• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

Are you an emotional eater? It might just be the way your body is showing you its nervous? Not long now!! So exciting :D

I don't really know if i'm an emotional eater or not... mostly because i just used to eat all the time anyway. haha I suppose i could be? I don't know... i feel okay again today though so that's good. Still don't consciously feel nervous and i started packing my bag today :D

Yay for bag packing hunny xxx so near xxx

Are you going to do a what's in your surgery bag post? I'm just super curious about about what people find useful to have in the hospital.

Are you going to do a what's in your surgery bag post? I'm just super curious about about what people find useful to have in the hospital.
The one thing I most regret not packing ...was fan! ( battery or electric)
I was so hot in hospital (their heating was on high all the time...it was Sept!)
In hindsight ...i could of asked for a fan....but was so drained, And ...the staff was super busy....that i never got around to asking for one.

Toni :rainbow:

So i was supposed to be having my surgery today but found out on Monday that the private hospital had mixed up my dates.
They hadn't confirmed with me so the closer it got the more worried i was. So i called my NHS hospital on Friday and was told that they would contact the Spire Parkway and get them to call me. I waited all day for a call and didn't get one. So first thing Monday morning i called them and they told me that they did have me on their surgery schedule but that my surgery wasn't booked until the 12th of March.
As you can all probably imagine i was devastated. So i called my NHS hospital and the only woman i could speak to wasn't at work that day at all. I finally got in touch with her yesterday when she told me that i wasn't going to get my surgery today as planned but she was really nice and really angry about the miscommunication and said that there was no way i'm going to have to wait until March and that she was going to do everything she could to still get me my surgery before the end of January like she promised.
She told me that she'd been trying to sort something out for me all morning and that she had emailed a few surgeons and was just waiting to hear back from them.
An hour or so later she called back and said i have another date for January 29th which will be great if it happens but i'm not going to get my hopes up and won't believe its going to happen until i wake up from my surgery. Right now i'm waiting for confirmation again from Spire Parkway and i'll see how i feel when i get that...

Aw Victoria that’s awful how on earth can they let that happen and that’s the second time for you too, I assume that means you hav3 to stay on the milk diet too, how many weeks will that be in total, I’m so sorry for you I can only image how fed up you must be feeling. Big hugs to you :hugs: xxx

So i was supposed to be having my surgery today but found out on Monday that the private hospital had mixed up my dates.
They hadn't confirmed with me so the closer it got the more worried i was. So i called my NHS hospital on Friday and was told that they would contact the Spire Parkway and get them to call me. I waited all day for a call and didn't get one. So first thing Monday morning i called them and they told me that they did have me on their surgery schedule but that my surgery wasn't booked until the 12th of March.
As you can all probably imagine i was devastated. So i called my NHS hospital and the only woman i could speak to wasn't at work that day at all. I finally got in touch with her yesterday when she told me that i wasn't going to get my surgery today as planned but she was really nice and really angry about the miscommunication and said that there was no way i'm going to have to wait until March and that she was going to do everything she could to still get me my surgery before the end of January like she promised.
She told me that she'd been trying to sort something out for me all morning and that she had emailed a few surgeons and was just waiting to hear back from them.
An hour or so later she called back and said i have another date for January 29th which will be great if it happens but i'm not going to get my hopes up and won't believe its going to happen until i wake up from my surgery. Right now i'm waiting for confirmation again from Spire Parkway and i'll see how i feel when i get that...
So very sorry Victoria but hope it goes ahead on Monday xx

Noooo
Can’t even imagine how you are feeling!
No words will help but I am thinking of you.
:0clapper:Well done to the lady that helped you.
Fingers crossed that this new date goes ahead :hugs:

Oh no Victoria! That's horrible news. I'm glad that the nurse fought for you and got the new date so close.

Awww no @_Victoria_

It's so annoying that they have done this again to you :rant:

All this time on the LSD too!

You will get on that op table eventually!
Try and stay positive...easier said than done though.. I suppose.

Big cyber hug :hugs:

Toni :rainbow:

Oh no! I'm so very sorry @_Victoria_ ! This is one aspect of the NHS that really does irk me. Communication between different sections/departments/hospitals is pretty rubbish at times. Heck, it can be pretty crap in a single department, never mind the whole network! I will keep everything crossed for you for the 29th!

That’s shocking! Hope all goes well for the 29th xx

Thanks everyone :hugs:It was definitely a really hard, emotional time for me but i'm on the other side of it now and i got my confirmation letter for the 29th of this month. So hopefully it all goes ahead as planned. I have a question for the ladies though (boys look away please!) I'm due to suffer the monthly curse starting the 28th. Will i still be okay to have surgery with that? Sorry if that's a dumb question it's just something I'm a little worried about.

Thanks everyone :hugs:It was definitely a really hard, emotional time for me but i'm on the other side of it now and i got my confirmation letter for the 29th of this month. So hopefully it all goes ahead as planned. I have a question for the ladies though (boys look away please!) I'm due to suffer the monthly curse starting the 28th. Will i still be okay to have surgery with that? Sorry if that's a dumb question it's just something I'm a little worried about.
Yes, you can still have surgery. However, paper knickers and sanitary towels are not great together. When I had my band fitted, this happened to me. I wasn’t allowed to wear a tampon and they gave me their pads that were like a brick. Luckily, my flow wasn’t too bad (sorry TMI). I think when you’re lying down and your body is in shock it halts it a bit. The difficult part is getting out of bed to change it/visit the loo in the first 24 hours.

Thank you @Missyme!! It hasn't come yet and i'm hoping it doesn't but knowing my luck it probably still will haha. I was told by the lady that i was supposed to have surgery on the same day as that they let you wear your own underwear if they're cotton so i'm hoping they will let me do that too. And i'll take my own pads just in case.. avoid the bricks!! Will they let you wear your own pads do you think?

Good luck for tomorrow. If you get a chance update us to let us know that its going ahead. :hugs:

Thank you @Missyme!! It hasn't come yet and i'm hoping it doesn't but knowing my luck it probably still will haha. I was told by the lady that i was supposed to have surgery on the same day as that they let you wear your own underwear if they're cotton so i'm hoping they will let me do that too. And i'll take my own pads just in case.. avoid the bricks!! Will they let you wear your own pads do you think?
Hi, I’m sure you can wear your own. I had my own but as they were the slim type, I didn’t feel safe enough with the paper knickers. They wouldn’t let me wear my own cotton knickers so I opted for the brick as it felt safer with the paper ones. Good luck ... see you on the losers bench soon xx

Back