• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEWLY POST OP - LETS SEE WHAT YOUR MANAGING.....

I've not tried them but I think stevia liquid sweetener drops work for a lot of people. They are calorie free apparently but a bit on the expensive side. People use them to flavour shakes so I don't see why say a strawberry one wouldn't work in porridge. I do have mine plain though or occasionally with cinnamon as it's meant to be good for keeping your blood sugar levels stable.
I guess a little fresh pureed fruit might be nice?
I haven't come across them Fee, although I do have Stevia granules which I bought in February for a group pancake session because of the diabeties. I thought it was pretty foul. Was thinking today I could put vanilla Crusha in that I do have in my cupboard (not sure I fancy strawberry which I also have).

@FeeBee - made up recipe but was ten bananas (going brown rapidly), six eggs (protein!), 400 g self raising flour, 250g low cal sugar, cinnamon. This made two really big loaves, six large muffins and twelve small muffins. Still going strong.

Tonight I'm going to make those mini quiches with spinach and snips of bacon.

A good side benefit is how much money we are saving on shopping
I am intrigued Rose at what you are eating as my dietician says I should still be on puree and my op was on the 5th. Is it going down ok?

Absolutely fine. I have to be careful to eat slow as you get full up quickly and on what looks like a small amount, but I feel better and join in the family meals so psychologically better too.

That said, go with what is best for you. I tried 'later stage' foods when I realised that different hospital guides said completely different things. My guide said consommé for two weeks whereas others insisted on porridge while still in hospital. There's a fair bit of flex in the guides.

Guys I'm having a bit of a panick! My dad has just announced he wants to come visit me for a weekend-and soon. I haven't seen him for ) months and he specifically said he wants to take us out for a meal. I haven the told him about the band, and don't intend to. He's a big and fast eater, and is used to me not being far behind him...what do I do??!!!!!

Tell him you are on a diet and have soup. Then talk talk talk and time will fly.

I would let him greet you , calm down and settle then tell him you have something to tell him .. Adult to adult ..
Then just tell him the quick version before he can interrupt .. Don't forget your his little girl and the defensive father will kick in .. Then let him have his say .. I guarantee he will ask questions once he has settled down ..
Tell him your reasons , and why you wanted this done and why you wanted to keep it a secret ..
Xxxxx

Don't get stressed about it @KLB1989. You have two options, you tell him, preferably before his visit or you don't and you go with whatever you can eat at your current stage.

He will obviously wonder why your eating so little, so the on a diet seems like the safe option.

I know from experience that getting stressed before a meal can cause the band to tighten xx

Thanks guys. Telling him is not an option-we don't have that sort of relationship-ive not seen him for 6 months!

I checked a nice local restaurant, looked at their menu and it looks like there's things I can manage-e.g. Soup, monkfish coconut curry served with potatoes etc, so I'm just going to go with 'on a diet', hubby says he'll help me out too-steal some food etc! Bless him!

Just gotta figure out how to get thru the rest of the weekend now..!

Hellooooo how's everyone doing food wise?

I'm doing really well, had the inside of a jacket potato with beans for lunch for the last two days which is lovely but could get very boring. Not so many choices when you're away and relying on canteen food though :(

Still on puree here :) have learned not to eat it too fast tho... I remember someone saying they got hiccups when full... had them today :/ I didn't eat the amount I usually do as I ate a smaller amount too fast... quite uncomfortable really. Must remember to slow down.

Hopefully now we into autumn there will be nice tasty soup options in the canteens @Mazza !

Found that although kiddies purees are not suited to adults for protein content etc... I am enjoying the kids fruit pouches... it's hard to puree one fruit portion and also avoid it going brown/keeping.... so one of these a day is super nice treat... sometimes half mixed with a small yogurt too :)

I'm going for beans with the little sausages for lunch. wish me luck x

Just had a morrisons small salad for tea. Pre op I would of eaten a medium one easily. Now I can only manage 1/3 of a small one.

It looks horrible but I had grated cheese, a beany chicken thing and some coleslaw.

This is the aftermath!

Attachments

• 1475687712600-1322341170.jpg
    1475687712600-1322341170.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 18
Got a sainsbury steak burger with a few potato chip thingys lol .. a spoon of beans and maybe a slice of cheese ..
followed later by mango slices and ginger yogurt .. yummmmm !

There are a lot of beans being consumed around here!

Today was the first day I tried lumpy and desperate to get some more fibre in I had cold mashed baked beans for breakfast. They were yummy. Can't abide them hot on their own.

Have also done mashed fish in sauce with mashed swede and potato and extra skimmed milk, liquid and powder for dinner. Two more meals potted up in the freezer to add to the puree ones left from when my microwave broke down at the weekend.

I cannot remember what i had for lunch other than beans figured in there somewhere! :D

Having struggled to get enough fluid in, particularly water whilst having six, meals or snacks a day, I am finding it a lot easier now I have changed to three with more time in between to get the water down and allow the 30 minutes either side. It can take me a hour to drink a cup of peppermint tea which I am finding is the easiest thing to swallow. Have managed more fluid today for the first time with two mugs of pep tea plus around a pint of just water.

Constipation is still an issue. Three days with no bowel movement until a hard effort this morning, despite having consumed half a bottle of lactulose since the weekend, a few doses of M of M and one sachet of Movicol last night. The discomfort in my wound area isn't as bad though.

Just finishing the day off with an Options hot choc with extra skimmed milk powder which has gone down a treat. :)

Got a sainsbury steak burger with a few potato chip thingys lol .. a spoon of beans and maybe a slice of cheese ..
followed later by mango slices and ginger yogurt .. yummmmm !
You are making my mouth water with the steak burger - drrroooooolll ;)

Hellooooo how's everyone doing food wise?

I'm doing really well, had the inside of a jacket potato with beans for lunch for the last two days which is lovely but could get very boring. Not so many choices when you're away and relying on canteen food though :(
I haven't got beyond taking shakes/smoothies with me when out and not able to eat at home. Need to investigate leak proof containers as the baby snack pots i bought thinking they could do multiple things tend to leak. :( I have found variety has been my saviour since I started the pre-op, whereas before I could happily eat the same food day after day (usually porridge and curry).

@SAM55 I brought some dinky little sistema lunch cubes (two compartments) from Asda Living for £1.50 ea, they're usually about £4. They don't leak and they are the perfect size ☺

Back