• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Yep mine have gone in the tummy

I've been doing it in my thighs as that seemed to work best for me. I was reading the info on it online though and it said not into muscle so thought I would question it. I learnt about the rubbing part after the first day haha.

District Nurse did it in alternate arms, but when I started doing them myself I found it easier in the fat in my stomach as i couldn't get the right angle on my arms. Tried thighs until I hit a muscle (ouch!) and then went back to stomach. Mine was Tinzaparin but i think they are all pretty much the same as have had Fragmin before...

@MrsN yes 11 pounds gone forever :) Ive been in alot of pain today with that wound, id stopped any pain relief until today, my dressings are off now and theres no oozing or anything im guessing its just bruising internally, guess this is my reminder my body was put through alot :rolleyes:

@MrsN yes 11 pounds gone forever :) Ive been in alot of pain today with that wound, id stopped any pain relief until today, my dressings are off now and theres no oozing or anything im guessing its just bruising internally, guess this is my reminder my body was put through alot :rolleyes:

Nice one!! Well done. 11lb is ace!! I won't be anywhere near that.

Yeah I'm having some pain relief tonight too. Almost feel like I've a pulled muscle under my left incision /side.
I've been doing far too much - carrying on as normal really. So having a few days on the sofa! It's hard though isn't it.

@JakkiD what sort of dressing did you have?
I have this waterproof stuff on it's like a purple colour and not a traditional dressin as such.

Well done :) It was about four weeks before I could stop the pain killers (paracetamol), mainly because of one wound. Found it easier to tail them off rather than stop suddenly and took them for longer at night.

Question to anyone having injections after their wls:

Where is the best place to stick it? My first was done by the nurse in my gut, then the second was done by me. I asked where and was told stomach or thigh, so I picked thigh. I've since read you shouldn't do it into a muscle, but the body is covered in muscles?
I am using ice @MrsN to numb area. I put injection in 45degree as sub/c I wait couple seconds and injection tiny bit then stop otherwise it stings. I don't rub it after as was told it bruises. But my stomach now is from purple to yellow in them. i do it stomach as it absorbs better their than anywhere else. I pinch inch of the fat, if you slightly lean forward stomach muscles go in. But I am getting close to hip area and will swap sides when the one side has no space. I have now more lose skin as post op swelling going down so I won't run out of places one time I am glad of fat on my tum!

@ Maggy and @Chill wishing you best for tomorrow :hugs:

Hope others went well on Tuesday?

@JakkiD what sort of dressing did you have?
I have this waterproof stuff on it's like a purple colour and not a traditional dressin as such.
The dressings were called mepore, just like a gauze with waterproof clear label over but theyre off now and the incision sights look better than I thought.

The dressings were called mepore, just like a gauze with waterproof clear label over but theyre off now and the incision sights look better than I thought.

Ah mine aren't like that. I've been able to see my incision sights all along. Mine is more of a waterproof clear purple sticker than just seems to be fading away. I've no stitches externally just glue.

Good luck @Chill !!!! I'm not even booking in until 11:30. I haven't even packed yet! Lol. But they did allow me to have a small breakfast so long as I did it before 7. Just finishing my last coffee and then I'll pack and panic
Make room for me on the bench. Hope it all goes well and easily, surgery twin. Xx

Hi @MrsN im doing ok, just fed up being a patient now, im not suffering with much pain now apart from around the area of the biggest wound, especially when I do too much, thinking im back to normal, I soon realise otherwise!! Fluids going down no problem, i manage about 1500mls I think, hope you are well :)

Hello there
Wow, sounds like you are getting on great. Pls can you let me know what fluids you were getting down and on what days?
I'm also interested to know if you feel weak? You know, that shaky feeling when you have not eaten or your sugar level plummets.....I hate that feeling.
Hx

@Chill @maggy best of luck to you both today!!
Looking forward to hearing all about it when you're on the other side.

Hi @Heidi C I try and focus on milk based mainly, I can manage slimfast type shakes if I add extra skimmed milk to make it less thick, and plenty of water with NAS cordial and a chicken bovril is lovely, constant sipping is a full time job. I only managed about 600 mls the first couple of days and warm were much easier to handle than cold. I havent had bags of energy obviously but ive not been weak and shaky, I think the 2 weeks LRD prior to surgery got my body a little ready for the shock, I felt worse then x

One week since surgery ... lost 3 lb yesterday that is 22lb in the last three weeks ... Feeling GREAT!!

Fantastic!! Well done Jeff. If you think you'll still be all swollen as well.

Back