• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary - From the beginning

So after todays 2 miles I am going to have to take a couple of days off from the early morning walks.
My heels are torn to shreds.
The left heel has a blister 2 inches by 2 inches and its getting worse and worse.
Im gutted, because the walking is fine. I'm getting the heart rate up, getting a little sweat on, and getting the time down.
Everything else is fine.
First fill and first weigh in is two weeks today.
Bring it on.

Nah, Ive got decent trainers.
Tried a pair of Air Max and now on some Adidas.
I double socked the left foot today and I've been putting plasters on.
Its beyond a blister now.
Its raw. I'm in my office with my socks rolled down and no shoes on.
Luckily I have no meetings today.
I'm not ready for swimming yet, I wouldn't be comfortable, otherwise I'd do that instead for the next few days.
Definite rest day tomorrow.
Thanks for the reply though Sarah.

sounds like your doing great, but my god those blisters sounds horrible franky. Would some of those compeed blister patches help? x

Nah, Ive got decent trainers. Tried a pair of Air Max and now on some Adidas. I double socked the left foot today and I've been putting plasters on. Its beyond a blister now. Its raw. I'm in my office with my socks rolled down and no shoes on. Luckily I have no meetings today. I'm not ready for swimming yet, I wouldn't be comfortable, otherwise I'd do that instead for the next few days. Definite rest day tomorrow. Thanks for the reply though Sarah.

Sounds really painful Franky x have you tried Compeed blister plasters? I did a 60km walk a few years ago and they were a god send x hope they heal up quickly so you can get back to it x

Paula

What a pity. I do know how you feel - 2 years ago I did a site tour in borrowed safety boots. The scars on my feet and ankles are still very obvious. I hope yours start healing quickly. Compeed are excellent, and if you chat to your pharmacist they have a spray which will seal the blister to make sure it doesn't get infected and to help stop things rubbing while your skin heals.

I love my swimming. The bliss of moving through the water with no aches or pains is the highlight of my day. I've been going a couple of years, even at my fattest, I just picked a pool which was far enough from home for me to feel anonymous:)

Other than the blisters, how's it going?

Yeah no problems thanks.
I did the two mile brisk walk/jog 4 times last week and so far this Monday and Tuesday.
I definitely won't do tomorrow, but I hope I can do Thursday and Friday.
I need some Nike Huaraches. (If anyone knows what they are.)
Food wise - no problem.
On to solids this weekend. Sunday I think. Then I have 10 days til my appointment.
And the all important first weigh in.
I want 3 stone.
And I'll be disappointed if I don't get it.
So on this weekends agenda is proper food shopping for the first time in ages!
I'll be staying off the wine for a few more weeks.
I'm really trying to give the weight loss a good kick start.
Oh, and date update, its still on!
I thought she had blown me out - but no.
Looking forward to that.

Whats everyone else saying?

I definately think you will get your 3 stone. You have tried so hard for it and your exercising lots. Fingers crossed and good luck with the date x

I'm sure you'll do the 3 stone, you've been so disciplined! Fingers crossed.

Shame about the blisters, as you say, you need some decent walking shoes. Hope they heal soon x

Keep us up-DATE-ed :D

Damn, banderbird stole my pun!

I still don't know whether my last "date" was in fact a date. There's a lot of texting and facebook jokiness about the company I work for, but no more flirtiness than usual. Mind you, I'm really awful at flirting, so who knows?
I'd take myself off to a convent (lord knows I've got the chastity bit down pat) but I've done the whole poverty thing and it didn't suit me. Plus I'd look like Dawn French when she did the parody of The Sound of Music...

On the positive side I had possibly the nicest salad the world has ever seen for dinner tonight in Starbucks of all places. Once I'd picked out the bits of pomegranate (why, WHY??) it was gorgeous. Tenderstem broccoli, raw beetroot, feta cheese, harrissa chicken, butternut squash and quinoa with sunflower seeds. Oh, there may have been some spinach in there. And some fine beans. Whatever, it was lush and only 381 cals. Tax-dodge-licious:)

No walk for me this morning.
Ans I am wearing leather sandals in the office - in October.
No socks of course.
Thats just how I roll.

You do make me laugh Franky:D

well done Franky sounds like your doing fantastically, your looking great already :) loving your sense of humor too, its good to come here and smile. spose you know your doing great when your getting blisters lol x x x

BLISTER UPDATE.
The air getting to them is helping.
I should probably give them another days rest, but I think Im going to attempt the walk in the morning.

In other new I am eating the worlds runniest shepherds pie at the moment.
Ive put vinegar on it so it reminds me of pie and mash.

Roll on proper food on the weekend - roast chicken!

BLISTER UPDATE.
The air getting to them is helping.
I should probably give them another days rest, but I think Im going to attempt the walk in the morning.

In other new I am eating the worlds runniest shepherds pie at the moment.
Ive put vinegar on it so it reminds me of pie and mash.

Roll on proper food on the weekend - roast chicken!

Roast chicken is the best. Defo better than curried parsnip lol

Back