• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my hospital experience

I really love all of your updates. It's very helpful for some of us who are waiting to know what to expect. Did you have an open bypass? I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Maybe you'll get some broth soon!

no I had keyhole I have 9 small cuts going around the left side of my stomach. I'm glad these updates are helping others. They are just things I wanted to know when I was waiting so thought it might be useful to others. :)

My drips have all been removed now but they have left the ports until tomorrow. I am very fed up with orange squash and feel like a water balloon right now lol
My neck itches from my mains port but the shower I had this morning was heavenly!!
I also had a warm squash which was lovely but would kill for a cup of broth. I'm still not hungry just sick of sweet drink or water.
I keep falling asleep in my chair lol and my blood pressure medicine has been taken away permanently as my blood pressure is now that of a very healthy person!!
They have also taken away all of my daytime insulin I only taken two (not four) metformin tablets and half of the night time insulin I was on before. My blood glucose is completely stable and holding at 5.3 which is non-diabetic level!!!
I have very little pain at all and I feel great:)
I was in a small amount of pain last night Rayne and my buzz was the only celebration for my new year I had lol Saw some fireworks out my window as well so was a pretty good new year at the end of the day.
Anyhow hope this year is wonderful for everyone:)

And what a great start to 2012 hun

best wishes

Kim x

glad everything is going well. loving all the insider info thanks xx

back home soon hun, and you can get yourself into a routine and start to heal xxx

The doctor has been round and all my ports are being taken out, I'm being given prescription vitamins and clexine injections and going home today:) I'm not looking forward to being home as my husband is still being an ass about this whole thing and it just stresses me out but I have to go home sometime. The doctor says I am doing better than most people do. I guess thats a plus and I am probably not going to be taking any of my diabetic meds anymore either:) By the way they stitch the mainline in so they have to cut the stitches to remove it OUCH!! Its out now though :) :) :) :) :) and the nurse is bringing me a cup of tea :) :) :) :)

I'm not looking forward to being home as my husband is still being an ass about this whole thing and it just stresses me out but I have to go home sometime. :) :) :) :)

Awww dont worry - he was prob really scared if the truth be known!
Your posts have been fab xx

Well done!! You have done so well and your posts have been wonderful :)

I agree with nomoreyoyo. Maybe he feared losing you, so acted like an idiot. When he sees the quality of life you have, if he is a decent man, he should be happy for you :)

I hope going home is better than you anticipate xxx

Hun your hubby will be ok, he pob just a bit confused about the whole thing, sit him down and explain the ins and outs to him xx Gad you are going home, you will be ok and remember im here and a whole forum of lovely people are here for you.. and if you ever need to chat but not on here, then jus say and i will pm my number xx

Hun your hubby will be ok, he pob just a bit confused about the whole thing, sit him down and explain the ins and outs to him xx Gad you are going home, you will be ok and remember im here and a whole forum of lovely people are here for you.. and if you ever need to chat but not on here, then jus say and i will pm my number xx

Hun

Take your sad face off your 5 week stay the same weight, you have done FANTASTICALLY well-don't beat yourself up, you have lost OVER 4 STONE - what an achievement

Well Done

Kim XX

thanks Kim xxx you have kicked me up the bum and i will do that now, i had a bad water infection so was in an unhappy place when i put that...i will take it off now xxx

thanks Kim xxx you have kicked me up the bum and i will do that now, i had a bad water infection so was in an unhappy place when i put that...i will take it off now xxx

Kim is right you have done so very well put it in the cupboard and drink drink drink its the key we newbies need to remember - i have drunk so much over the last 4 days i feel like i will drown hehe however the dial on the scales is now moving - drink drink drink to lilly the pink the pink the pink hahaha

xxx

haha you lot are fruitloops... but your all great and im loving you as my new friends... im drinking...and im about to make a bottle of squash to sip while walking round asda.... ooh reminds me..this time say september i had never walked all around asda... cos i couldnt... i would go to the section i needed then have to have a sit down before making my way to the car... now im ooh look at this and look at that lol xx you guys have made me realise i have so much to be greatfull for ... thankyou Kim and Debs xx

haha you lot are fruitloops... but your all great and im loving you as my new friends... im drinking...and im about to make a bottle of squash to sip while walking round asda.... ooh reminds me..this time say september i had never walked all around asda... cos i couldnt... i would go to the section i needed then have to have a sit down before making my way to the car... now im ooh look at this and look at that lol xx you guys have made me realise i have so much to be greatfull for ... thankyou Kim and Debs xx

Love you back - my sis bought me a dressing gown from asda for christmas and it even fits - wouldnt have before hehe you and me are on this journey together we are about the same weight so we are slimming sisters hehe xx have fun

Viki, maybe once your husband sees that you are able to stop taking some of your meds already that this is really a good decision for you. And when some of the weight comes off, you'll be even healthier! I hope he is supportive when you get home! Please keep us informed. We're here for you!

Hi Viki,

Thinking about you today as you go home. Really hope there are some positives with your hubby.

Thanks for the posts, they've been really interesting for me as it will be my turn soon.

Keep posting and let us know how you get on.

Love and hugs to you,

hope all is well and you get home for a nice night in your own bed. xx

hi viki i havent posted for a while just been lurking to keep me up to date with everyone,
when i can get a minute.

thanks for your posts they have been really helpfull and informative,

i hope to do the same when its my turn as it helps others
but is also good to look back on ourselfs also.

hope your hubby has a change of feelings towards you
having this opp when he sees how you are not as
dependant on you meds, and loose weight which
in turn will make you a lot happier and healthier,

and who knows if he plays his cards right
a lot more friskier, ha ha.

well now your home its the begining of a new year,
a new and happier you,

so happy healing for the moment dont forget to try and take
it easy, and sip sip sip and sip some more. xxxxxx

Back