• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My pre op diet

sounds like you are coping well hunni , stick at it , the end is not far off now xx

daisydaye said:
sounds good fuffs. I start mine today so here goes.

Emma xx

Thank you :) and good luck to you Daisy. Which one are you doing and when is your op?

Thank you Cheryl :D it's scarily exciting! How are you? Xxx

Thank you :) and good luck to you Daisy. Which one are you doing and when is your op?

Thank you Cheryl :D it's scarily exciting! How are you? Xxx

i'm doing really well thanks Sophie xx

pandora said:
i'm doing really well thanks Sophie xx

Very glad to hear it :D

Well, today has been a Cambridge fruits of the forest shake for breakfast and a VLCD veg soup for lunch.
Min between has been cups of tea and herbal tea.

Feeling positive and happy :)

I have lost 18lbs in two weeks. Would be more if not for the VLCD causing water retention and making my totm start 9 days after one finished :(

So switching to portion controlled low cal and carb option today. See how that goes :)

Breakfast: 1poached egg and 2 tbsp chopped tomato

I am cooking a large batch of chicken curry with chopped tomato as the base. No added oil at all. Will portion it into trays and freeze batches. I will then add some fresh veg when I have some.

Fingers crossed the change works :)

I seem to have kept it very low cal and low carb, as I only had a small side plate for lunch with some veg. And am not hungry. But better than on the VLCD, my mood has been good, no lightheadedness and can think straight. I am a very happy camper.

Just hoping it doesn't cause a weight gain, and instead get rid of the nasty water retention

Glad to hear you are doing well hunni , hopefully by keeping it low carb you won't gain glycogen weight xx

pandora said:
Glad to hear you are doing well hunni , hopefully by keeping it low carb you won't gain glycogen weight xx

I am hoping that too. Following the rules of Heartlands portion controlled pre op diet option. There are 5 and this seems the best for me after the VLCD option. I will use a ketostick in the morning to check I am still in ketosis :)

Ur doin great hun well dun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Tray3004 said:
Ur doin great hun well dun x

Thank you very much Tray :D How are you doing? Xxx

Well my change to the portion controlled hasn't made me gain any weight :D And my ketostix showed I am still deeply in ketosis. So I will simply carry on as I an for now and see how I go :D

That's great Sophie xx

Hey Fuffs, it's been good to read and catch up on your journey, glad to read you're doing so well.

I went off to Glasgow to visit and ended up having to stay longer due to a family thing (families!)

You're sounding so upbeat and positive, well done you!

(still bloody green with envy though! :))

x

Nothing to be envious of today :(

My friend gave me a hand and foot massage yesterday. Today couldn't get my shoes on, my feet and ankles hurt, my hands feel like they have been stamped on, I am 1lb heavier and my pre op assessment is tomorrow :(

I could cry!!

I have taken herbal water tablets, ibuprofen and drinking green and peppermint tea to try and shift the water. I am really down about it all :(

Just show them your hands and feet and they'll assess the oedema. Mx

civvygit said:
Just show them your hands and feet and they'll assess the oedema. Mx

It's much improved tonight :D been following advice on here and on fb and I am doing much better.

Had herbal water tablets, been drinking green, peppermint a d nettle tea, water, watered down cranberry juice, used my foot spa, ibuprofen and now lying down with my feet elevated. Also did a massage on my hands and feet towards the direction of my heart. Feeling positive and physically much better now :) x

Eating the low carb, portion controlled way is easy enough and not hungry as I didn't let myself come out of ketosis :)

So happy days :)

I am switching to the Heartlands option 5 diet for my last week of pre op. Spoke to the bariatric dietician today. Doing the milk and yoghurt diet from tomorrow. Then I will be 100% confident my liver is at its best. Wish me luck :D

Fuffs said:
Thank you very much Tray :D How are you doing? Xxx

I'm doin great ty hun never hungry only managing a couple of spoons food but it's defo best thing I've ever dun I love my sleeve :) xx

Back