• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My gastric band diary from the very beginning

Baileyamber

Hello everyone,

Well today I have started my pre op milk diet and so thought I would start a diary of my journey.

Feeling very tired today, expect to feel like this for a few days but im also quite excited now as this is day 1 (feel like iv'e been waiting forever)

Also stopped smoking which along with the milk diet is tough but it will all be worth it i'm sure :)

Booked my train tickets and travel lodge today, going to stay over the night before with my mum then I only have a short journey on the day of the op, just hope i'm on the early morning list!!
Luckily my dad is able to pick us up on the Wednesday and drive us home (didnt fancy the train back)

Is anyone else having their band on 30th April at Dolan Park?

Hi Baileyamber, good luck with the pre op diet and the op :) :553:

hi im due to be banded a dolan park on 20th May with mr super, so would love to hear how you get on. I feel very apprehensive - i really want this to work. I dont want to have paid out all this money for me to fail x

Good luck for 30th .... Not too long to go. The milk diet is a pain, but a necessary evil ... If you can do that and give up smoking as well, what a fantastic new start :)

hi im due to be banded a dolan park on 20th May with mr super, so would love to hear how you get on. I feel very apprehensive - i really want this to work. I dont want to have paid out all this money for me to fail x

Hi, I feel very much the same but even after starting the pre op diet I'm feeling more positive about it all, Im determined to work with my band and get the best results I can after spending all this money! Just want to get the op over and done with now as I know it won't be pleasant.

I will update my diary as much as I can to keep you informed :) x

Good luck for 30th .... Not too long to go. The milk diet is a pain, but a necessary evil ... If you can do that and give up smoking as well, what a fantastic new start :)

Thank you flutterby, just hope I can have the success that you've had :) x

Hows it going? I was really apprehensive too before the op, and I would be quite negative as all I could think of was what if I cheat it, what if I pay all of this and I just lose a pound a month... but the day of my op and everyday after (a whole 7 of them lol) I feel so positive about the future and feel actually in control for the first time in a very long while.

I wish you every success and just keep thinking of you at your 30th birthday looking incredible!! xx

Hows it going? I was really apprehensive too before the op, and I would be quite negative as all I could think of was what if I cheat it, what if I pay all of this and I just lose a pound a month... but the day of my op and everyday after (a whole 7 of them lol) I feel so positive about the future and feel actually in control for the first time in a very long while.

I wish you every success and just keep thinking of you at your 30th birthday looking incredible!! xx

Thank you so much, I really can't wait to be where you are now, glad your feeling positive and in control, have you found being on liquids only ok this week? are you in much pain?

Hi Peeps,

Day 2 on my pre op diet and I'm still smiling! (even though I could eat my own arm and I cant stop going to the loo)
Its hard but I'm one day closer to my op! Can't wait to change my weight on here haha

Thank you so much, I really can't wait to be where you are now, glad your feeling positive and in control, have you found being on liquids only ok this week? are you in much pain?

I've been fine on liquids, I thought it would be painful to drink, but obviously nothing was cut so it was normal really.

No pain now at all, and the worst was from the trapped wind where they blow you up, but not everyone gets that! My incisions were just a bit stingy and I felt a bit of discomfort inside... Like a heavy feeling for a day or two!!

Keep going as strong on your pre op as every pound lost is lost for good and it will make your op go so much easier :)

I too look up to top Kat and flutterby (among loads of others) and think if I can do half as well I'll be thrilled!!!

X

That's reassuring to hear, top Kay and flutterby have done fantastic, would it be great to be a top 'loser' on here like them?! :)

I'm having mine done a week today at Dolan Park with Mr Super, I too have all the same concerns as you, however having forked out the cash I know I'm as positive as I've ever been in my life!!! Unlike my previous losses on L/L diet and other VLC diets this is a tool that stays with me. I can't wait!!!!!

another day closer to the new you ;)

Thats a great way to look at it! :)

I see your from Oldham too, any news on a date yet?

I'm having mine done a week today at Dolan Park with Mr Super, I too have all the same concerns as you, however having forked out the cash I know I'm as positive as I've ever been in my life!!! Unlike my previous losses on L/L diet and other VLC diets this is a tool that stays with me. I can't wait!!!!!

That's how I feel, could never do LL again it was torture . Ooohhh you'll be there with me next Tuesday!! Not long for us now :) x

Back