• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Sleever from London

Hi,
Yes I stopped buying nuts. Craving them like crazy.
When I say stats, I mean the "start weight, current weight" we put on our profile. Look under the picture of my dog... when you update your current weight, it does say how much you lost so far. Mine is 39pounds so far.

Oh those dresses, they have been in my wardrobe for the last 8-9 years...even more xx

Hi, Yes I stopped buying nuts. Craving them like crazy. When I say stats, I mean the "start weight, current weight" we put on our profile. Look under the picture of my dog... when you update your current weight, it does say how much you lost so far. Mine is 39pounds so far. Oh those dresses, they have been in my wardrobe for the last 8-9 years...even more xx

Hey Tules,

I can't wait to see this dress!!! What size is it??
Can't believe you've had those dresses for 8-9 years at least!! Hopefully not too long before you can make the most of them again!!!

My weight loss has been 40lbs so far so we are virtually neck & neck and we pretty much exactly started at the same time!! Awesome!

I can't seem to get those stats. When I check on someone's profile, just says whether they like to post and any surgiversaries. Think it may not work on hand held devices?!

Anyway, glad you've stopped buying nuts!!!

I've started to get cravings for chocolates and junk food again!!!! HELP!!!!!
Having a real nightmare with the builder and may need to take legal action. :-(
Think the stress of it all is making me think about wanting all the bad foods I used to turn to before as my coping mechanism!!!!

Good luck with your weigh in over the weekend and have a lovely weekend xx

Hi Rinata,
I posted a photo of me in the February 2015 thread. There are pictures of others from our operation time, check it out and post yours :)

yes I find that stress and tiredness really gets me crave carbs. I am sorry you are having such a big problem with the builder. I just can't understand why people cannot do what they are supposed to do properly? Good luck sorting that out.

In the mean time, get your anger by walking or punching a pillow :)

Hello lovely people,

Hope all is well and apologies for not being in touch over the last few weeks. I've finally managed to resolve the builder drama, have been painting and decorating, volunteering with day trips for the elderly and been away to Provence. Been very busy and can't believe where the time has gone over the last few weeks.

My weight loss has slowed down and am averaging about 1lb a week over the last 3-4 weeks. I'm not overly worried at the mo. As I have a family wedding coming up, I'm increasing my exercise and keep fit so hopefully that will kick start a bigger weight loss in time for the wedding at the end of August.

My biggest concern is the dreaded hair loss that my surgeon warned me about pre op. It's coming out so often in clumps now which is extremely worrying. All the seniors out there who have had this problem.... Does the hair loss cycle reverse after some time?
Any suggestions or advice would be most welcome. I really am not ready to look like Sinead O Connor when she was in her prime!!!
I've had blood tests done and there is nothing else abnormal in line with my major hair loss which is a huge relief.

On the positive side, my NSV's are:-

My weight is now in double digits (kilos) rather than have 3 digits!!!!
More friends have started noticing my weight loss and transformation
My bath towel covers ALL of my modesty now!!
Went on another flight and that seat belt fit me too. I even found the end so I could tighten it!!!
I did a workout with a fitness freak and managed to stay in time with her without turning blue or passing out!!
I've had a very small bar of dark chocolate which has lasted my 3 weeks!!!!... I was even thinking it might even have gone off as I've never kept a bar for so long in the past!!!
I bought a new pair of jeans TWO sizes smaller than my last few purchases.... (I no longer have to look at the back of the rack to find my size!!)

Anyway folks, have a great weekend and don't let this horrible rain dampen your spirits

Xx

:eek::eek:Oh great to have you back. Was worried when you did not post.
Glad the building work is finished and excellent news on weight loss.
My weight loss slowed down too, but like you people started to notice it more lately.
And my hair is coming off now. Very worried too but am aware this is temporary. We just have to bear it for a while, it will grow back but in the mean time.... boo hooooo

I'm 55. My hair was awful but I have loads of baby fuzz all over which is about an inch and a half now

Well done on the NSVs

Great NSVs Rinata! My hair came out fairly scarily just like after I had my children but like Kirsty I now have lots of new growth coming through and the loss (of hair) is slowing down. I've resorted to a shorter style than I normally go for so it looks thicker but I'm hoping the worst is over.

Thank you Ladies on your comments on the hair loss. It's now quite reassuring that it is temporary at least!!
Reading a bit more about it, looks like more protein is the key!!! Need to try and perhaps squeeze another Danio yoghurt in somewhere during the day to ensure I'm getting the full amount!!!

Had my weigh in today and lost 2lbs!!!.... Probably the weight of my hair that I've lost??!!! ;-)

Have a great week ahead and good luck all on your weigh ins!!!

Xx

Thank you Ladies on your comments on the hair loss. It's now quite reassuring that it is temporary at least!!
Reading a bit more about it, looks like more protein is the key!!! Need to try and perhaps squeeze another Danio yoghurt in somewhere during the day to ensure I'm getting the full amount!!!

Had my weigh in today and lost 2lbs!!!.... Probably the weight of my hair that I've lost??!!! ;-)

Have a great week ahead and good luck all on your weigh ins!!!

Xx

congratulations on your weight loss. thats brilliant!

Hi everyone,

Hope your weekend is going well.

I've lost 1lb this week but was hoping to have broken the 1lb/2lb curse and lose at least 3lbs this week after joining the gym last week and busting my @ss off (literally)!!!

Going there this week has reminded me why I used to hate going in there and why I've never rushed back in the last few years (actually decades!!!!). I find it tedious on those machines and everyone is so serious about their own workouts. ( not to mention that they are all body beautiful already!!! Grrr).

Am I the only one that feels that way about gyms????!!!!

When I used to go, I was given a programme to follow and promised I wouldn't weigh myself in that month. I followed it religiously but You can imagine my shock & horror when I had put ON four pounds. The trainer said that was good as the fat was turning into muscle and that muscle weighed more than fat!!! Needless to say, I had quit the gym as I was completely demotivated and didn't want to gain anymore weight before I started seeing results... Eventually!!!

Nonetheless, this time I am going to ignore those feelings and persevere as its only a month's trail and the goal post is for my nephew's wedding at the end of August. Luckily, my brother is coming too and he's keeping me from falling off the wagon... Or should I say treadmill!!! :)

It's also weird that I've started getting more cravings for chocolates and crisps and other junk food in this last week!!! Perhaps the devil side of my brain is telling me I can justify eating that crap as I'm working out??!!!!

Have a good week ahead folks and I'm off out for a very long walk!!

R xx

Hi Rinata,
Yes my hunger is back too.
I am indulging in crisps, biscuits and ice cream occasionally. I want to eat like a slim person,who also indulges small amounts now and then.
I guess we have to now start the next phase....rein those hunger pangs, maintain the weight loss with carrying on with more protein and small portions of other food stuff.
I fear, in my case, the honeymoon period is over boo hooo

Well done on the loss! I don't do the gym either, no motivation for it at all! Have a good week

Thanks Karina! You should not be going anywhere near a gym anyway..... Unless it's to use the vending machine to get a KitKat!! Ha ha ha. You've done brilliantly without ever having to think about a gym. Hope you've gone off the idea of black Tarmac unless you're turning it into a kid's playground???.... That's not a bad idea.... You can nick their sweets!!! :)

Good luck with the bush trimming! ;-)

Rxx

Enjoyed reading ur updates rinata!Great NSVs!!

Sm

Xx

Hello lovely people, Hope you had a great weekend. Weight loss this week: 2lbs!!
Not bad, considering I was at a wedding!!

Had so many ooohs & aaahhhs and "oh My God, you've lost soooo much weight" etc etc. Finally!!! People have noticed. Made me feel like slimmer of the year!!! Had a very hilarious and surreal moment. The long evening dress I wore used to fit me length wise. ( was a tad tight around the stomach before). When I wore it again, it was 4-5 inches too long!!! Where I've lost 4-5 inches around my midrifft, there was no longer my bigger stomach that used to hold the dress up!!! My sister in law had to take up the dress with 100's of safety pins to stop me from tripping over myself!! That moment was so awesome!!!

I've had to boycott the gym for the last week as I've had the wedding and have guests come to stay. However, I did over 20,000 steps yesterday on a sightseeing trip across london! Have a good week folks. Xx

Back