• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEWLY POST OP - LETS SEE WHAT YOUR MANAGING.....

Sam ...
Try taking sennacot each day .. you can take the generic form also ..
I take 2 tablets before bed and then in the morning it's bomb doors open !
When I'm a little more regular I just take one tablet each day ..
Mine isn't food related bung up , it's the pain killers , cocodamol and tramadol, that I take that cause the back up ..
Good luck !

@Mazza That firecracker chicken from Morrisons was my favourite. Of course I had it in a medium salad packed full of creamy pasta too.

@countrywench - I also take senekot every day which is new (since the weight loss journey).

@Mazza That firecracker chicken from Morrisons was my favourite. Of course I had it in a medium salad packed full of creamy pasta too.

Ah yes, thats what its called! ha ha, very nice but very filling :D

Today I had breakfast at the hotel, scrambled egg with beans (yumm), left work at 3.00pm to drive 90 miles home and had a yoghurt before I left. It deffo had some sugar in it as I had another dizzy spell o_O Just had some of my OH's haddock (him and daughter had chip shop tea) with some mushy peas. He moaned like hell that I had a bit of it, greedy so and so!!!

No need for senna etc here, all seems to be as should be :D

I'm planning to go away overnight with my husband in a week or so. I'll be on soft food by then, so your posts are very reassuring I'll find things to eat.

Eating out is tricky so try and plan which restaurant and choose based on foods you can eat.
Soup or a very sloppy risotto (starter portion) is a safe bet when eating out. I had a half of a portion of lobster risotto and took the other half home for lunch the next day - delicious.

On my second outing I was not so lucky as friends chose a posh burger place as they don't know about my surgery. I managed a third of the beef patty and an onion ring and stopped, saying I had a big lunch and am dieting. Think I got away with it.

Mad to think that not that long ago I would have had the risotto starter and a pizza for mains.

I am in the legendary three week post op stall. Wish it was over already.

Not really something us new post oppers can think about eating for some time :(
The nearest i have got is pureed tinned mince beef and onion in gravy. My goodness though, after four weeks of shakes it tasted as good as steak :)

@SAM55 I brought some dinky little sistema lunch cubes (two compartments) from Asda Living for £1.50 ea, they're usually about £4. They don't leak and they are the perfect size ☺
Thanks Mazza. Will have a look when I am able to get to an Asda. My nearest is 30 miles away.

Just had dinner at the mils dropped on me this evening..! Was scared, but she had done a small portion of fish with mash and some soft roast Mediterranean veg on the side. Just took it slowly. Managed it fine, although I am slightly concerned about how much I managed-had pancakes for desert too.

Have an appointment for first fill (I do already have 3 ml in from op) and follow up with consultant in the 19th so hopefully will get more restriction from that. Tonight was the first time I've been faced with a normal portion of food so it definitely surprised me that it was ok, as up till now I've made such small portions that I've not bothered to try more..hope this doesn't mean I've stretched anything though..over thinking as usual!

Ok, tried crispy today for breakfast as it said I could. Not a great idea :( Really felt the urge to crunch so had a Finn Crisp Thin Sourdough Rye Crispbread with some low fat spread. 20% fibre, 100% wholegrain. It has eventually moved a bit but have felt discomfort all day and haven't wanted to drink again. :( I am going to find them a new home because they didn't even taste nice. :mad:

Just had dinner at the mils dropped on me this evening..! Was scared, but she had done a small portion of fish with mash and some soft roast Mediterranean veg on the side. Just took it slowly. Managed it fine, although I am slightly concerned about how much I managed-had pancakes for desert too.

Have an appointment for first fill (I do already have 3 ml in from op) and follow up with consultant in the 19th so hopefully will get more restriction from that. Tonight was the first time I've been faced with a normal portion of food so it definitely surprised me that it was ok, as up till now I've made such small portions that I've not bothered to try more..hope this doesn't mean I've stretched anything though..over thinking as usual!

I'm sure you haven't stretched anything, so don't worry.

As a previous bander, my advice would be to not rely on restriction to control what you eat. You need to be in full control and be focusing on protein and veg and limiting starch to only when you need it (potato, rice, bread and pasta) for each meal, you can get enough carbs in your diet from veg and fruit.

If you were able to eat pancakes after your meal, you definitely didn't have enough fish :D

Ok, tried crispy today for breakfast as it said I could. Not a great idea :( Really felt the urge to crunch so had a Finn Crisp Thin Sourdough Rye Crispbread with some low fat spread. 20% fibre, 100% wholegrain. It has eventually moved a bit but have felt discomfort all day and haven't wanted to drink again. :( I am going to find them a new home because they didn't even taste nice. :mad:

Oh dear @SAM55 they do actually sound nice, so its a shame they weren't!

I wonder if you didn't chew enough?

I've had some super grain oats for breakfast as I was going to the gym - made half a packet and managed it all.
For late lunch I had some advocado and egg
For tea I'm having hummous but goodness knows what with...........

Oh dear @SAM55 they do actually sound nice, so its a shame they weren't!

I wonder if you didn't chew enough?

I've had some super grain oats for breakfast as I was going to the gym - made half a packet and managed it all.
For late lunch I had some advocado and egg
For tea I'm having hummous but goodness knows what with...........
They were not very chewable and quite heavy. I think it was because they were rye sourdough. I had missed that bit when i ordered them online.

The fibre eventually worked very well though after a day of pain :sick0019:

Hows everyone doing?

I went out for my first meal with family last night. We went to TGI Friday and i had salmon with mash and veg, with some Jack Daniels sauce (tasted a bit like black treacle).

I managed nearly half of the salmon and a small bit of mash and veg. My OH and dauughter ate most of what I left.

Must admit it was good to be out and about and even better, something I could eat.

Today I had porridge for breakfast as I was going to the gym, some tuna and beans for dinner and for tea, refried beans with some cheese sprinkled on. I ate about half of it :D

Attachments

• 20161016_173452.jpg
    20161016_173452.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 16
Sounds like normal life is resuming Mazza. :)

I have been thinking about eating out now i am six weeks, but unfortunately everyone is busy at the moment. :( Getting fed up with eating on my own. :(:(

I have had a problem with tuna over the weekend. My first try with some low fat mayo, and made it nice and slippery but it got stuck and the constipation is back, after having done so well this week. :(

Otherwise have been doing ok with almost up to a tea plate's worth and trying to get enough protein in, whilst also trying to get some roughage from vegetables and fruit.

Had another go at crispy yesterday, and bought some Ryvita Thins this time, with black pepper and salt. Went down a treat. :character00254:

Back on the baked beans with everything today :bubblegum:

Have really struggled with head hunger this weekend, :eatdrink051:as feeling somewhat emotional about seeing my daughter on Tuesday for a few hours before she emigrates on Saturday. She lives a long way away anyway so it will be only the second time I have seen her this year as I haven't been well enough to travel, or under hospital waiting list orders since March, not to go away. :( :( :(

Your meal looks good @Mazza It must feel great to be out and about and eating with your family.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter @SAM55 that's a tough thing to deal with. No wonder you're emotional.

As for me. I can officially move from puree to soft foods on Tuesday. Which is good timing as I hit a wall tonight in terms of mashed potato. I just couldn't face it again, so just had mashed up tuna instead. I'm also going away tomorrow to stay overnight at the Lake District. I think I'll stick to what I've been eating though, trying something new while so far away from home may not be the best idea.

I'm suffering from head hunger a lot and at the same time keep thinking I'm eating too much which Sensible Me knows is not true, so my head is playing games on me from both directions.

I use a side plate and even that is half empty so even though I'm eating the same sort of foods as everyone (which makes life so much easier) I am eating about a third of what my youngest (age 7) eats.

I've learnt that when Head Hunger hits at nighttime to go have a long bath and bring a bottle of water to drink when I'm soaking. With lots of imagination that feels like a glass of cool prosecco.... See I can play mind tricks too .

I think finding strategies like that are so vital in tackling head hunger :)

Back