• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary - From the beginning

Restriction.. Tricky little world!

I've had 2 fills so far, and have 6ml in my 10ml band... I've never felt starving since having it, just peckish and craving, after a fill I can feel a "tightness!" Last fill felt good for 2 weeks then loosened up, I can eat everything, some foods I have to eat slowly as they hurt and feel tight in my sternum area. I also feel satisfied on smaller portions.
I have just been in a two week cruise and put on 5lb!! :-( I've discovered I can eat bread without trouble unfortunately.
Have another fill on Friday (yay) hoping to feel a little tighter again.

Since starting the purée today I've been hungry but my portion guides are like 3 tbsp or say half a Weetabix! But I do have to try manage 5-6 portions a day! I'm hungry :(

Oh... I eat two Weetabix with loads of skimmed milk for breakfast! It keeps me full until lunchtime though whereas before I'd be starving by mid-morning.

That's why I want to stay in this not hungry zone as long as possible.
Big walk in the morning.

mmmm the hunger is definitely returning for me.

You're doing really well!

You and I had our bands on the same day, and I feel exactly the same as you.

I don't know how to feel and also feel no restriction - but I feel hungry :(
I had a call from the dietitian today and she said it was totally normal to feel this way. At the moment I have no fill in a 10ml band, so am unlikely to feel restriction and the only reason I have not felt hungry is because of the swelling etc due to surgery.

I am having to be so focused, and have amazed myself with the amount of will power I have found from some where!

I have got my first fill booked in for 6th Nov and it could not come quick enough.

Surprised to not see any of you at the gates of Battersea Park at 6.15 this morning!!!

2 miles briskly walked. 146 calories burnt.

Booooom!

Thanks Chummi.
Mushy pasta last night - was bloody horrible to be fair.
Just about to have some porridge.

ClaireMarie - its the best time of the day.

Try and stay off the carbs as much as you can to improve your weight loss and be less hungry. The more carbs you eat (pasta, bread, cereals) the more hungry you'll be. Plus when you start getting proper restriction on your fills, these particular carbs can be really difficult with a band. Like writhing in agony for 5 hours in your bed pain as they swell inside you. You don't realise to you get full restriction the amount they swell up. Take your fills slowly, there is no hurry.

Higher protein, veg, then teeny weeny carbs will give you the best weight loss. Plus remember the band is the hardest, you still have hunger as your nerves haven't been severed on your stomach. The band is a tool for you to work with, and these first few weeks and months are the honeymoon period for you to deal with your food issues and re-educate your minds with life changing food habits.

And no slider foods, make it easier to get high calorie crap down your neck.

My weight has never reflected on the scales, I look at body shape, and weigh myself at the same time each week in roughly the same clothes. It's just a number to check that things were going down mostly and are stable now. If I do start to creep up, then I can do something before things get out if hand (again). I am never getting fat again !!

Agree that mornings are the best time for exercise. I walked 10km every morning when I could stay upright after my surgery second time round as was too ill to go to gym.

Lovely when the sun is coming up, horrid when it's lashing rain. Got to be done regardless ;)

Back