• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary - From the beginning

Very gurgling tummy tonight, but all in all I'm doing ok.
I've got a bit of a cold and after a very quiet and uneventful weekend, I'm a bit bored/hacked off.

I've just been flicking through the Morrisons Xmas book. Some lovely foods for Yuletide!!!
Ha!

I think I'm going to get weighed somewhere this week. It'd be nice to know how I'm doing.

I didn't manage to get a walk in today as it's been tipping it down all day. So I know I need to up the excersise.
But I'm still only consuming under 1000 calories a day.

Back to work in the morning, have a good one people. X

You've got a brilliant attitude Frankie, kudos to you! That soup also sounds amazing! Will definately need the recipe x

Very gurgling tummy tonight, but all in all I'm doing ok.
I've got a bit of a cold and after a very quiet and uneventful weekend, I'm a bit bored/hacked off.

I've just been flicking through the Morrisons Xmas book. Some lovely foods for Yuletide!!!
Ha!

I think I'm going to get weighed somewhere this week. It'd be nice to know how I'm doing.

I didn't manage to get a walk in today as it's been tipping it down all day. So I know I need to up the excersise.
But I'm still only consuming under 1000 calories a day.

Back to work in the morning, have a good one people. X

Sorry to hear you're feeling down. ?

May be try your doctors surgery the practice nurse should be able to weigh you. If not Boots having machines inside the store. Don't know if there calibrated though. And every pound counts, needs to be correct as you've worked so hard.

Have a fab week, keep up the good work. X

Have a good week Franky, hope the cold gets better.

I'd love to know how much you've lost, I bet it's loads already!

Sorry to hear you're feeling down. ?

May be try your doctors surgery the practice nurse should be able to weigh you. If not Boots having machines inside the store. Don't know if there calibrated though. And every pound counts, needs to be correct as you've worked so hard.

Have a fab week, keep up the good work. X

Noticed there's a ? In my message. It was meant to be a smiley face. Please don't think I was prying.

Hope the cold gets better,

Thanks everyone.
I very rarely get colds - it'll be gone in no time.
Thanks for the wishes.

Sweep stake would be a fun idea.
I really have no idea what I've lost - but...
I did 2 1/2 weeks pre op, then I've now done two weeks post op and got 3 weeks til my fill and weigh in.
I really am going to try and hold off the scales til then.
Initially when I had my consultation in London, they said they'd like to see 3 stone from that date to my first fill - which is 8 weeks.
Based on calories consumed and how lose the arse in my jeans is, I reckon I could hit 4 stone by November 5th.
Which puts me well on track for my first goal of 5 stone by Xmas.
I really need to up the excersise like I've said.
I'm nackered when I get home from work - I'm out of the house for 13 hours, so what Im planning is to leave home 20 minutes earlier everyday and park up at Battersea Park and walk round it for 15 mins at first and build up.
Then go to work.
Its pitch black now at that time, so I wont look such a twat in tracksuit bottoms, rocking my arms in a power walking stylee!

Just had some sloppy apple and cinnamon porridge.
No problems at all.
Sloppy pureed shepherds pie tonight.

I might buy a car this weekend.

Thats all for now.

Peace out.

Evening all.

So I had some apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast - no problem.

I just had some pasta, mushed up, in a carbonara sauce.
Not a lot. A half a cup of mush?
No problem.
I don't feel hungry, but then I didn't before I ate it either.

That's sort of where I am to be honest - unsure how I'm meant to be feeling.
Every time I consume something I find myself waiting for a reaction.
I can sip on a sports bottle of squash no problem. I'm getting fluids on board. I can drink 200ml of milk no bother. I can eat a bowl of soup.
Now with the pasta and the porridge - no probs.
I thought I would have had some restriction, especially with the pasta - but like I say, it was mush.
So I guess the restriction is only going to happen once I get to proper food, meats etc.
any experienced banders care to shed some light?
Can I stop waiting for something?

Thanks.

Sorry this post isn't funnier.

I would like to let everybody that is remotely interested know that there is more room width ways in the bath and that I can reach the taps easier.

How'd you like them apples!

I've yet to feel any restriction with any food - as long as I chew well I've yet to hit an issue. I'm pretty sure that right now I could eat a massive portion of any food, the band wouldn't stop it. On the positive side 40g of cereal stops me feeling hungry for 4 hours and I can't ask for more than that at this point!

I do, and I'm sure I'll get there at some point. I'm hoping it will be fill #3 or #4 when it kicks in, but if not I'll just keep going! It has taken the worst hunger and that will do me for now:)

So even without the restriction, just the band being in place takes away your hunger enough to not overeat?
I think I'm only not hungry because I might still be in ketosis since the pre op.

I worry that I'm eating a full portion of cereal (40g), but the dietician and nurse were both fine with that. I eat that at around 7am, and if I get hungry before my lunch at midday it doesn't happen until 11.30.
I get more head-hunger in the evening, but if I eat a snack at 4pm and my dinner at 7pm I don't have physical hunger until I get up the following morning.
My portion sizes aren't the tiny 3 tablespoon type sizes, maybe I will get to that after another fill or two, who knows?

Back