• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Tummy Tuck Diary (Pics Included)

That's brill hun! Sounds like you have it sussed. Thanks for the protein advice. I'm having a full english for lunch and lots of chicken and fish meals planned as I'm craving it. I'm a strong believer in listening to your body's needs so the protein thing must be right.

My mum-in-law is Chinese and she says in Chinese medicine, they say to help scars heal better you should avoid egg, beef and soya sauce products. I think the beef and soya is meant to darken the scars. Not sure about the egg. Will have to ask my hubby to ask her.
xx

Oh and I will be havin an egg with my full english just this once! I think I deserve it! ;)

Sorry Jax hunny. We cross-posted and I've only just realised you've replied.

Thanks so much for thinking of me hun - on your birthday too! (Happy Belated Birthday btw)! And the emotions you felt when typing are totally understandable. It's heart-warming to hear such honesty and revelation. I'm not bored don't worry. I love chatting to all the girls here. :)

In answer to your questions - they don't cut through muscle so it's no where near as painful as a c-section. The upper ab contouring was more painful than the wound itself I think. The tightening of the skin feels strange too and it forces you to have a bent over posture like a little old lady for a while. Where the drains go in are a little sore too but nothing unbearable.

I'm bed-ridden at 4 days post op, getting up slowly to go to the bathroom. Everyone's different I know but if I worked a regular job I would probably want to take off at least a few weeks. I'm a writer though and any work I do is from home so I'm lucky in that respect.

My mum has the kids for 2 weeks too (over 2 hour drive away) and my hubby has taken 2 weeks off to look after me so I have no choice but to do absolutely bugger all and take it very slowly. :)

Take care hun and well done on your weight loss/good luck with the rest.
xx

Ooooooh and btw - you'll all be pleased to hear that my first batch of post-op pics are now in my albums!!! Yay! Read the captions to see what day it was taken because they've all come up in the wrong order and there's no option to organise them.

I'm sure you can see the improvement from day 1 to day 4. I promise to take as many as possible and create week by week albums that are easy to browse.

Oh hun that's a massive weight loss! I just wanted to congratulate you on that even though you're not happy with the skin you've been left with. And mental health is as important as physical health so if you are severely depressed about this and are considering surgery, I urge you to go to your GP sooner rather than later.
xx

Well done Poppy, great to see you back, OMG your brave i'm gettin quite scared now but also excited. Your pics look great, it's mad your all done now. I'm like a mad woman the now trying to get everything sorted for christmas and organised before i go in to make it as easy as possible for my partner and parents over christmas. We always go to my parents at christmas just 1 street away, do you think i will feel upto going out that soon after my op?
I can't stop grinning while reading your posts :D

Glad to hear everything went well. Just looked at your pics and you're looking good hun, but it does look very painful. Take it easy and get plenty of rest and you'll be back on your feet in no time.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it really is helpful for all us who are having ops in the future.

just peeked at your piccies - scar looks really neat. Looking forward to seeing them with you standing up when you feel better as our tummies pre op are very similar

Sorry Jax hunny. We cross-posted and I've only just realised you've replied.

Thanks so much for thinking of me hun - on your birthday too! (Happy Belated Birthday btw)! And the emotions you felt when typing are totally understandable. It's heart-warming to hear such honesty and revelation. I'm not bored don't worry. I love chatting to all the girls here. :)

In answer to your questions - they don't cut through muscle so it's no where near as painful as a c-section. The upper ab contouring was more painful than the wound itself I think. The tightening of the skin feels strange too and it forces you to have a bent over posture like a little old lady for a while. Where the drains go in are a little sore too but nothing unbearable.

I'm bed-ridden at 4 days post op, getting up slowly to go to the bathroom. Everyone's different I know but if I worked a regular job I would probably want to take off at least a few weeks. I'm a writer though and any work I do is from home so I'm lucky in that respect.

My mum has the kids for 2 weeks too (over 2 hour drive away) and my hubby has taken 2 weeks off to look after me so I have no choice but to do absolutely bugger all and take it very slowly. :)

Take care hun and well done on your weight loss/good luck with the rest.
xx

Not surprised we cross-posted it took me an absolute age to type that post - emotional wreck that I am LOL.

Your pics look fab although they look very painful!! Thanks for the info - very helpful. Glad you have lots of help from your OH and mum although not sure I'd cope 2 weeks away from my girls - very brave of you!

Take care hun, rest up and make the most of all the TLC from OH!!! Thanx so much for sharing your pics and your story with us - it means a lot!!! :) xxx

Well done Poppy, great to see you back, OMG your brave i'm gettin quite scared now but also excited. Your pics look great, it's mad your all done now. I'm like a mad woman the now trying to get everything sorted for christmas and organised before i go in to make it as easy as possible for my partner and parents over christmas. We always go to my parents at christmas just 1 street away, do you think i will feel upto going out that soon after my op?
I can't stop grinning while reading your posts :D

Thanks hun! You'll be about a week post op by Christmas won't you? Everyone heals differently but you'll more than likely be fine and geared up for it because of the boredom of being immobile beforehand. As long as you let everyone else do everything and try not to do any bending, lifting, etc. I'm finding that the pain isn't too bad. Just feeling a bit swollen, bruised and restricted in movement. And I think it's the soreness from where my upper abs were countoured that has made it harder to get up out of bed, sit back down, etc. More so than the wound.

Also I've had the drains out today which has made me feel a lot less restricted because I had to carry them around everywhere with me, be careful not to tug them or lie on the pipes when in bed, etc.

It's unlikely for you to have them in longer than 5 or 6 days so you'll be up and rearing for Christmas I reckon. Just take it easy hun.
x

Thank you for being so open and honest about your procedure, I can see the difference in your pictures from day 1 to now so it looks like you are making a wonderful recovery.

Sending you healing and pain soothing thoughts!
Hugs

Glad to hear everything went well. Just looked at your pics and you're looking good hun, but it does look very painful. Take it easy and get plenty of rest and you'll be back on your feet in no time.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it really is helpful for all us who are having ops in the future.

Thank you Lisa Marie! :) They're honestly not as painful as they look on the Day 4 ones. Day 1 was a lot more swollen and sore though.

Straight after the op I felt more ill from the anaesthetic and morphine than anything else. And the upper ab area has caused more discomfort when getting out of bed etc than the wound itself but it's not unbearable pain.

I stopped the morphine very quickly after the op and have been fine with Ibuprofen and Diclofenac 3 times a day.

I am taking it very very easy though as you say. I don't want to cause any damage. Also, my tummy feels so very tight which is weird after living with 10 yrs of slack skin and muscle and I think that's what causes the posture to bend forwards. I'm wearing a corset thing every day and now the drains are out I'm wearing firm control pants too.

Its trying to get the right balance though because it's good to get up and stretch and move around a bit. It helps with the recovery process and lowers chance of DVT. Which reminds me - in case u didn't know - you have to wear some sexy tight knee length support socks before and after the op to lower chance of DVT. I only stopped wearing mine yesterday.

Glad you've found my journey and pics useful hun. That's the whole reason I'm sharing everything, warts and all. If I only help one other woman, it'll be worth it.
x

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your story with us. Already you can see how much of a difference it is going to make to you....although have to say it looks a wee bit sore!

xxx

just peeked at your piccies - scar looks really neat. Looking forward to seeing them with you standing up when you feel better as our tummies pre op are very similar

Thank you so much chick! I am over the moon with it I really am. And I know it will improve with time too. And one day when I can do crunches again who knows?! Lol!

Yeah! I can't wait to get some standing up side profile shots. Hopefully next week or the week after.

I also plan to have some taken in a sexy new size 10 pencil skirt I bought from River Island a few weeks back especially for this occassion. :D

I'm a size 10 you see but certain size 10 things would look horrendous on me because of my belly. I'm so excited about that skirt! :D
xx

Not surprised we cross-posted it took me an absolute age to type that post - emotional wreck that I am LOL.

Your pics look fab although they look very painful!! Thanks for the info - very helpful. Glad you have lots of help from your OH and mum although not sure I'd cope 2 weeks away from my girls - very brave of you!

Take care hun, rest up and make the most of all the TLC from OH!!! Thanx so much for sharing your pics and your story with us - it means a lot!!! :) xxx

I know babe! I've cried my heart out a few times missing the kids. :(

They should be back this Wednesday though so not long now. And now the drains are gone, loadsa stress-free hugs to be had!
x

I also plan to have some taken in a sexy new size 10 pencil skirt I bought from River Island a few weeks back especially for this occassion. :D

I'm a size 10 you see but certain size 10 things would look horrendous on me because of my belly. I'm so excited about that skirt! :D
xx

that'll be great - maybe a good xmas outfit? I'm a size 10 skirt as well but as you say tight styles are a no no for me at the mo as they make me look 5 months pregnant

yeks 2 weeks today I will be 5 days post op and in the place your at - so excited

hi Poppy,

Been waiting to see you post since having the op, so glad it all went well for ya.... Is your album private, please could you add me so i can have a look at your pics...

Thanks Nas x

Hiya hun, I've just read through your diary - you seem really brave hun and I'm glad it all went smoothly for you. Can't seem to see the pics though :( which I was really intrigued to see but never mind! Wishing you the best for the rest of your recovery, hopefully you'll be "back to normal" before long! Just without the tum :)

If your album is private could you add me in so I can see? Thats if you don't mind... I'm just thinking a TT might be something I have to do in future, and am intrigued to see what it looks like!

xxxx

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your story with us. Already you can see how much of a difference it is going to make to you....although have to say it looks a wee bit sore!

xxx

No worries chick! Yes I can feel the huge difference already. And as for the soreness, the worst is behind me. Any pain has been well worth it. :D
xx

Back