• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEWLY POST OP - LETS SEE WHAT YOUR MANAGING.....

LittleMissNom

I went to wagamamas on Friday. Barely managed 1/4 of what was on my plate.
They packed up my leftovers... it's great as sort of felt a bit awkward and also a bit miffed at the 15 quid lol. Am on soft to normal food and just trying to focus on protein and drinks with a side of my 5 a day.
Eating out is a mine field!!

Rose2016

It is, but on the plus side what would have been one dinner is now lunch the next day too.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I went to wagamamas on Friday. Barely managed 1/4 of what was on my plate.
They packed up my leftovers... it's great as sort of felt a bit awkward and also a bit miffed at the 15 quid lol. Am on soft to normal food and just trying to focus on protein and drinks with a side of my 5 a day.
Eating out is a mine field!!

Ooh, I love Wagamamas. What did you have?

Don't feel awkward, you paid for it so if you want to take it home then why not :D

Today I had:

Breakfast: a slim fast (I know, I know but I was driving from early on so needed something quick and easy) much as hate them, they still pack in 15g's of protein!
Lunch: from the canteen where I'm working was a slice of hot quiche with beans. Eat the eggy cheesy bit and most of the beans.
Tea: a quorn chilli, hot and spicy, yumm! I managed almost a ladle full

I'm really concsious I'm not drinking enough, at work I very often don't even get offered a coffee. I've been taking 2 500mls bottles with me but I need to actually drink them!

Still taking my vitamins though :p

puddytats

I find I drink more at work! I don't drink coffee (or tea) and I constantly have a bottle of NAS squash on my desk and keep sipping at it!

LittleMissNom

I had tuna steak with quinoa and spicy cucumber slices. I usually have the soupy noodles but figured that like drinking and eating at the same time, so went for the tuna. Sooo tasty!!
I alternate drink and food to make sure I get enough of both... the shakes are still useful tho as I very occasionally feel light headed and they are quick and easy.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I find I drink more at work! I don't drink coffee (or tea) and I constantly have a bottle of NAS squash on my desk and keep sipping at it!

I work in other peoples offices and as they don't really want me there, they're not very hospitable.

If I had my own desk I would be fine too :D

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I had tuna steak with quinoa and spicy cucumber slices. I usually have the soupy noodles but figured that like drinking and eating at the same time, so went for the tuna. Sooo tasty!!
I alternate drink and food to make sure I get enough of both... the shakes are still useful tho as I very occasionally feel light headed and they are quick and easy.

Oooh that sounds nice!

It's just one of those things with my job, I literaly can't just get up and get a drink so I need to drink what I take :D

FeeBee

John West do these packs of salmon with rice and lentils or couscous. I had one at lunch today, you can have them hot or cold and it was lovely. It was a small bowl full and I actually finished it. It's very soft so one to consider a bit later on perhaps?

puddytats

I work in other peoples offices and as they don't really want me there, they're not very hospitable.

If I had my own desk I would be fine too :D

I don't have a desk. I hot desk, but luckily in the same office as everyone else. I have a big envelope that goes with me, with all my stuff in. Sucks really!

Unsure if I'll even have a desk tomorrow! This is how my annual leave and toil sheet has gone missing :(

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I'll rephrase that. If I had an office even, let alone a desk I would be fine.

Hot desking is a luxury long gone for me.

Today I am working alone in a store cupboard in a basement. No windows, no sign of daylight, no desk and only my bottled water to keep me company - now that sucks!!!

SAM55

Horlicks (the light version) is on my diet list as a bedtime drink. Was reading the small nutritional print on the individual packet and saw that it gives you 116% of your daily B12 intake, which was worth knowing, as not sure how much I have been imbibing from elsewhere, but guessing very little, and no signs of a B12 injection yet...

FeeBee

I had my first at the GP's in July so about 2 months after the op. Is it worth asking your GP if the hospital have written to tell them they need to do the shots?
That's useful about the Horlicks (I used to like it when I was little but naturally it's not gluten free) and if you have any trouble sleeping I used to find it really helped settle me a bit more too :)

Kar8858

I'm thankful my b12 has always been find so no jabs! It's important in the first 12 months to get your bloods checked for iron and folic acid, don't let them fob you off!
I love Costa skinny hot chocolate.i can't finish a small one even now but they taste amazing and are a meal in themselves!!

SAM55

Was told when I asked my GP the other week that bloods would be done at 3 months of op date. He is on holiday at the moment so can't ask him anything. I can check my meds online and there is nothing written up there, and everything else the hospital gave me has, so guessing they haven't had a letter yet...

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I have my bloods check appointment on 25th November at the hospital, so got to go get them done the week before.

I'm still on x 2 multivitamins a day and one calcium vitamin d (which was prescribed for me on discharge).

So I hope I'm ok!

Do you or have you ever suffered with dumping @Kar8858 ? I do, I can't even have a mocha nevermind a hot chocolate :(

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
How's everyone doing.

My weight has stalled again grrrr.

Im seeing the dietician on Friday so im hoping for some helpful advice.

Really wanted to get to 100kg or better still, below before xmas. Stuck at 104 :rolleyes:

Would be interested in seeing what you are all eating....

FeeBee

All is not lost. 4kg by New Years at the outside?
Fingers crossed you get some useful tips.