• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my hospital experience

Viki, your posts are so informational for me. I'm becoming less scared and more excited! I hope to have my date very soon. Your posts actually made me get a little teary. I can't believe that will be me soon! I'm glad you're doing well..... Can't wait to see your progress!

Congratulations!!! Welcome to Loser-Land!! :D

Reading your post reminded me of how bloody much I burped (and farted, I'm not ashamed to say!!) whilst on the ward recovering! I kept apologising to the other ladies on the ward but the nurses kept telling me I had to do it as it was dangerous to try and hold it in!!!! Put the fear of god into me that did!!!! :eek:

I still think it's brilliant that I don't really care about food in the way I used to - I can quite happily see or smell other people with food without craving it or thinking I'm missing out. I'm cured!! I'm cured!!! :happy036:

So pleased all is going well for you

Really enjoying your updates

Kim xx

keep them coming Vicki xx

Great news Hun congrats ;)

How funny you all are with your wind stories! I can't wait to be in the land of the losers, even better news that it will be acceptable to pass wind post op!!... glad to hear your pain is being well controlled. How lovely to be able to look forwards to the rest of your life without a heavy heart...excuse the pun! x

How are you today Vicki? xx

Hiya everyone
They have removed my morphine drip and catheter today. I walked down to the front entrance for some fresh air a few times today. I'm in nearly no pain today. I still don't feel hungry though dinner for the rest of the ward smelled nice I was happy just with smelling it I didn't want any. I'm up to a glass of watery squash an hour now but am having trouble getting that much in and am told I have to drink 2 glasses an hour tomorrow OMG I know its important though so will do it but willhave to push myself to.
I'm glad this has helped others. My best advise sitting here two days after surgery is GO FOR IT!!! It is going to be so worth it and the pain/discomfort is so insignificant it's unreal. I can't believe I have waited so long and almost convinced myself not to do it. I have met a new lady who had her surgery yesterday and she is doing really well too. I won't tell her story though because it's her story not mine and it would be rude of me.

thats great Vicki..are you gonna be able to stay awake to see in the new year.... oh well for some of us it will be a sober one.... but at least you can pretend your in pain and get a bit high on the morphine lol.
Hapy New Year to you lovlely xxx

lol I will try to stay awake for it :) After all it is the beginning of my new life :) :) :) :) :)
Happy New Year Rayne:)
Happy New Year everyone I hope you all have a fantastic year

Im told I will go home Monday. You'll be happy to know Rayne that I have just been given my morphine tablet and two paracedamols (dispersable ones) so should have a tiny New Years buzz lol

Glad your journey has been a pleasant one so far. Have a comfortable evening and ring in the New Year with a new you!

Tatiana

haha Vicky you loon.. enjoy...and i bet you didnt even need them either!! wow you have a nice long stay in hospital.. i was at charing cross and they were like... in 7.30am on friday, op at 11 them boot you out on sunday afternoon, i would of be out in the morning but i had to wait for the pharmacy to sort out my meds lol xx

Rayne,

My stay should have been Friday to Monday at St Peters, Chertsey except that they thought I had a leak on the Sunday so after a ct scan and delayed recovery they let me home on the Tuesday!

Tatiana

wow you guys were definately looked after... to be honest i was happy with the pre-op care at charing cross... but the after care i wasnt... they were short of staff and when a nurse came and asked me if i could eat i was like... well you tell me!!

Hi Viki,
Glad to hear how well you are doing. Happy New Year and Happy New You.

Love and hugs,

well done vikib,Hope you are feeling a bit better after your opp x

My drips have all been removed now but they have left the ports until tomorrow. I am very fed up with orange squash and feel like a water balloon right now lol
My neck itches from my mains port but the shower I had this morning was heavenly!!
I also had a warm squash which was lovely but would kill for a cup of broth. I'm still not hungry just sick of sweet drink or water.
I keep falling asleep in my chair lol and my blood pressure medicine has been taken away permanently as my blood pressure is now that of a very healthy person!!
They have also taken away all of my daytime insulin I only taken two (not four) metformin tablets and half of the night time insulin I was on before. My blood glucose is completely stable and holding at 5.3 which is non-diabetic level!!!
I have very little pain at all and I feel great:)
I was in a small amount of pain last night Rayne and my buzz was the only celebration for my new year I had lol Saw some fireworks out my window as well so was a pretty good new year at the end of the day.
Anyhow hope this year is wonderful for everyone:)

Back