• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary - From the beginning

I organised transport from my provider. Picked up at 5am to get to Leeds for 7. It just seemed easier (though far more expensive) than trying to find my own way home afterwards.

I'm just gonna book a cab. The hotel is 2 miles from the hospital. Less than a tenner.
This time next week it'll all be done.

Wow,

Yeah. Very much so.
Not nervous at all, maybe apprehensive.
I've already been told my surgeon can be quite cutting/straight talking/rude!
What's the worst he can say!?
Tough day today on the pre op diet.
Had some crisp bread and cottage cheese (was allowed this on the diet) but from tomorrow I'm going to go liquid.
1 - to shift more weight.
2 - to get ready for the post op couple of weeks.

I'm ready to go!

I wasn't nervous of the op until I sat in the hospital room in paper knickers. Until that point my main fear was that the op wouldn't happen - I wouldn't lose enough weight, my blood pressure would be too high, my liver would be too big...

Only one more week pre-op, you can do one more week!:)

Had my band with Spire Manchester last month, they were excellent. Wishing you all the best. Xxx

Nog enough, had hoped the 8stone would go over night!! Just over a stone, but have started on purée so have put a little on as you do when going from fluid to food. Due got my first fill 8/10 so restriction should start soon. X

A stones good! It's never gonna be overnight!
I know for me, as long as I see a loss, I'm happy. I'm sick of losing a bit, then putting it back on and more.
Hopefully the band will help make sure that never happens again. X

Yeah. Very much so.
Not nervous at all, maybe apprehensive.
I've already been told my surgeon can be quite cutting/straight talking/rude!
What's the worst he can say!?
Tough day today on the pre op diet.
Had some crisp bread and cottage cheese (was allowed this on the diet) but from tomorrow I'm going to go liquid.
1 - to shift more weight.
2 - to get ready for the post op couple of weeks.

I'm ready to go!

I wasn't nervous of the op either I was laughing till they knocked me out lol. I was nervous of the pain after tho coz I hate pain but it was fine. My surgeon is also not well liked as he is very straight talking and says it how it is but I liked him I think it's because I'm like that a bit to so I respect that. I'd rather hear the truth straight to the point.
Pre op diet is horrible don't tourture urself with it to much, I found after my op I didn't even want to eat so had to force food into me. (I'm a sleever)
I don't wanna put u off but yes they definitely do abort the op if ur liver is to big I've known it happen a few times now to people. It's because they have to move ur liver to gain the access they need to ur stomach if ur liver is big they can't get the access they need.
I'm excited for u! Ur new life starts soon :)

HI all, although my Surgeon as not put me on the milk diet Im gonna keep to it only after reading alot of the reviews and well I dont want my Surgery to be cancelled as im travelling to france for mine. right now im bloody scared im gonna get a virus (flu or a cold) thats all I need :(

Back