• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My pre op diet

Tray3004 said:
Ur doin great hun well dun :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you very much :) how are you doing? Xxx

Fuffs said:
Thank you very much :) how are you doing? Xxx

All gud ty Hun only lost a couple of lbs this wk don't think my body likes starving lol :) went for my final preop checks yesterday all was well they were pleased wiv my weight loss so all set for tues :) xx

Tray3004 said:
All gud ty Hun only lost a couple of lbs this wk don't think my body likes starving lol :) went for my final preop checks yesterday all was well they were pleased wiv my weight loss so all set for tues :) xx

Woohoo!! What's your overriding emotion/s at the moment?

And I think my body won't let go of much this week either. Starving is essentially what I am doing also lol. Just glad I don't feel like I am starving lol

Woohoo!! What's your overriding emotion/s at the moment?

And I think my body won't let go of much this week either. Starving is essentially what I am doing also lol. Just glad I don't feel like I am starving lol

Stop saying/thinking 'starving' you are fasting in preparation, in training if you like, for a very important event.

I know that there aren't many pre-oppers on here who've ever really 'done' the whole physically challenging sports thing, I know I haven't, not since I was in school!

But now we are, endurance and determination are the things we need to learn to do, we need to drop from our mind set the 'old' way of thinking and start to look at things anew.

Fuffs, what you are doing now is laying down the ground work for your future, you'll be challenged and tested, but you'll get through them :), all the tests, the appointments, the poking and prodding, the needles and talks, the measuring and weighing, the go here, be there, it was all the early tests and trials, now you're on the last leg.

Not 'starving' training and succeeding, that's you... a success story to look up to!

You go!

civvygit said:
Stop saying/thinking 'starving' you are fasting in preparation, in training if you like, for a very important event.

I know that there aren't many pre-oppers on here who've ever really 'done' the whole physically challenging sports thing, I know I haven't, not since I was in school!

But now we are, endurance and determination are the things we need to learn to do, we need to drop from our mind set the 'old' way of thinking and start to look at things anew.

Fuffs, what you are doing now is laying down the ground work for your future, you'll be challenged and tested, but you'll get through them :), all the tests, the appointments, the poking and prodding, the needles and talks, the measuring and weighing, the go here, be there, it was all the early tests and trials, now you're on the last leg.

Not 'starving' training and succeeding, that's you... a success story to look up to!

You go!

Honestly, I simply used it as a word. I feel fine and have been changing my mindset for months now. It was simply a statement.

But a couple of shakes and powdered soup is like starvation. But due to it being nutritionally complete and inducing ketosis I am not starving.

I am honestly mentally preparing for making my bypass my best friend :)

Thank you for your encouraging words though :)

Honestly, I simply used it as a word. I feel fine and have been changing my mindset for months now. It was simply a statement.

But a couple of shakes and powdered soup is like starvation. But due to it being nutritionally complete and inducing ketosis I am not starving.

I am honestly mentally preparing for making my bypass my best friend :)

Thank you for your encouraging words though :)

I feel like part of your cheering section! :)

It's amazing to finally be able to see you heading on the path before me...... I can't WAIT!!!!!!!!

civvygit said:
I feel like part of your cheering section! :)

It's amazing to finally be able to see you heading on the path before me...... I can't WAIT!!!!!!!!

You are so sweet and a great cheerleader. Can't wait to be yours when you hit the home straight.

Thank you do much

Just about to try a dietimeal mrp vanilla shake warmed up. Gonna put some decaf coffee in it. Fingers crossed it is nice :)

Well the milkshake as a latte was lurvly :)

For dinner I had a mrp vlcd 'cottage pie'. I have actually grown to like it quite a lot.

I have ordered another box of them and ordered to boxes of chilli ones. They seem to have good reviews on some sites.

Taking one day at a time makes this journey a lot easier than if I kept thinking 'OMG, three weeks looming ahead of me'

Thank you for everyone support on here :) You are all fab xxx

This is the start of day 9 of my pre op diet. I weighed this morning (I am at my partners house, so my other set of scales, which I now know the difference with my own. And I have lost another 4lbs!!!! I am so happy :D

So thats 1st 2lbs since last friday :) Which now puts me at 21st 9lbs. Getting ever further from my once top weight of just under 27st :) Feels good!!

Still very focused with pre op diet. Weekends are a little harder, as I am not on the go as much. However, my plan is to up my water and other liquids today.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, I will check in again later :D

Today has been:

Breakfast: mrp shake
Lunch: the nastiest meal replacement bar ever (I bought it as I was out all day) an Atkins Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch Bar (bluuurgh)
Dinner: Probably my new found love 'Cottage pie' mrp

I am still finding it easy enough.

I have had a strange craving for........brocolli!!!lol...Of all things. I would love some soooo much right now lol

Sugar free flavoured water and tea (including peppermint) are my bestfriends right now.

So still no hiccups. Seeing my surgeon again monday, so there will remain no hiccups :)

Well today I am feeling focused still. Wasnt well last night. I was sick after my 'cottage pie' so went to bed. Feel a bit listless today. But will still stick to my diet.

Had a dream my bf caught me trying to eat a mouthful of salad lol. I was so distressed in my dream! I was like 'I know it's not allowed but it's only salad!' lol

So it seems instead of craving bad stuff, I crave broccoli and salad. Long may it continue I say lol x

Thank you very much :) xxx

So, today I have only had a banana shake not long ago. Finally feeling a little better.

Just done my son and my partner steak pie, oven roasted stuffing, yorkshires etc for dinner. Didn't feel up to doing a full on dinner. I know my partner would have done it. But he has already been running around all morning.

Making dinners and being around food is not so bad now as it did a few days ago. I think my mind is so set on getting this pre op right, I don't worry as much. Its a cool place to be.

Hope everyone else on pre op diets are coping well too :D

Well when I spoke to the surgeon today he mentioned being able to have an evening meal with my VLCD packs, like Cambridge 810 I think it's called.

So....I added broccoli to my VLCD veg soup and it was yummmmmy! Just divine!! Just so sad it's come to me gushing over broccoli lol

I was 4-5lbs up this morning :(

That would take around 20,000 excess calories to gain that much as real weight.

So it must be water weight. I am very upset about it. I drank lots yesterday. Not sure what to do now. May switch to one of the other pre ip diet options on the sheet.

Feel like crying :(

Oh poor you hun! Maybe its just your body adjusting? Keep getting the fluids in and I'm sure it will settle down. Big hugs x

newcy said:
Oh poor you hun! Maybe its just your body adjusting? Keep getting the fluids in and I'm sure it will settle down. Big hugs x

Thanks Newcy :) I had a 6 hour busy gap with no eating yesterday. Yve and I worked out that may have been the problem. Gonna up water more today.

Just before I left out my parcel with 'cottage pie' and 'chilli' VLCD mrp packs turned up. So will stick with VLCD for now and switch to portion and carb controlled for the weekend :) I like how Heartlands gives 5 options. Feels less restrictive :)

I was busy and out the house all day again :(

Tomorrow will be different though. Still sticking to pre op without cheating.

Kept my fluids up all day though.

Feeling positive about keeping going on my pre op diet.

I put curry flavouring in my 'chilli' mrp last night. It was yummy with some brocolli :)

I feel much happier now I have the chilli packs to eat some nights :)

Back