• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2015 Surgeries

Oh my god that's fantastic ohtobeskiny well done you I bet your feeling amazing, Xmas was good thanks had a few episodes of getting food stuck and feeling sorry for myself but I'm doing ok got another fill on Friday but don't think I'll need much more xxx

Happy New Year Anna! :)

Doing great here too - I'm now at just a smidge over 3 stone loss and heading towards being 3 clothes sizes down too. No real difficulties so far other than having to continue the stomach acid pills longer than anticipated. Gym induction tomorrow - joining to do pilates, aquafit and weights.

Getting food stuck sounds horrid! I had a note about that in my hospital release papers that made me laugh; the advice was to drink a little diet Pepsi as it was, and I quote, "like drain cleaner".

Hahahah! I'm not sure that's a good thing! I haven't had anything fizzy at all as I was warned never to touch it ever again - not sure if this was scaremongering or actual advice :)

I'm dreading my gym induction this evening :(

Happy New Year Anna! :)

Doing great here too - I'm now at just a smidge over 3 stone loss and heading towards being 3 clothes sizes down too. No real difficulties so far other than having to continue the stomach acid pills longer than anticipated. Gym induction tomorrow - joining to do pilates, aquafit and weights.

Getting food stuck sounds horrid! I had a note about that in my hospital release papers that made me laugh; the advice was to drink a little diet Pepsi as it was, and I quote, "like drain cleaner".

Hi hun gosh your doing well and exercise too iv decided to rejoin the gym in Feb when it goes a little quieter I'm just doing swimming at the min.
Lol I tried the fizzy pop it was an epic fail I just need to remember to chew more and break between each mouth xx

Slinky....you will do just fine, everyone will be too busy engaged in their own workouts and you will live it.

Had mild panic attack at the gym. My crazy brain decided that everyone there was fitter, thinner, smarter, sexier, nicer, happier than I am. And I convinced myself that everyone was looking at me and judging me. I know this is completely irrational and not true - but it didn't stop me from saying to my wife as we left "I'm never going back".

This has now passed and I'm ready to do some exercise and claim the gym! *cringe*

Had mild panic attack at the gym. My crazy brain decided that everyone there was fitter, thinner, smarter, sexier, nicer, happier than I am. And I convinced myself that everyone was looking at me and judging me. I know this is completely irrational and not true - but it didn't stop me from saying to my wife as we left "I'm never going back".

This has now passed and I'm ready to do some exercise and claim the gym! *cringe*

I've not been to the gym regularly since June when I was at my heaviest. The way I got through it was simply jamming in headphones, blasting music at myself and ignoring what was going on around me. I got to the point where I could do 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer with my eyes closed (literally) and keep my balance so I didn't even have to see the other people :D

Seriously, screw 'em. The fact that they're skinny doesn't mean they're fit. I know a few skinnies that have absolutely no stamina and get out of puff going up flights of stairs I have no issue with.

Well done for working your way through the thought process and being able to overcome this. I completely understand how you feel as I'd probably feel the same. But look at it rationally. The people already at the gym might be thinner and fitter, but only for now not for ever and thin-ness and fit-ness is within your reach if you persevere. The other things you mention - smarter, sexier, nicer, happier - well there's no way of truly knowing these things about anyone else but my bet is you're very much all of these. You've also got courage, determination, thoughtfulness and empathy in bucket loads. Anyone who knows your story should be impressed, not judgmental, and if they do judge you then they are really not nice people. Take Sundown's advice and ignore what's going on around you and see overcoming this initial feeling as a positive victory and an indication of how well you're doing.

Good luck
Potter x

Cheers guys - you're the reason I love this forum - the encouragement and support, no matter how daft the worries are. xx

Hiya Slinky, I used to go mega early 6.30am and its fairly quiet where I live that time of day. It seems to be focused body builders, rehabilitation people after surgery and people on way to work all shapes. I am going to commit to the gym myself at the end if the month. Keep going lovely

Hello everyone

How's all the October surgeries getting on?? Hope everyone is happy and well,
I've got 7mls in my 10ml band so far and now struggle with certain foods but I'm 4 stone 12 lighter so not doing too bad,
But feel it's a really slow journey and want to be thin now haha xx

Hi Lisa wow your doing fantastic,it is slow but at least our skin can catch up with us shrinking lol.
I'm going to call and book another fill next week I feel ready for one now can't believe it's been almost six month xx

How many mls are in your band Anna? I'm on 7mls I'm due a dietician call Wednesday so see what they say I'm not sure if I need a full or not xx

I'm upto 6.5 mls now so fingers crossed I'm very close but think the fat around the band must of reduced as I'm eating a bit more than before xx

The dietician said to me that as you lose you could need fills because you may start being able to eat more I'm not understanding it really but I am now needing to do the 20/20 rule or food gets stuck whereas before I didn't have to follow Anna but I think you will notice the difference with your next fill I did when I got that last half ml to make it 7mls xx

Yeah I was told the same hun so fingers crossed, I go on holiday in may and had this image I'd be looking great but I'm in a size 18 and feel huge still so need to really get into it xx

Anna
How much have you lost already ? You have a band fitted , that's what I am just about to have also ..
I'd love to be a size 18 or even a 20 :) At least your going to be ok on the plane as in seatbelt etc that's some thing I'm looking forward to greatly , being able to walk onto a plane and fit in the seat and be able to have the tray full down and not on a tilt ..
Mindy
Xxx

Hi mindy yeah Im looking forward to not having to ask for the seatbelt extension and to fold the tray down,I had a band fitted October 5th last year at consultation I weighed 21st 3 size 22/24 I now weigh 17st 7 size 18/20 depending on where I shop so yes I am going well think you go through so many different emotions right now I want it to be a faster process but I know I'd hate the sagging skin more if it came of to soon, I'm just a lot more concious of the way I look now than I did before normally I'd wear a bikini on holiday and not worry about how I looked but I'm more aware now of my image now and think it will be tankinis this year, when is your op? Xx

Back