• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My gastric band diary from the very beginning

Baileyamber

hi sorry its me again. do you think that as i have no pain or wind yet i will still get it? or am i just one of the lucky ones?

Hiya, I wouldn't worry, if you had a hernia repaired aswell then I'm not surprised your feeling weak and tired. The wind pain was quite bad for 4-5 days but everybody does react differently and some don't even get any so you could well be one of them! :)

And thanks for your earlier msg, wishing you a speedy recovery x

Baileyamber

Hello my weight loss buddies :)

Had my first call from the dietician today who was lovely and really put my mind at ease about the little worries I had regarding eating the wrong foods and pain after eating. She advised I was doing well and to carry on as I am (but to try and eat slower) so I'm a happy bunny.

She also made me an appointment for my 2nd band fill and face to face dietician appt (i dont have my first fill till 3rd june lol)

She also said that although THG booklet advises not to eat bread, rice or meat for 3 months, this is not the case anymore and i can try them after 4 weeks post op! I'll be spoilt for choice but having the variety will be great. Still recording my calorie intake daily a best as i can until i get the right restricition and i find this really helps me keep on track (on 1600 cals a day though now! roll on fill date) :)

bex j88

Ooh that's a good idea- I'm going to call mine tomorrow and book a date for my 2nd fill! Excellent! :)

Xx

tubbytutor

Bailey

That is really interesting about the bread and pasta. That is my biggest temptation.

I am only day 6 into liquids and I am so fed up. I hate chocolate milk, fruit smoothies and am beginning to hate soup!! One week to go before I can have mush.

Interesting that in the hospital straight after my op I was offered a creamy yoghurt. Not what I would say was a liquid. When I queried this with the nurse she simply said " Well it's smooth isn't it"

It does seem we know more about this than the professionals sometimes!!