• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My God!!!! Not WLS related but so shocked had to say something...

Perissa

I have just seen on Facebook that my 14 year old neice is ENGAGED!!!!!!

She is 14 years old!!!!!!!!!!!

I know her mother has always been liberal but come on she is a child.

It should be illegal, I am shocked and stunned. Her mother is seperated from my brother but she knows the background of the family so she must know the reaction.

You should see the snogging pictures posted!!!!

I am also SPEECHLESS - what is her mother thinking!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea wot this world is coming too..........someone i know her daughter has 2 kids, and she is only 16 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes you read right 16............was pregnant @ 12 , baby @ 13. Pregnant @ 14 , baby @ 15...............and the mothers all proud and everything.................soz to say this but wtf is there too be proud of...........never went to school from age of 12 and 2 kids at 15...........wot a waste of life..........

kids eh ! if they only knew what "real life" was about, they will learn they hard way.

liz x

Children don't stay children for long now and i blame a lot of it on kids wanting more independance too early. As an ex teacher we were seeing kids as young as 9 and 10 starting to have physical relationships!!!!! i'm sorry but i was still playing with my barbie's, sindy's and tressy at that age and when i thought about growing up and being an adult it terrified me. Some parents are to blame also as they want to be more of a friend than a parent and i'm sorry but we are parents first with responsibility for our children and yes a friend to but there still needs to be boundaries. I think i am now officially old (i sound like my own mum) hope the your niece's situation is short lived

How olds the fiance?

If the mums always been very 'liberal' with them then shes probably seeking a functional mature relationship, with stability and love. Of course, what she'll get is either a control freak or a little boy playing grown up to get what he wants.

Unfortunately, at present the Police rarely intervene when a child is 13 or over, unless there is a significant age gap (atleast 4 years) or it is suspected that the child is being sexually exploited (for example her mother encouraging her to sleep with people). Even with a significant age gap, unless there is a level of grooming and malicious intent suspected very little happens.

Is it possible the monther does not even know? kids do things and say things not thinking of the consequences this could easily be the case here. I certainly do not think being engaged at 14 is a good idea this is only encouraging them to step into adulthood earlier then they are mentally.

:confused:why do people rush into things at that age they have not experienced much in life why is there such a rush.i want my girls to do and see so much before they even go into relationships...

Thing is i got engaged at that age, never lasted it is a fantasy...... sounds to me like she is looking for attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perissa neither wonder you are so upset it is a great worry when children so young get involved in 'adult' behaviour
I fostered for 20 years the last 10 being all teenagers who were hard to place, and many of them are sexually active at that age as they are trying to find love purely and simply and will do anything to feel loved and safe, and I mean 'anything'
It is scary your niece should be enjoying her teenage years before she HAS to be an adult but obviously she thinks she is in control of the situation and the mother seems happy about it so not much can be done, unless as shell says there is fears for the girls safety .
Certainly must have been a shock for you

Jay xx

Back