• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey starts today

Well done and good luck for your future x

Oh double bonus! You sound on top of it all which is great, hopefully you might get away with minor pain which would be great. Im sure you will have a good sleep tonight if you are not too sore. Did gorgeous mr galloway like your party knickers x

Hi girls. I'm doing ok. Not out of bed yet. But feeling great. Dead laid back. Just been asked if I want any pain relief, don't need it. Have a wee bit of discomfort because of the wind. But not anything major I have been having a lot of pain before my surgery in my belly button on a previous surgery site where I had a patch of endeometeriousis removed years ago. It had flared up at the start of the summer when I was taken off long term meds (which I was subsequently put back on, but not before my condition was activated again). I have been getting monitored, the area has been scanned and photographed for a comparison on my return in October. I was potentially looking at more surgery if my meds didn't resolve the situation Well the gorgeous Mr Galloway has gone in and removed my endeometeriousis and separated some lesions which he thinks were actually causing me all the pain while he was doing my band. What a darling. This makes life so much less complicated for me as Lindsay has told his kids that I was in hospital to have endo removed. And my boss had just made this assumption too when I told her I needed time off for surgery. I was really annoyed at Lindsay as I hate being dishonest. Now I don't have to be :) :) So a great outcome for me all round

That's fantastic of mr Galloway to do that for you!! No wonder he has such a great reputation!!

That definitely makes life easier for U when people are asking how u got on xxx

Good to hear all has gone so well. Well done to you x x

Despite a sleeping pill I was still up a couple or times through the nigh eat now wide awake at 5am lol

There is nothing wrong with me I am just still totally hyper lol

Still no real pain. Just the discomfort of the trapped wind and a bit tenderness getting in and out of bed

Really looking forward to this yoghurt this morning

So. Morning peeps!

Hi, been reading all about your experiences, your all doing so well..Hope you don't mind me butting in...I'm in for my bypass tomorrow, getting nervous and excited all at the same time, its such a strange feeling, but reading your comments both reassures me and makes me laugh. Left packing my case until tonight so I would have something to occupy me, going to have lots of cuddles off my little doggy before he goes off to my mum and dads while I'm in hospital, hope I'm not in to long they have said it could be 24 hours or 3 days? Take care all, hope everything goes well for everyone

Hi, been reading all about your experiences, your all doing so well..Hope you don't mind me butting in...I'm in for my bypass tomorrow, getting nervous and excited all at the same time, its such a strange feeling, but reading your comments both reassures me and makes me laugh. Left packing my case until tonight so I would have something to occupy me, going to have lots of cuddles off my little doggy before he goes off to my mum and dads while I'm in hospital, hope I'm not in to long they have said it could be 24 hours or 3 days? Take care all, hope everything goes well for everyone[/QUOTE

Kim your not butting in. The more the merrier. Good luck for tomorrow. Keep in touch and let us girlies know it goes. We can all support one another on the other side

Well bummer girls. I got home, got right on the scales and put on two and a half pounds :-(

Sharon I never got that yoghurt lol

Since I have come home I have managed 2 slim fast ice lollies which is half a bottle of slim fast. A half cup of Bovril and a half pint of diluted juice. I feel stuffed

Glad you are home, here starts the recovery, it sounds like you are doing really well, and full up too thats good after starving on the pre op diet.

I have developed a right rattling cough and feeling a bit warm so I think I will try to get a GPs appointment :-(

Apart from that. Allan good

Hi Kirsty
pleased to here you are home, let us now how you got on at the doctors.

Hope everything went ok Kimbo.

Hi Kirsty! The rattling chest will probably be the anaesthetic, how's are you feeling today? Hopefully you won't be coming down with a bug x

Hi girls. Doctor Thinking it's just after effects if being under

No pain relief needed today :)

Finding it difficult to get fluid down. So far I have had a small glass of water and a few spoonfuls of clear broth. I am sucking in a slim fast ice lolly at present

Trying to move every hour. Did get up and dressed this morning but was shattered. Am now back in the couch in my gooney dozing

I think my expectations were too high I am amazed at how sleepy I feel.

Good news is that my two pound weight gain is gone plus another one third of a pound. That's me down from fifteen stone five and a half pounds to fourteen stone three and three quarters. :)

Thinking about all you girls with upcoming surgeries. This time tomorrow Sharon it will be all over :)

Glad doctor said" everything ok", just relax now and enjoy time off. Well done on the 2lb and a bit.

Back