• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Tummy Tuck journey

Hi Mandy,

Firstly let me say congrats on your journey so far.

I'm 5 weeks post op from my tummy tuck. I haven't had the stinging/tingling feeling you've been describing but I did get a seroma (fluid build up). I've kept a couple of diaries on here called "Save My Marriage" and "Em's Tummy Tuck" if you fancy a read.

I'm healing well and I can see a difference... However, at the moment it's not to the extent I had hoped. I still have the same shape as pre-op (although not as bad) and I know it's partly because they didn't do what they said they were going to, but also I'm not sure if I'm still swollen

I'm going back for my follow up tomorrow and I'm going to talk about the possibility of further work being done.

As for the tight compression garments, I remember the Nurse saying at my seminar that you should wear the correct size that you are and not one that's a size or two smaller because you need to allow for swelling. If it's not comfortable then personally I'd re-think it but it's completely up to you.

Also, at my hospital I didn't get given a binder. We were told to supply our own support garment underwear from the start and I was put into it the day after surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Last edited:
Sorry I have not posted, things are not going to good for me right now...not with my TT thats good, but it seems my relationship is going where my excess skin went :( My partner it seems prefers to sit round friends houses and some girls house rather then be home with me??? I know I sound bitter with that comment and I am.....sorry for dumping my $hit in here, I have no-one I can talk to about this.

Mandy x

Hi everyone....sorry I have been quiet for a few days, just took some time to sort things out. My tummy is doing good, been very swollen today but it changes daily and still not been able to fit into my old clothes despite looking smaller? Been very tired today...going for my b12 tomorrow morning so hopefully that will sort things out for me.
Hope everyone is ok here and sorry about my message the other day, just getting myself all worked up and stressed.

Mandy x

Hi Mandy

Hope your okay and we are all here for you if you fancy a chat, hugs xxx

Hi hope things start to feel better soon. hugs xxx

Hi everyone and thank you for your kind words x

So today is the 2 week mark, had my B12 this morning and the nurse looked at my incision site and said it looks amazing. She said the swelling is normal and will take 4-6 months, and that I should pull right in.....wish I could sleep for the next 6 months :) lol

Have stopped wearing the binder as my control underwear pull me in more then that does, going back to see the PS on the 20th July so will see the nurse and get a smaller one made.

Other then that i am doing ok, just looking forward to my B12 kicking in so I can stopped feeling so drained :)

Mandy x

woohoo glad your feeling better and that the tummy is looking to be on the good side.. i bet your pleased x

mine is in 13 days .. im very nervous now but on the good side ive had a lot of time to work out and relax (im off work on holiday lol).. so ive lost a firther 2lbs... im hoping to loose just 2 more pounds in the last 13 days as that will help my bmi be healthier at the mo its something like 24.3 i want it to be 24 ... x

Hi Mandy

Glad to read that your tummy is looking good and hope that your B12 has helped you feel better in yourself.

Pinks, please be careful trying to lose more weight now.. It's more important to have all your nutrients and strength for healing so please don't overdo it! Good luck with your op.

Debs xxx

I think youre so brave having a TT, like i said before it is something I Dont know if I will have the courage to do myself.

As for your oh, i can COMEPLTELY understand you feeling bitter.
My husband and I split up over a yeara go, after living apart for 18 months.In that time he took me and the kids nowhere, but was always off out with "friends" going kyting, fishing etc
I even asked why he had friends the kids and i didnt know and why he took us nowhere.
Found out last jan it wasnt "friends" but one in particular who he then proceeded to move in with him whilst i was in hospital for a week last year (after an overdose when i found out he was seeing someone else) _yup, what a nice man eh!

Youre going to feel bitter etc, but I am sure there are others here too who have had similar experiences, and who will also be willing to chat to you etc.

Feel free to drop me a pm etc if youre ever feeling down etc, always willing to chat

Hello all,

I am now day 16, have had a busy weekend so far and I know I have over done it....been using the stomach muscles too much! But it had to be done, got a call from my ex husband telling me the children's great grandfather died Friday morning and that he is flying over to America for the funeral and that he wanted to take the children, which is fine...just meant a whole lot for me to get done in 2 days. Anyway, got most of it done and even had time spare to run the strimmer over the garden (sick of the cat hiding in the grass) So the kids are off tomorrow and it will be just me, my young one and her dad (when he is awake or in the house) On a good note, at least I will be spared teenage arguing for 10 days :)

B12 is working, got 4 hours of sleep last night and only needed a power nap this afternoon so happy about that.

I also wanted to add for those of you that have concerns about driving....I have been doing this since day 5, I know your not meant too but if like me you have young ones to get to school then it has to be done, I just drove around town for the first week and now I am able to do the school run with ease. Walking causes me to swell alot, so I do try and keep this to a minimum, have reduced wearing my binder for night times only as it is not very tight now and my high waist compression underwear are tighter and more supportive in the day times.

Going to bed now, thanks to everyone for your kind words and support, it means alot to know people care....even if I have never met you.

Mandy x

Hi Mandy reading your forum gives me hope. Can't wait for my funding to start my new life.

All of the best with the new you. New to the sight can't wait to pass my 50 posts to view u before and after.

Regards.
Amanda

hey mandy how you doing today ?.. my surgery is coming around fast now... just 9 days until i go in hospital (all being well with the urine sample)...

and we would love to see more pics if you can x

heyyyy chick how are you doin? xxx

Hello, I'm doing ok....my oh house got burgled so been busy trying to sort things out. Got a letter from my PS to say my PO appt has changed from july 20th to Aug 17th which is a bummer cos I wanted to take the children swimming. Anyone know when swimming is safe? Not long to go for you now hun, keep posting and letting us know how things are with you, bet your really excited! :)

Mandy x

Hope ur feeling much better now ;)

Hello,

I am coming up for 5 weeks post op on Thursday, seems alot of the swelling above my belly button has gone which is great, still quite swollen below it but that due to the scar. Have gained a little weight as I have not been able to do any exercise so looking forward to getting on to that.

All in all things have been ok, I am not in any pain anymore...sometimes I have a little discomfort when I walk too much and my scar line starts swelling alot but thats about it.

I will update the photos soon, I keep meaning to do it and then forget :(

Just want to say a HUGE!!! Congratulations to Kiira on her TT!!!!

Will update again soon.

Mandy x

Back