• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Post OP (Band) Journey 2014 onwards

Hahahaha maybe!!! For Scotland best driving xx

Went over to PcWorld at Finneston yesterday. We had just parked up to go into the store and this old dear came into the car park.. Oh my .. she went over a raised curb section, more or less scraped her Audi estate along it the full length of the car and then over the other side with a crash. Massive scrapes on the the curb stones but she just got out as if nothing happened and walked off. :8855: she must have been 80 if she was a day and some GP has said she is fit to drive. Reminds me of my MIL who is nearly 89 and still driving.. And not safely.

So yes Sharon. I imagine you are way better than that lol. :D

Went over to PcWorld at Finneston yesterday. We had just parked up to go into the store and this old dear came into the car park.. Oh my .. she went over a raised curb section, more or less scraped her Audi estate along it the full length of the car and then over the other side with a crash. Massive scrapes on the the curb stones but she just got out as if nothing happened and walked off. :8855: she must have been 80 if she was a day and some GP has said she is fit to drive. Reminds me of my MIL who is nearly 89 and still driving.. And not safely.

So yes Sharon. I imagine you are way better than that lol. :D

Lol that car park isnt the best but certainly doesnt mix with drivers who might be ready for a taxi lol!!! my neighbour is in her 80s and was still driving...till she bumped a wall visiting a friend at hospital...she now takes a taxi as the family wont let her drive!! :)

The lesson went ok actually...apart from a lovely person on a motorbike who waited then decided to pull out in front of me at a junction...i would have loved to have caught up with him....i was doing 50 at the limit and he was nowhere in sight....no wonder there are so many accidents lol!!!

x
http://www.wlsurgery.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Lol that car park isnt the best but certainly doesnt mix with drivers who might be ready for a taxi lol!!! my neighbour is in her 80s and was still driving...till she bumped a wall visiting a friend at hospital...she now takes a taxi as the family wont let her drive!! :) The lesson went ok actually...apart from a lovely person on a motorbike who waited then decided to pull out in front of me at a junction...i would have loved to have caught up with him....i was doing 50 at the limit and he was nowhere in sight....no wonder there are so many accidents lol!!! x http://www.wlsurgery.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

There is a family battle going on here trying go get my MIL to use taxis. She can afford it but I think it is a generational issue, why would you use a taxi when there is a perfectly good car outside? To me she is dangerous, she just had her cataracts done but she was driving right before her op when she couldn't see :eek: and the optician and GP have passed her fit. Very worrying.

Plus there is the fact she does not accept she is old. Lol.

There is a family battle going on here trying go get my MIL to use taxis. She can afford it but I think it is a generational issue, why would you use a taxi when there is a perfectly good car outside? To me she is dangerous, she just had her cataracts done but she was driving right before her op when she couldn't see :eek: and the optician and GP have passed her fit. Very worrying. Plus there is the fact she does not accept she is old. Lol.

Oh i think it must be a generation thing, my grandpa is like that although he just gave up driving and walks everywhere, at 86! Fitter than some!!

I thought once drivers got to a certain age they had to get a letter from their docs?? Xx

Oh i think it must be a generation thing, my grandpa is like that although he just gave up driving and walks everywhere, at 86! Fitter than some!! I thought once drivers got to a certain age they had to get a letter from their docs?? Xx

No. They have to reapply for a licence every 3 years but they self declare. It's only because my MIL had various ops that her GP / Optician told her when she was again fit to drive. My parents have both passed now, bless em, but my dad was not fit to drive for a number of years, he still wanted to though and it was a real struggle to stop him. Last time he drove he actually pulled out of a car park and hit a police car. Lol.

No. They have to reapply for a licence every 3 years but they self declare. It's only because my MIL had various ops that her GP / Optician told her when she was again fit to drive. My parents have both passed now, bless em, but my dad was not fit to drive for a number of years, he still wanted to though and it was a real struggle to stop him. Last time he drove he actually pulled out of a car park and hit a police car. Lol.
Ah right I see! Aw bless him I bet he got a fright! Xx

Oh I went out in my car with my dad today...just to the shop and my mums and he is a terrible backseat driver...he even tried to change my gear for me! Nightmare, I drive ok and told him when I pass he isn't getting in the car with me lol xxx

Ha Ha, least you have broad shoulders Sharon to take all the flack lol.

Weight will soon come off you the way you are going

Have a good weekend xx

Well ladies.... I'm happy to announce that I'm now a legal driver!!! Passed my test and soo pleased! All that stress and it was over so quickly!!!! Xxx Now new job, car and just need to focus and get to target! No more excuses as I will have. For time for exercise xx

Fantastic Well Done !!!!!!!!!!

Back