• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Sleever from London

Hi Rinata,
Sorry to hear about paper pounds loss, but am sure it will be great once it is finished.
All you can eat is a difficult place for us. My minds wants it all still. Luckily restriction stops it. You will find that you can only have a little of everything so don't deprive yourself but choose well.
I have not being choosing well recently so have not always had 60grams of protein. When I do, I eat things like eggs, chicken, smoked salmon and yogurt.
Snacking is still an issue. I have to beat that addiction.
Hope dental work will finish soon and you will have a great time on holiday.p.s. update your stats girl.

X

How'd weigh in go this week?

Sm

Xx

Hello lovely people!

Hope you had a great week and lovely weekend. Sorry I haven't been active on here for a few days. This building work is so stressful!! Think it would've been less stressful moving house!!! Lol.

Not sure what I was thinking to have a conversion done and my teeth done days before my holiday!!!

Lost 1lb in my weigh in yesterday which was disappointing as I thought it may have been more due to being back on puréed food again. It's been really painful eating and drinking with my new temporary false teeth... You would've thought the weight would've dropped off!!!

So, I wonder if I can lose another 7lbs between now and next Wednesday when I fly off?? Very optimistic I know. I'm not worried about it and the good thing is that I can use last season's summer wardrobe that was so tight last year!! Might as well get one more use out of them!!

Found big lumps near my shoulders and realised it was my collar bones I could feel sticking out s bit!!!!! Ha ha ha. Forgot they were there after all these years! Also lost weight around around MY NECK!!! Still got enough Chins as a Chinese phone directory though!!! :)
Losing weight in the most weirdest of places first!!! Not sure when it will start working on my Santa belly!!!

Tules & KatD, how was you're weigh in over the weekend?

Have a lovely week folks and chat soon xxx

Hi Rinata,
I am sure you will loose that 7 pounds, also the scales may "only" a pound but you are noticing the shrinkage, right. Isn't it lovely to realise a wobbly bit is no longer there.
My weight loss has stalled, think might have lost a pound over the week but I only register when it is a kilo so roll on next week.
Enjoy getting into your smaller size outfits. I am... So great to use them again.

Hello lovely people.

Hope your weekends are going well.

Weight loss this week..... Big fat ZERO!!!!! So much for trying to lose another 7lbs before my holiday. I've not done too brilliantly over he last 3 weeks which is very disappointing but on the plus side, I went shopping for the first time since my Op and I've gone down 1 1/2 to 2 dress sizes (size 20 is a tight squeeze for trousers so I need 21. Tops are fine for size 20).

My old tops are virtually falling off the shoulders and making a nice slinky off the shoulder numbers!!!

Anyway, I've done so much hard work in the last 2 months and it's time to PAR-TAY and getting ready for my holiday in 3 days time. Can NOT wait!!! Bring it on. I've certainly earned it!!!

Enjoy your long weekend and have a good week folks.

How's your weight loss this week Tules & KatD? Tules, we seemed to have stalled at the same time. Hope you've had a better week

Xx

Hi Rinata,
Have a fabulous time.
Weight wise I am fine. Don't weight myself much but like you have been noticing clothes feeling bigger ,- that's what my nurse said, those weeks when you don't register any loss, you will notice shape changing.
So enjoy your new outfits and have a great time!

At least its not a gain rinata. You're bprobably just in the dreaded stall at the min!

Sm

Xx

Don't be too concerned about the AI holiday. I had one in December. I did gain a few pounds but that was the creamy cocktails not the food. I just took a teaplate each meal and wandered round looking at everything before going back to make my choices I didn't feel deprived all. I coped with it so well that I am going back to the same hotel this Xmas too

Well done on your weight loss. Don't fret about staying the same this week. We are in this for the long haul and a week here or there of stalls or small gains is inevitable - look at the bigger picture

Have a fab holiday xx

Hi Rinata, Have a fabulous time. Weight wise I am fine. Don't weight myself much but like you have been noticing clothes feeling bigger ,- that's what my nurse said, those weeks when you don't register any loss, you will notice shape changing. So enjoy your new outfits and have a great time!

Thanks Tules! Let's see what happens on holiday. Good luck with your week and keep us posted! X

Don't be too concerned about the AI holiday. I had one in December. I did gain a few pounds but that was the creamy cocktails not the food. I just took a teaplate each meal and wandered round looking at everything before going back to make my choices I didn't feel deprived all. I coped with it so well that I am going back to the same hotel this Xmas too Well done on your weight loss. Don't fret about staying the same this week. We are in this for the long haul and a week here or there of stalls or small gains is inevitable - look at the bigger picture Have a fab holiday xx

Thanks very much Kirsty. That is a really good idea about wandering around the buffet first before selecting my food. I'm more nervous about the cocktail menu!!! I'm so partial to a cocktail or six!!!!

You're so right about the long haul. I needed a reminder!!! My big excitement and reward is sitting in the airplane seat knowing that I won't have to be rammed in like my last flight or hopefully won't have to ask for a seatbelt extension!!!

Good luck with your week too xx

I'm off on a plane today and like you all I can't wait to see if there is any diffrence to march when I last flew (pre op) it. Will be so exciting if the tray goes down without being wedged under my tum and will I need an extension to the seat belt. Luckily for me I'm self catering in a villa so no worries about the buffet not sure how in going to manage in a restaurant just sitting while hubby eats how am I going to explain to the waiters. Google translate I suppose lol
On the up side my case is full of new clothes hurrah
Happy holiday to you all x Kim

I hope both of you, Rinata and Kim, have a great holiday. Sunshine makes everything easier. Lol I am still on my 3 week break in Turkey doing pre-op. It does no harm whatsoever to be away from scales for a while. Helps you relax ;)
Enjoy. X

Hi Rinata,
I am in Barcelona. Strangely, with the selection of food, my restriction really kicked in. We do our holidays around food! So trying to adjust. First meal, left hugh left over (who sod have thought). So stopped ordering, instead pick on partner and daughter's dishes. Really fancied blackberry mojitas they make here, but daughter stopped me - my little angel.
You will be fine, enjoy the holiday.x

Hi Rinata, I am in Barcelona. Strangely, with the selection of food, my restriction really kicked in. We do our holidays around food! So trying to adjust. First meal, left hugh left over (who sod have thought). So stopped ordering, instead pick on partner and daughter's dishes. Really fancied blackberry mojitas they make here, but daughter stopped me - my little angel. You will be fine, enjoy the holiday.x

Hey tules. So get the cocktail urges. But you have done so so well. Enjoy a few babe. Holidays don't come round that often xxxx. A couple of pound gain won't be disastrous :)

Thanks Kirsty,
Darn that 30 min rule but did have my mojita tonight.
Had deserts, ice cream (melon, was lovely) and paninis, as well as loads of tapas of course. And of course wine....
I just cannot eat big portions, thanks to the operation sow it is easy to control the urges.

You will be the same Rinata, have small tiny portion of everything you fancy - that way you don't feel.deprived.

Yeah i agree rinata. Just enjoy yourself. You're in it for the long haul.

Sm

Xx

Hello lovely people.

Hope you're all doing well.

I'm back from Mexico and had the best time ever!!
Went swimming with dolphins, stingrays, FiVE Nurse Sharks without any cages or protection and not only swam with a Whale Shark but came face to face with one. It was so amazingly out of this world!!!

Weight loss on holiday:- FOUR and a HALF pounds!!!! I'll take that thank you!!

Was constantly walking and swimming all the time and it was incredibly hot there and sometimes made you feel lethargic (unless you're cooling off in the sea)! I stayed at an All Inclusive hotel so there was so much food but it became such a chore eating as the food was really bland and felt heavy every time I ate. Had plenty of fish but in the last 5-6 days, I had chronic diarrhoea and didn't enjoy eating in the restaurant at all so I had dry crackers and fresh fruit. Think I may have been dehydrated as well so I didn't have any alcohol. ( that's definitely a first on holiday!!). Really missed my cocktails!!

The weight loss could've been any of the above or a combination of all of them. Whatever the reason, it's a welcome result!!

Now that I'm back, I'm definitely feeling really cold as it's about 20.c cooler here. As I was really active on holiday, I need to keep that momentum going.

I took some smaller size new clothes and at the beginning they fit me perfectly and by the end, even they felt loose. My faithful old swimming costume also kept falling off the shoulder and I had to secure it with a safety pin. Even the bottom part started flapping as there was no fat there to support it!!!

All in all, a positive and such a thrilling holiday!! Back to the real world of washing, ironing and cleaning!!! Holiday bubble definitely burst!!

Have a good day folks.... Nearly the weekend!!

Xx

Back