• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my hospital experience

Good luck babe.

And top tip, ask for paracetamol via the drip. Its heavenly!! Only bit of the 3 days i enjoyed haha

X

Nite hun n good luck for 2moz xx

Hope your journey is a good one and look forward to seeing your first post on your new start xxxx

You may have had your op by now. Hope it will/is/did go well!!! Xxx

Good idea to do this. I look forward to the updates. x

I did likewise and if you have 50 posts or more you can access mine via the link in my signature. I re-read it yesterday and it gave me a real kick up the behind because it made me remember why I needed this trip so badly and how easy it is fo fall back into bad habits.

Good luck, you are in good hands, looking forward to reading you dairy.

Wendy x

Good luck today xXx

Hope you are al done and starting you new life xxxx

Been thinking of you today hun, hope all has gone well

kim xx

Ok everyone went down for surgery yesterday at 11:30 the aneastisist was a very nice man. They took me into the operating theatre and layed me on the table attached arm tables and put both my arms out. The realness of the situation hit me and I cried a bit but everyone comforted me and then I was given several injections and everything went black. I woke in my ward at 5:30. I was quite comfortable and not in much pain at all. I would explain my pain as a very bad menstrual cramp. I have 9 very small incisions going around my stomach on the left side. I've been in and out of a morphine haze all of the remainder of yesterday and most of today. Though haven't needed to hit the button much today I do have paracedomol drip as well. I don't feel hungry at all but really feel dry and can't wait to sip a bit of water at 5 (which is protocol) Everyone is quite attentive and Dr Hassani has been brilliant. I have no regrets atm and doubt I will in future. I seem to be producing too little fluids though so my drips have been increased and my slide scale for insulin has not been raised at all Everyone is guessing that will be a thing of the past very soon and my blood pressure has been low so they have stopped my blood pressure medicine as well. Thank you to everyone for your support and words of encouragement through all of this. And now my new journey begins:)

oh im so glad you are ok Vicki... you sound like you are doing really well... keep us updated with your progress xx
ooh and the not feeling hungry is weird isnt it.... you go into your op starving and come out not even bothered lol xx

It is weird I came up in a lift with a guy Wednesday and thought omg wonder if anyone would notice if I took his crisps lol and today the food cart came around I the guy serving said sorry sweetheart and looked sad for me and I said no it's ok I don't want anything anyway and that was the truth I really didn't...very weird indeed might have to set alarms to remind myself to eat lol who would have thought me doing that.
The only bad points at the minute are burping hurts and I am burping alot and my throat is really sore from the operative tube. Both are small bad points though lol

Oh wow, it sounds like you are experiencing major changes already (Insulin and BP meds)
I am so pleased it went so well for you, reading this thread has made me feel a bit less worried about my op in a couple of weeks. Thank you x

Good luck with the new you!

the gas is normal hun and that will soon go... usually takes a couple of days, the more you move around then that will go... the sore throat is the tubes they stick down your thoat... you will be talking all husky then overnight that sort of clears aswell... so your on your way to a good recovery hun... remember we are here fr you all the way xx

OMGosh-I forgot about the burping. I remember coming round and wanting to burp and it just wouldn't come out, it was as though it was stuck in my chest. I thought 'Oh no. I'll never be able to burp again ! Why didn't anyone tell me that?!'.
I did belch eventually but only the once. I still rarely burp and a trump is so rare I announce it to the whole household with pride!!

So glad you had a good ride and are recovering well !

OMGosh-I forgot about the burping. I remember coming round and wanting to burp and it just wouldn't come out, it was as though it was stuck in my chest. I thought 'Oh no. I'll never be able to burp again ! Why didn't anyone tell me that?!'.
I did belch eventually but only the once. I still rarely burp and a trump is so rare I announce it to the whole household with pride!!

So glad you had a good ride and are recovering well !

i felt like that but about the other end..then day 3 i farted..i was so happy!! lol

So glad it has all gone so well :) I love this thread. Your journey has been very comforting lol xxx

Glad it's all gone well. You'll be up and about before you know it! :)
xXx

Have just walked all the way down the corridor and back unaided with very little pain :) I am told this is a good thing and I will have my wires and catheter taken out tomorrow morning...woohoo
I am now allowed to have 60 mils of water an hour now and get to have juice tomorrow also a woohoo as I hate water though atm it is a blessing really. I'm still not producing enough fluids yet but it's getting better so not real worried.

Back