top_kat

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, having lost my Mum to cancer a few years ago, I deeply relate to that broken heart.

I hope that you are blessed with many wonderful memories that will help bring you comfort through this difficult times. I found these words "My heart is your home, you will live there forever" after losing my mum and it is so true.

My thoughts and heart go out to you. ((hugs)) to you

JoeH

Cherish the memories, they'll always be with you and so will he. Sad times, but the days do get better. Talking about it helps a lot.

wannabeminime

I'm so sorry for your loss cicca, I know what you're going through after losing my Dad last year to a heart attack, aged 65. I was utterly heart broken. You're in my thoughts today. All I can say is that it does eventually get better, and you're left with a million good memories. Xxxxx

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
Anna, sorry to hear of your loss. Best thoughts are with at this time.

I 'lost' my dad when I was 18 when I got ejected from the house. I saw him recently from a distance having not actually spoken to him for about 15 years. I was numb.

Treasure the memories that you have had all your life of him, you are lucky to have had him. I still hang onto the memories of the good times, even though it was 30 years ago.

Yvessa

:hug99:I'm so sorry for your loss Anna. Be kind to yourself in the coming days and accept the support of others. It is so hard.

Shiraz

So sorry for loss Anna. It's so raw for you right now & I bet you have barely taken it in. I lost my mum to cancer just before Christmas & I too am heartbroken. I can only echo what Joe has said that talking about your dad and how you feel does help.
Top Kat - thanks for sharing those beautiful words they are so true x

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
I lost mum in 2000, it never gets easier.
The "special days" like christmas and birthdays are the worst.
I now have another fabulous daughter and two beautiful grandaughters that she will never know. But our relationship was one of fun and laughter and I know that she will be watching on and enjoying my trials and tribulations greatly.
Take heart in all the the good times that you had and remember all the good times and laughs you had together.
Please be easy on yourself and take care.
Thinking of you at the difficult time x x

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Sorry I only just saw this Anna. Very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine how it feels.

What a wonderful man to have had as a dad :) xxx