• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Can not look back .. last Thursday was an extreme day .. Just gets better every day for me I am a quick healer

Good on you - love your positivity!

So when we move onto purée and then soft food I have to follow teams advice and not drink 30mins either side of eating for reasons I fully understand. But I'm presuming that doesn't matter in the liquid phase? E.g. I've been sipping NAS all morning and now having 200 MLS of blended chicken soup - but not left 30mins before. I've emailed dietician but not sure how quick the response will be.

Its better to train yourself not to do it ... so start now ..... but there is no problem as liquid will pass your stomach

Yep best to get used to not drinking while eating as early as you can. It's been a lifelong habit for me, so it's very difficult to change that, but need to.

HI all, just a quick update. SO had my op on Tuesday and everything went well, yesterday wasn,t so good recovery wise and i was quite sick for a while but am feeling sooo much better today .The endoscopy before the op wasnt nearly as bad as the one i had previously, though definitley something i never want to experience again! Managing to get some water down but not much and have had small amount chicken connsomme? Pain is minimal and im being looked after really well.Looking forward to going home tomorrow. Have lost track of who is having ops today but wish you Good luck.Will update when im home.

HI all, just a quick update. SO had my op on Tuesday and everything went well, yesterday wasn,t so good recovery wise and i was quite sick for a while but am feeling sooo much better today .The endoscopy before the op wasnt nearly as bad as the one i had previously, though definitley something i never want to experience again! Managing to get some water down but not much and have had small amount chicken connsomme? Pain is minimal and im being looked after really well.Looking forward to going home tomorrow. Have lost track of who is having ops today but wish you Good luck.Will update when im home.
Well done ... It only gets better!!

Hi Dolly.
Good to hear from you and welcome to the other side. Sorry to hear about the sickness - hopefully they've given you plenty of anti sick meds. I know I needed loads!
It's hard getting those fluids in the first few days but it does get easier.
Take good care of yourself.

Its better to train yourself not to do it ... so start now ..... but there is no problem as liquid will pass your stomach

Yep best to get used to not drinking while eating as early as you can. It's been a lifelong habit for me, so it's very difficult to change that, but need to.

Cool - I will work on it. @Nixon i think it will be one of my biggest challenges.

@MrsN It definitely will be for me, although luckily I don't need to worry about getting enough fluids as I can easily drink enough now. I think you'll find a lot of people who struggle with their weight also drink while eating. You can probably eat more that way, and also stretch your stomach if you like fizzy drinks.

That will be a hard one for me to give up, I loved drinking sugar free sodas.

@MrsN It definitely will be for me, although luckily I don't need to worry about getting enough fluids as I can easily drink enough now. I think you'll find a lot of people who struggle with their weight also drink while eating. You can probably eat more that way, and also stretch your stomach if you like fizzy drinks.

That will be a hard one for me to give up, I loved drinking sugar free sodas.

Snap. Addicted to Diet Coke. But I only had 2 cans during the whole pre op diet as a treat and I was so proud of myself. I'm really not missing it at the moment.

I've weaned myself off it, and will probably transition to coffee instead, especially with the cooler weather about now.

So how many calories are people managing post op?

@Nixon im not getting more than about 300 in at the moment. Maybe 350 at a push.

OMG I need flavour! Blended chicken and veg soup is so boring! I want to add spices but very wary. Considered getting some morrocan spiced soup and blending that.

It is all about getting enough protein for me having a gastric bypass .... co op ham and lentil soup at 55p a can low fat

@Nixon im not getting more than about 300 in at the moment. Maybe 350 at a push.

So you're getting about the same as me then, I think I'm around 400, but not feeling hungry or anything. I will start working on increasing that amount over the next few days before I return to work. I'm going to take bananas and stuff with me when I go back, in case of any low sugar issues.

Just did my injection in my belly, and man did it sting. I think I'll go back to the thighs.

So you're getting about the same as me then, I think I'm around 400, but not feeling hungry or anything. I will start working on increasing that amount over the next few days before I return to work. I'm going to take bananas and stuff with me when I go back, in case of any low sugar issues.

Just did my injection in my belly, and man did it sting. I think I'll go back to the thighs.

I've read quite a few diaries and seems a similar calorie intake in these first few weeks. It will increase when we move onto soft foods though maybe not purée as the amounts are so tiny!

I did this :) it was fine just test it first if you feel twinges then done continue x

I'm going to give it a go....I'm fine with the liquid phase but I still have taste buds!!

It is all about getting enough protein for me having a gastric bypass .... co op ham and lentil soup at 55p a can low fat

Yep been trying to source higher protein ones. Blitzing the life out of them and the consistency can be sucked through a straw no probs so all good there. I'll have a wander to the co-op tomorrow and try that one. Cheers.

Back