• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newly post op? Post your daily food intake here

I am ok thanks doing ok, hubby following it with me. I am currently decreasing my anti-depressants and am really pleased how that is going too.

Tomorrow I will be 4 weeks post-op and to be honest I'm really struggling getting enough fluids down me, which is probably why I've been having trouble with constipation.

I usually have half a weetabix saturated with SS milk for breakfast. Also 2 teaspoons of yogurt to take my forceval multivit in.
Mid morning I have about 250ml of a slimfast shake.
Lunchtime I have approx 200ml of soup or about 5 cubes of my frozen liquidised meals.
Mid afternoon I try to remember to have some yogurt - about half a pot of activia.
Evening meal - again either soup or some of my cubes from the freezer.
I haven't even been managing 1litre of water with NAS juice most days but I am trying to improve, but it's hard now I'm back at work because I get engrossed in what I'm doing & forget to drink.

I am starting to get a bit tired of the sloppy food but don't think I'm brave enough to try anything else just yet. It's worst when I see hubby & the kids having their meals - it's like torture! I didn't expect to feel this bad about seeing other people eat.

Im 3 weeks post op today, been feeling really sick a lot but feel ok today. Beginning to feel fed up with liquids now, wondering if I should try some sloppy scrambled egg for tea or leave it for another week............

Hi Gemma

Be wary of eggs. You'd think you'd be ok with them but I tend to find that they get a bit stuck, regardless of how long you chew them for.

Try something mushier like mashed spud & cheese or one of my favs was re-fried beans with cheese on top.

Hi Gail, I been eating mashed spud for a couple of week, I was really surprised I could tolerate it but I been ok. Think I'll stick to soup for tea!!!

I'm really jealous of all of you. 6 days post op and can just about manage half a cup of tea and half a cup of unsweetened (and diluted) juice a day :( Bah humbug!

I'm now 5 days post op and my daily intake is
1 mug of coffee
1mug of boveril
1tin of soup
3 glasses of nas squash
1-2 pints of ss milk
I did ring the hospital to make sure they had done the surgery lol

Today i had the usual 20g of cornflakes with skimmed milk and water with my pills. I had a fruit shoot whilst at uni and some cheese scone for lunch. When i got home i had a glass of skimmed milk. For tea i just had a bowl of prawns as didn't fancy a proper meal and i have just had a small diabetic choc cornflake cake with a cup of tea. (oh and extra fluid with the lovely movicol !)

Hi 6 weeks today post op and still struggling with sickness(am having to inject myself daily to combat the sickness) and cant eat any hot foods or strong smelling foods, texture wise am not struggling all thankfully. Head hunger has been a bit*h recently so i am making a pact with myself to be very strict as i have set myself a big goal for the next 12 weeks as its my gorgeous son`s 18th in 12 weeks time,here is today`s menu.

Breakfast= Shape - Feel Fuller for Longer, 1 pot - Raspberry
Kellogg's - Special K - Red Berries, 3/4 Cup/28 grms

Lunch= 1/2 protein shake,

Dinner = 1/2 protein shake

Snacks= Semi Skimmed Milk, 100 ml

Fluids= 1.5 ltrs of nas vimto

Totals= 521 calories 51 grms carbs 9 grms fat 60 grms protein

Last edited:
Hi 6 weeks today post op and still struggling with sickness(am having to inject myself daily to combat the sickness) and cant eat any hot foods or strong smelling foods, texture wise am not struggling all thankfully. Head hunger has been a bit*h recently so i am making a pact with myself to be very strict as i have set myself a big goal for the next 12 weeks as its my gorgeous son`s 18th in 12 weeks time,here is today`s menu.

Breakfast= Shape - Feel Fuller for Longer, 1 pot - Raspberry
Kellogg's - Special K - Red Berries, 3/4 Cup/28 grms

Lunch= 1/2 protein shake,

Dinner = 1/2 protein shake

Snacks= Semi Skimmed Milk, 100 ml

Fluids= 1.5 ltrs of nas vimto

Totals= 521 calories 51 grms carbs 9 grms fat 60 grms protein

Hi Sweetie.

Is this typical for you? Great protein levels and really glad to see you're managing to control the carbs but worried you haven't got much variety yet. Hope the sickness meds kick in soon so you can eat a wider range of foods xx

Just a few days off 4 weeks post op. Some days can't eat very much at all but other days can eat very well. Here's yesterday's food:

Breakfast: 1 poached egg on a flat potato scone (150 kcals)

Lunch: Muller light (100 kcals)

Dinner: Bolognaise sauce with 1 spoon small pasta shapes (200 kcals)

Snacks: Cheese (100 kcals) Strawberries (50 kcals)

Total Kcals: 600

Hi Sweetie.

Is this typical for you? Great protein levels and really glad to see you're managing to control the carbs but worried you haven't got much variety yet. Hope the sickness meds kick in soon so you can eat a wider range of foods xx

No it was not typical, it was pure carbs the past 2 weeks as i was on a carb fest as it was a combo of head hunger and not feeing sick when eating carbs.
So now i am being extra strict with myself and the carbs are good carbs and noooo head hunger eating, still dropped 7lbs more in the past 9/10 days though :) variety does not bother me at all just want to get rid of sickness and lose more weight.
Hows u hun xxx

Just a few days off 4 weeks post op. Some days can't eat very much at all but other days can eat very well. Here's yesterday's food:

Breakfast: 1 poached egg on a flat potato scone (150 kcals)

Lunch: Muller light (100 kcals)

Dinner: Bolognaise sauce with 1 spoon small pasta shapes (200 kcals)

Snacks: Cheese (100 kcals) Strawberries (50 kcals)

Total Kcals: 600

Doing good girl, text me when ur feeling up to meeting up and can meet up in ur lunch break when ur back at work xx

Hi all here is my food for the day, i am still struggling with the sickness and having to inject myself daily to combat it, also am mega stressed :cry::cry: and for the first time in all my life i actually dont want to emotionally eat so i hope this pattern starting today of not emotionally eating carries on.

Breakfast
Tesco - Semi Skimmed Milk, 200 ml
Myprotein - Total Protein Xs choc/mint shake, 25 g

Lunch
Tesco - Sliced Turkey Breast, 1 slice
Picalilli - Mustard, 1 tbs 1
Kingsmill - Everyday White Thick Slice, 0.5 slice
Clover - Light Spread, 5 g

Dinner
1/2 portion Quaker - Oats So Simple Apple and Blueberry (With 180ml Semi Skimmed Milk), 36 g

Snacks
Shape - Lasting Satisfaction Yoghurt- Mango/Peach and Passionfruit, 120 g
Asda - Seedless Grapes, 100 g
Add Food | Remember Meal

Totals Calories= 525 Carbs= 54 Fat=10.5 Protein= 43

Fluids= 1 ltr of nas Vimto and 3 glasses of nas with Movicol

Well i have tried very hard to incorporate some new foods to my diet today, ie cheese and salad and wholemeal bread, but in doing this my protein level has dived today so i need to sit down and find a happy medium and poss reduce the carbs but i will wait till next week and weigh myself and see what the losses are like, not 2 sure bout increasing the calories at this stage as this amount of food has been more than enough for me.

Breakfast
Half Protein shake,

Lunch
Jacobs - Cream Crackers, 3 cracker
Clover - Light Spread, 10 g
Tesco Mozzerella small slices x3

Dinner
Nimble - Wholemeal Bread,1 slice= 22 g
Tesco - Mozzarella Slices, 2 slice
Cherry Tomatoes, 2 toms
Cucumber - 1 oz

Snacks
Walls - Mini Twister Lemon & Lime, 1 lolly

Totals Calories =587 Carbs=48 Fat=24 Protein= 43

Last edited:
Hi Roch, hope you're feeling a little better and your loss this week is a good one, you're doing really well considering the sickness, suppose you mustn't rush these things. Have a lovely weekend hun..Jan x

Can I join in too please!!!

I'm 24days post op and on soft diet

Yesterday i had
Breakfast 3 tesco light choices cheese triangles
Lunch 1/2 baked potato with beans and cheese (no skin)...yummmm
Dinner small bowl (child's bowl) chicken stirfry...contained 2 small slivers of chicken. yumm again...was a bit worried as thought I may be pushing the 'soft' bit but chewed it to oblivion!
snack 3 dutch crispbreads with hummous

not enuff fluids i know as ive been struggling with it as I was never a big drinker b4 wls...

BUT weight loss has stalled for the last week...:(:sigh: thought the weight should be 'flying' off but it's not :(

I'm 12 days post op and still on liquids..

Yesterday i had

B - 250ml Chocnut protein shake with half a banana in it.
L - Small tin cream of chicken soup
D - About 100ml of butternut squash & sweet potato soup.

Snacks - 1 Actimel 0% fat & Half a bottle of slimfast

Didn't drink enough - probably only 750ml of NAS squash.

Hi Roch, hope you're feeling a little better and your loss this week is a good one, you're doing really well considering the sickness, suppose you mustn't rush these things. Have a lovely weekend hun..Jan x

Hi Jan thanks hun, its just so hard at the mo as never been good with meat and fish so find it hard to boost my protein also the sickness does not help.
Hope ur good and enjoying the sun xx

Can I join in too please!!!

I'm 24days post op and on soft diet

Yesterday i had
Breakfast 3 tesco light choices cheese triangles
Lunch 1/2 baked potato with beans and cheese (no skin)...yummmm
Dinner small bowl (child's bowl) chicken stirfry...contained 2 small slivers of chicken. yumm again...was a bit worried as thought I may be pushing the 'soft' bit but chewed it to oblivion!
snack 3 dutch crispbreads with hummous

not enuff fluids i know as ive been struggling with it as I was never a big drinker b4 wls...

BUT weight loss has stalled for the last week...:(:sigh: thought the weight should be 'flying' off but it's not :(

Hi Karma and of course u can join in the more the merrier :D:D:D hun i stalled from day 6 for 3.5 weeks so honestly dont worry bout it, was told its our body getting used to the op and the weight we are losing.
Do u know how much protein u r getting in i have tried to aim at least 50grms but seem to be struggling if i dont have a protein shake.
Your doing well, pls dont stress bout the stall u will still be losing inches, i lost 2.5 sizes during my stall so measure urself and i am sure u will be surprised.
Take care xx

Back