• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my highs and lows, ups and downs

lyndajoan said:
thanks toni going first thing.
12th day post op and i ate today for brakefast some porridge, snack muler light yoghurt, soup for lunch, porridge for dinner, coffee with milk and a spoon of powderd milk, warter in between, thats me for today the only thing is this bloody wound which hopefully i will get sorted tommorrow,havent heard from my mum all day which i am so so glad i just couldnt cope with her sly abusive remarks, then i have a call at 7.30pm all she said was alright, good, are you comming up tommorrow. i thought why she asking me am i comming to hers and i have just realised its mothers day, method in madness funny how she just expects a card you have to be a mother first not just give birth to a person, to warrent a card let alone a bunch of flowers and a present. i wont be going anyway nothing is ever good enough for her any way even if my leg was falling off she would of still called saying the same. I DONT THINK SO.

Mothers Day is March 18th chick. My partner said its tomorrow earlier. But looked on the calendar and online.

Sorry your wound is giving you gip :(

aw bless ya huni, i hope your wound gets sorted :( .... i didnt have a clue when mothers day is so thanks sophie, not that it matters for me ... noone to buy for and im not expecting anything lol,

Big Hugs for you huni
Take care xxxxxx

Tonibones10 said:
aw bless ya huni, i hope your wound gets sorted :( .... i didnt have a clue when mothers day is so thanks sophie, not that it matters for me ... noone to buy for and im not expecting anything lol,

Big Hugs for you huni
Take care xxxxxx

(((hugs))) xxxx

oh i am glad about that i got mothers day wrong but i am not being lulled into a false sense of security. xx

Last edited:
lyndajoan said:
oh i am glad about that i got mothers day wrong but i am not being lulled into a false sence of security. xx

Don't blame you! Lol

hi 13 day pre op feling ok just had my porridge with an extra 2 spoons of powderd milk for protine, my left wound is still really sore it is still oozing but not as much, things like getting up hurt so i have to walk stooped over holding my side ha ha i must look stupid but there is only me in my house so i laugh at my self. tryed some carrott and corrianda soup for lunch yesterday it was lovely, then blended some chicken, veg, for dinner to much at the moment, going to make some veg soup today i if i feel up to going around the super market if not will make do with what i have got in for now.

I hope your wound heals soon chick xxx

And you are doing the right thing. Testing the water and not pushing yourself too far. Well done :) xxx

well i have been back to doctors as instructed yesterday by out of hours nurse, got wound cleaned and told not to get it wet so will have to miss that bit when i take a shower, told not to lift anything even the hoover and to go back wed for another dressing and to see how its getting on. had a moment befor when i was in pain when i got home i thought why have i done this i just felt so alone coulnt stop crying, but i have perked up a bit and i do know why i have done this and once this wound heals i will feel even better cos i will be able to get out and meet people. xxx

aw bless ya hun, your right you will feel better when its cleared up, then you will feel more of the benefits of the op, take it easy as instructed hun ok? get fully better then you will feel full of life :):):)

Take care xxx

thanks toni i really hope so.
15 days post op and still got pain off this wound mainely when i wake up now with being in the same place all night then getting up and stretching it, once i am up and about and took my pain relive i feel ok. to top it all my t.o.t.m. is here so more added pain. going to have my porridge in a sec with an extra couple of spoons of dried milk for protine mmmm. then for lunch some chicken soup, dinner mince and mash, thats my menu for the day not doing much else back to the doctors for dressing change tomorrow. xxxxx

Glad you are plodding along relatively ok :) Hope your pains ease up lovely lady xxx

oh what a great time for totm for you :( the joys of being a woman bless ya, get lots of rest hun #
Take Care xx

Been to my doctors had my wound cleaned and changed and thank god its drying up now, i couldnt resist weighing my self its the first time since my op as i am not going to weigh each day only because i know what i am like i will become obsessive, well i have lost 5kg which is 11Ibs in 16 days so thats not bad at all i think, shows i must be doing something right the next time i get weighed is at the 3month assesment at the murrayfield with dietition and surgeon so i will see how much i have lost then, feeling a bit more in high spirits now because i am not in that much pain so i can take anything on the chin when i am feeling like this, thanks to all who have supported me the last few days its much appriciated hope i can return the favour you are fantastic. well thats me for today happy healing, waiting, loosing weight or what ever stage you are at i wish you all the very best. xxxxx

We were returning the favour already, as you are a wonderful support on here :)

Well done on your loss and so happy to see you are healing and feeling happier in yourself xxx

well done you, im glad you in high spirits huni and you are so supportive of us so yeah as sophie said we are repaying you :)
Take care your doing fantastic!
XoxoxoxoX

day 17 post op and all is well,my wound is healing up nicely just alot of briusing, will be glad in another 4weeks to stop the injections in my tummy, dont need to go back to murrayfield for dressing change now can do it myself which is alot better, food is fine keeping everything down , had a coffee with powderd milk for extra protine when i got up had tablets, then about an hour and a half i had a slimfast shake made a change, yoghurt for snack, tin ww soup lunch, and some sweet potato and butternut squash mashed with a cod stake and some parsley sauce to make it to the right texture it was yummy, had made some veg soup but must of put it in the slow cooker to late so wasnt ready will have that tommorrow though looks and smells nice. not weighing myself again till my3 month check see what happens then. xxxxxx

hi toni i feel fine, hope your head ache has gone now you dont half suffer a lot with them, maybee after the op when you have lost a bit of weight you wont get as much pressure as you do now i really do hope so for your sake.xxxxx

fuffs you are doing excellant your weight loss is just great a statement to your hard work and dedication.xxxxx

day 19 pre op goodness were does the time go? i have had my coffee and tablets, some porridge, and going to have the veg soup i made yesterday for my lunch i will blitz it first of course, then i will freeze the rest and have it as and when. i never really froze any food i just seemed to get it as and when cos at first you can barely eat that much and one tin of soup does 2 servings, i am still on the soft stage but feel i can eat differant things that are allowed at this stage, were at first it was mainly soups, yoghurts and warter. hope you are all well take care we are all together in this journey. xxxx

Back