• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My gastric band diary from the very beginning

So the day has arrived my little bandit buddy! Baileyamber I hope your not too nervous and I really can't wait to follow your success on the journey. Good luck with the op Hun .xxxx

Good luck Baileyamber :)

So the day has arrived my little bandit buddy! Baileyamber I hope your not too nervous and I really can't wait to follow your success on the journey. Good luck with the op Hun .xxxx

I can't believe today is the day!! Just in my room at the moment (it's nice and comfortable) -no 14.
Had my bloods, ECG, BP etc done and met the anaesthetist , just waiting for my consultant Mr Li to come and see me and I've been told ill have my op this afternoon.

Now all there is to do is wait ... X

OMG this really is the best thing we will ever do you know!! We may feel rubbish for a wee while but when those scales start purring at us it will be a euphoric feeling. Good luck Hun your in my thoughts.xx

Just caught up your thread- wanted to pass on my best wishes for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery! Will look forward to seeing your posts.

Much love
Bex xx

Hi all, just to let you know I've just woken up and all went well. Feeling a little tender but nothing major :) sooo sleepy and weak so will update tomorrow when I feel more human x

Glad you're ok Baileyamber :) Rest up and take care :)

Hello my WLSURGERY buddies!

Day 1 post op and I'm not feeling too bad, only have slight wind pain but must admit I feel like I've beaten up around the stomach lol, just a matter of recovering now. I feel such relief that it's all over and I'm very excited for the future now.

For anyone who is going to Dolan Park I can reassure you that you will be well looked after, I found all of the staff very friendly and helpful and had a laugh with them, even in theatre we were laughing and joking as I was being knocked out :) my scars seem neat although one is bleeding quite a bit, especially if I cough! I have a small band (whatever size that is) with 4mls in.

Overall I found the whole experience to be ok and not as bad as I thought it would be.

Thank you for all your msgs wishing me well, they were lovely to read x

Hi glad you are not feeling too bad. Hope you recover soon. Thank you for your assurance about dolan park - i will be there soon myself! take care x

Hi glad you are not feeling too bad. Hope you recover soon. Thank you for your assurance about dolan park - i will be there soon myself! take care x

Thank you,

Yeah I can definitely recommend Dolan park, quite enjoyed my stay haha. The only bad thing was that I had to wait 10 hours to go down to theatre but that's because there was some delay with getting my blood results back.

Just been reading you thread on whether to be banded before you holiday, have you decided to have it done before then? I'm going to Tenerife on 8th July for 11 nights and was told by THG it is fine to fly after 6 weeks as long as I have a defill - hopefully I'll be a bit lighter then too, hated feeling fat and uncomfortable on the plane last year x

So glad you're doing well hun :) x

hi- yes, have decided to go ahead before hol. My op is 20th may, and i go on hol 25th july:). Can you tell me what you took for your stay at dolan park please pjs (how many etc) and any pain relief?. thanks in advance, take care x

hi- yes, have decided to go ahead before hol. My op is 20th may, and i go on hol 25th july:). Can you tell me what you took for your stay at dolan park please pjs (how many etc) and any pain relief?. thanks in advance, take care x

Hi,

You'll need 1 pair of pj's, a dressing gown (a long one as the hospital gown doesn't cover your bum and legs) to walk down to theatre in, and a pair of slippers.

I took some soluble paracetamol but they give you liquid paracetamol afterwards anyway, I'd take some chewable winders and peppermint tea to ease the wind pain.

Be prepared for a lot of waiting around prior to surgery, I was there at 9.00am and was last to go down at 7.30pm! Luckily I had my mum with me so we just watched tv, read magazines and I had sleep (at least you can wait in your room)

Anything else you need to know just ask, I could go on forever lol x

Back