• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Pre Op Diet for Gastric Band

Thanks guys. I’m planning to take it easy and my sister is a massive support who will be keeping her eye on me the whole time. We won’t be doing the entire day, but I will try and make the most of it.

I had to be reminded a few times today that I’ve had surgery just a few days ago because I was trying to help my Neice build her new bed and hated feeling useless but I really couldn’t and wouldn’t be able to lift anything. So I assisted with holding and pointing at a maximum lol.

Well have fun babe xx

How was day 1 at the conference? Was it hot in the building? I went to a BBQ yesterday and was boiling standing in the sun.x

How was day 1 at the conference? Was it hot in the building? I went to a BBQ yesterday and was boiling standing in the sun.x

Sadly, the conversation was an absolute disappointment. It was in some sort of corridor and very unorganised so we headed straight home.
Last night at the hotel was lovely though, and we went to pizza express last night where I was able to have a lovely soft drink of still strawberry lemonade and some ice cream :)

Sadly, the conversation was an absolute disappointment. It was in some sort of corridor and very unorganised so we headed straight home.
Last night at the hotel was lovely though, and we went to pizza express last night where I was able to have a lovely soft drink of still strawberry lemonade and some ice cream :)

Oh no that pants what a shame hope it’s better today mmm good hotel and nice supper result xx

Sunday dinner made into a soup. Mixture of vegetables, gravy, potato, mint sauce and apple sauce blitzed and delicious lol

Attachments

• 35F86C21-EABA-469C-8FFE-C9973B925961.jpeg
    35F86C21-EABA-469C-8FFE-C9973B925961.jpeg
    984.9 KB · Views: 4
Sunday dinner made into a soup. Mixture of vegetables, gravy, potato, mint sauce and apple sauce blitzed and delicious lol

Mmm yum xx

That's a good idea making your meal into soup. For the band does your surgeon stress eating high protein? I'm not sure what the dietary requirements are for that surgery. Just wondered if you were still having milk to keep your protein intake up.x

That's a good idea making your meal into soup. For the band does your surgeon stress eating high protein? I'm not sure what the dietary requirements are for that surgery. Just wondered if you were still having milk to keep your protein intake up.x

Hiya Kim,

The surgeon didn't really stress anything at this point, he said the focus is to get better and avoid, chewing gum, fizzy drinks and bread for the time being.
The dietician is to ring me on Monday next week to tell me the next requirements. I was advised for 2 weeks to only consume anything you can pour, so I can still have my yogurts, I can have soup, tea, coffee, juices etc and I have to take multivitamins.

Hiya Kim,

The surgeon didn't really stress anything at this point, he said the focus is to get better and avoid, chewing gum, fizzy drinks and bread for the time being.
The dietician is to ring me on Monday next week to tell me the next requirements. I was advised for 2 weeks to only consume anything you can pour, so I can still have my yogurts, I can have soup, tea, coffee, juices etc and I have to take multivitamins.

You feeling ok though babe? Xx

Back at work today.
It's an amazing thing to hear people say that they can see a difference.
Everyone so far has said how much they can see a difference but I can't see it yet. I know I am smaller because my clothes are big and I know I weigh less because the scales tell me so but I suppose its going to be while until I really start feeling it. :)

You feeling ok though babe? Xx

Yeah, I feel absolutely fine. The band is effective already. I rarely get hungry and I get full very quickly which is exactly why I have it.
Sitting at my desk is a bit sore but I suppose I will get used to it.

How are you finding the pre-op diet?

Back at work today.
It's an amazing thing to hear people say that they can see a difference.
Everyone so far has said how much they can see a difference but I can't see it yet. I know I am smaller because my clothes are big and I know I weigh less because the scales tell me so but I suppose its going to be while until I really start feeling it. :)

Oh that’s fab sweetheart just take it steady at work though xx. Even when I was a size 6-8 I felt fat and I was tiny it’s that head thing again babe we all have it. We gotta conquer it lovely xx. Take those complements and enjoy xxx

Oh that’s fab sweetheart just take it steady at work though xx. Even when I was a size 6-8 I felt fat and I was tiny it’s that head thing again babe we all have it. We gotta conquer it lovely xx. Take those complements and enjoy xxx
Thanks Irene.

I've always been the same where I always assume people are lying. I think that they probably look at me and see how fat I am and so that their expression doesnt offend me, they say 'oh have you lost weight?'
I know its not always the case but its hard to think positive but I'm sure it will come in time. xxx

Yeah, I feel absolutely fine. The band is effective already. I rarely get hungry and I get full very quickly which is exactly why I have it.
Sitting at my desk is a bit sore but I suppose I will get used to it.

How are you finding the pre-op diet?

Brilliant sweets so happy for you xx. Well day three I get hungry but then just gotta deal with it I guess it’s definitely 100% better than your LDR so your my inspiration xxx

Thanks Irene.

I've always been the same where I always assume people are lying. I think that they probably look at me and see how fat I am and so that their expression doesnt offend me, they say 'oh have you lost weight?'
I know its not always the case but its hard to think positive but I'm sure it will come in time. xxx

Yip same babe people used to say are you ok so your thin and I couldn’t see it at all xxx

Brilliant sweets so happy for you xx. Well day three I get hungry but then just gotta deal with it I guess it’s definitely 100% better than your LDR so your my inspiration xxx

Yeah yours seems pretty generous but obviously will be no where near easy.
Day 3 was the worst for me, but then when I woke up on day 4, I was a different person, so just get through today and you will fly.
Your brain panics at first thinking youre starving it so sends you all the signals at once to force you to eat. When it realises that you're not listening, it will give in, like a naughty child :p

Yeah yours seems pretty generous but obviously will be no where near easy.
Day 3 was the worst for me, but then when I woke up on day 4, I was a different person, so just get through today and you will fly.
Your brain panics at first thinking youre starving it so sends you all the signals at once to force you to eat. When it realises that you're not listening, it will give in, like a naughty child :p

Like your thinking but think mine are “children” as in triplets hehehe xxx just counting them days down xxx

Like your thinking but think mine are “children” as in triplets hehehe xxx just counting them days down xxx
Haha oh dear, naughty triplets!

It will be here before you know it. It will be absolutely fine, I was a mess before my operation, they couldn't calm me down and then the second the anaesthetic went in, and I knew the hardest part was over, it was fine. You're probably going to have a couple of days of regret, but keep the goal in mind and remember that there is no down sides to improving your life. :) xx

Haha oh dear, naughty triplets!

It will be here before you know it. It will be absolutely fine, I was a mess before my operation, they couldn't calm me down and then the second the anaesthetic went in, and I knew the hardest part was over, it was fine. You're probably going to have a couple of days of regret, but keep the goal in mind and remember that there is no down sides to improving your life. :) xx

Funny really the surgery doesn’t worry me had plenty of them looking I’m forward to a 3/4 hour kip lol never get that :) won’t regret I don’t think new life xxxx

Back