• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey....

You know, the few friends I have told look at me every time I see them as though they're expecting me to be a twig by now.

I tell them that this is going to take a long time, and I do believe that. The difference is that this time the weight will stay off for good.

You are doing very well Val, but it could be four or five fills or more before you reach restriction. Don't worry, it will be all worth it in the long term.

Oh, and I hope you don't get a cold! Are you getting ill in sympathy with me? ;)

Hi Hun
Your so right people do think its going to drop of us don't they :)

and I don't mind waiting until forth or so fill its just a tad hard at the moment dealing with the hunger :/

Weighed in again today lost another 2 pounds...
so now I am 21.10 Im really pleased :)

However have just been helping my nephew move into his new house and had to be taken home as I almost passed out..
Have to say I know Im hungry but whenever Im on any type of diet I never really feel well..I think my body has gotton used to being big..feel really lethargic and quite weak..any tips anyone :/ :wave_cry:

I would say try to get as much protein in as you possibly can, maybe have a protein shake?

Thank you Kirstie..I did buy the shakes as you told me about sadly too much like slimfast etc..I still cannot even face that..But I also know I have got to suck it up and have things that are good for me..How are you doing Hun xxxx

Have you tried protein chocolate bars? Atkins do some nice ones, also helps with my chocolate fix, I struggle with the taste of the protein shakes too yak !

Thank you Kirstie..I did buy the shakes as you told me about sadly too much like slimfast etc..I still cannot even face that..But I also know I have got to suck it up and have things that are good for me..How are you doing Hun xxxx

I'm doin alright! I feel a lot better now I'm back on soft but I've noticed my portions are creeping up! I made a slow cooker stew like u suggested it was lush x

I'm doin alright! I feel a lot better now I'm back on soft but I've noticed my portions are creeping up! I made a slow cooker stew like u suggested it was lush x

Snap I just ate mine too :)

Have you tried protein chocolate bars? Atkins do some nice ones, also helps with my chocolate fix, I struggle with the taste of the protein shakes too yak !

Oh No I haven't heard of them..I presume you get then from Holland and Barratt etc:)

Well almost over my 2 weeks pf soft food, I am struggling at the moment I want some salad and crunchy food so badly
Have to admit I had a minute bowl of Special K this morning instead of runny porridge, I hope it will be OK as I don't start normal food for a few more days yet
Well its done so no point dwelling on it

Well almost over my 2 weeks pf soft food, I am struggling at the moment I want some salad and crunchy food so badly Have to admit I had a minute bowl of Special K this morning instead of runny porridge, I hope it will be OK as I don't start normal food for a few more days yet Well its done so no point dwelling on it

So long as it went down fine I don't think there would be too much to worry about! I can't wait for Monday proper food, although I sort of feel like I'm already eating it! I'm havin Brie and beet root n stuff x

So long as it went down fine I don't think there would be too much to worry about! I can't wait for Monday proper food, although I sort of feel like I'm already eating it! I'm havin Brie and beet root n stuff x

OMG Brie and beetroot...what I wouldn't do for that....
I did have inside of Jacket potato today with tuna and feel a lot brighter Just cant get over the permanent munchies and fancying food..weird thing its all healthy stuff I want..a roast dinner lots of veg and giant crunchy salad yummy...Oh my mouth is watering, lol:8855:

Congrats on the loss Val!

Cant believe you are nearly finished with softs, it soon passes (yay!) & like you I was longing for some crunch & salad. I'm still scoffing it by the boatload 2 weeks later lol

Hope you have a nice weekend :)

Oh No I haven't heard of them..I presume you get then from Holland and Barratt etc:)

You can get them in boots asda tesco's - really nice no yakki after taste either x

Congrats on the loss Val!

Cant believe you are nearly finished with softs, it soon passes (yay!) & like you I was longing for some crunch & salad. I'm still scoffing it by the boatload 2 weeks later lol

Hope you have a nice weekend :)

Hi Hun
I think I might start normals on Monday a couple of days early...
I almost passed out yesterday and I am really starting to feel light headed and unwell..
I think if I'm really careful and chew correctly, I don't think it will be a problem:confused:

I don't feel I have much restriction and my scars have all healed really well, I don't have a fill until the 12th Nov so its a long time away..
I need to eat some fresh foods, Im screaming out for salad and other foods rather than sloppy foods..
I know its only a couple of days,
What do you think???

Wow you've lost over 2 and a half stone already, that's amazing Val!

EDIT: Just seen the bit about feeling light-headed etc, that's not good - you need food hun.

Give your a provider a call tomorrow and see if there's anything they can recommend you eat. You need some carbs.

Last edited:
Minn, u must follow your hosts needs. Listen to what it is telling u. If u are feeling ill because of not esting enough then this is not how it should be. Guidelines are just that...a guide, not set in stone!xx

I hate predictive txt! Host -body!

Hi Hun
I think I might start normals on Monday a couple of days early...
I almost passed out yesterday and I am really starting to feel light headed and unwell..
I think if I'm really careful and chew correctly, I don't think it will be a problem:confused:

I don't feel I have much restriction and my scars have all healed really well, I don't have a fill until the 12th Nov so its a long time away..
I need to eat some fresh foods, Im screaming out for salad and other foods rather than sloppy foods..
I know its only a couple of days,
What do you think???

Its a tough question Val... I sympathise because I felt very similar, not nice xx but I hesitate to say go for it because it is so different for each of us. The advice I had was that although we may seem all healed and ok on the outside we cant see the swelling or stitches inside and it is this we have to be protective of, maybe phone your providers dietician and ask? if youre feeling unwell they will want to help :)

Whatever you decide, I do hope you feel better soon, Youve done so well to come this far without proper food & if you can hold off its just 48 hours really...

Ooh! just remembered, one thing I did which helped was a tab of Berocca on the days I felt really woozy & it did help me feel less shaky xx

Back