• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary - From the beginning

How are you feeling? Excited, nervous? Good luck :D

It's like waiting for a baby to arrive, waiting for news from a new bander. Hope alls gone well. Touch base when you can. Rest up for now. X

thinking of you franky - hope all is going well. see you on the losers bench :D

I was hoping we'd have heard something by now.

Hope you're OK Franky, hurry up and update us with how it went :)

I keep checking back!

Yo yo yo!!

So the op got moved to Saturday.
No problem really, I stayed at a travelodge last night. Got here at 7am.
Met Mr Super - my surgeon. Everyone has said he's really harsh, almost rude. RUBBISH! What a lovely guy!
I went to theatre at 12.00. Everyone's been really nice and informative. The hospital is nice enough.
I came to at 1.15. Was in unbelievable pain from my stomach, then the pain relief - SUPPOSITRY- kicked in. I'm now in my room watching the footy scores roll in! I have a drip in until it runs out, then I'll get up and walk about.
I've looked at my wounds and they're so neat!
It's unreal!
So all is good. I have a dry mouth, but I'm sipping water.
They never weighed me so I don't know what I lost pre op, but the surgeon came to see me afterwards and he said I'd done really well pre op, my liver was nice and small and he could tell I'd stuck to it.
I asked the nurse this morning for some scales, just so I could know what I'd lost. She brought me some cheap old bathroom scales that went up to 18 stone! Ha!!! Maybe this time next year!
I've read half of my Ian Brown biography, and I've dicked about a bit on Facebook. I don't feel that tired actually. I hope the tiredness kicks in around 8.00 and I can sleep through X Factor.

I'd like to say thanks to all of you that have asked after me. It really is very kind. None of you know me, but we all know what each of us is going through. It helps to chat. I really hope this is the first day of the rest of my life.

Have a good Saturday people, thanks once again for all the kind words.
Peace and love and be nice to one another.
Xxx

Well done was getting a little worried. Anyway all's good. Kick back and relax. Then the hard work can begin. X

Hi Franky, I'm so glad it all went well! Was getting a bit worried that you hadn't been back, so it's great to see a post from you.

Hope you get plenty of rest and sleep tonight, you'll be even better once you get home.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery with no pain.

Glad all went well - now begins the exciting part!!

Justine x

I managed to sleep from 11.30 to 4.15. Struggling now.
I normally sleep on my side or front.
Lots of oain in my left shoulder, I was offered some pain relief last night at about 11.00 but stupidly said no.
Just been up for a wee though and getting about was a little easier than yesterday.

Baby steps sweet, u will get there. I struggled with sleep for a few weeks after op as I'm a tummy sleeper too, glad ur getting there tho. All so exciting at the beginning of ur amazing journey x x

Back