• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2015 Surgeries

I'm having a banded sleeve gastrectomy in spir hospital in southampton with Dr. Micheal Bossche. I hope to pass op and hug my daughter!!

Good luck Sundown - keep us posted with your progress and how the op goes xx

How are you feeling now Sophina?

lol tell me about - mine is in 7 days and the reality of it has really hit me. I keep thinking 'this time next week'. Currently, this time next week I'll be out of surgery a few hours and I'm guessing feeling tired and pretty cruddy! lol
Me too!
What surgery are you having and where?

Hey Sundown,

I'm ok thanks but my advice to everyone post op is to seriously take it easy.

I underestimated how delicate I'd feel and tired!! I'm still having a nap in the day but definitely noticing an improvement 6 days down the line!

I haven't been out of the house yet though, I'm just trying to get as much rest as I can whenever I can especially with 2 young children!

How are you doing?! Xxx

I'm ok thanks but my advice to everyone post op is to seriously take it easy.

I underestimated how delicate I'd feel and tired!! I'm still having a nap in the day but definitely noticing an improvement 6 days down the line!

I haven't been out of the house yet though, I'm just trying to get as much rest as I can whenever I can especially with 2 young children!

How are you doing?! Xxx

I'm booked for 25 October:) eek. hope everyones surgeries went well.... and you're all recovering well.
Taking it easy is very sensible, you do right Sophina.

I've only booked one week off work though...

I'll have to see how it goes.. good luck to you all x

Just wanted to say good luck to all having their surgeries for the rest of this month :) and definitely rest up afterwards

Hi Lisa, I just wanted to send my best wishes to you for tomorrow. I was in your shoes only 4 days ago so know exactly how you are feeling. I hope you have a better nights sleep than I did lol. Keep us posted with how you are and ask all the questions you need to. I'm asking absurd things every day haha!! Will be thinking of you xxxx

Thanks so much Sophina I slept good but was half an hour late arriving at Dolan park the sat Nav sent us back where we had come from me and my mate are no good with sat navs she was driving me and I think I got rid of my nerves panicking over being late I rang up and explained I was running late and they was fine about it,
Anyway when I arrived and seen how nice the hospital was and the staff was all friendly I wasn't worried or nervous, As soon as I met Mr Super I was pleased I had made the right decision about want him as my surgeon he was lovely very polite and I could sense I was in good hands!
All in all I was out my room 1 hr 15 mins getting banded and in recovery and mr super told me my op would take 20 mins approx I'm so pleased as I felt really looked after well and was allowed home about 6 hrs later but discovered today someone else's clinical notebook had been given to me along with mine silly mistake but it's a mans with his address DOB banding date and barcode for his band etc so really shouldn't of been given to me by the nurse with my paperwork as its a breach of confidentiality and data protection, I've rang the hospital who didn't seem that bothered just asked when my appointment at clinic was and could I bring it or post it back to them!! The poor man won't have any paper work in the meantime tho xx

Uh oh. Started feeling a bit crappy in the night; woke up with aching muscles and a headache and now seem to have a full blown cold lurgy! I'm due my op on Tuesday so I'm hoping to hell I can get rid of this over the weekend - other half has run out and got me every conceivable type of cold and flu med, plus vitamins. I hope to christ they'll operate, I can't find any mention of what happens if they can't in the paperwork from my provider which now has me in a panic that I could lose nearly ten grand if they won't do the op!

I hope it will be ok Sundown. I had my pre op assessment last night and they asked if I had had flu in the last 10 days... well I'm still getting over a bad cold... which I told them .. but it seemed ok.
Hope you feel better soon. I'm still dosing myself up! x

Just got back from having my stitches out, all good and healing nicely - one happy bunny :D

Uh oh. Started feeling a bit crappy in the night; woke up with aching muscles and a headache and now seem to have a full blown cold lurgy! I'm due my op on Tuesday so I'm hoping to hell I can get rid of this over the weekend - other half has run out and got me every conceivable type of cold and flu med, plus vitamins. I hope to christ they'll operate, I can't find any mention of what happens if they can't in the paperwork from my provider which now has me in a panic that I could lose nearly ten grand if they won't do the op!

My op is meant to be on Wednesday. I have had a cold since Monday I now have laryngitis ?.
Hope you get better soon.

It must be cold season BM! What a pain. Hope you feel better soon too!

It must be cold season BM! What a pain. Hope you feel better soon too!

My daughters a GP and I have driven her crazy asking what's the best thing to do to get rid of this cold. She has told me it just has to take its own course, all of the cold remedies just make you feel better they don't actually make the virus go any quicker. She said it's more important to not get stressed as that suppresses the immune system.

Oh wow it must be going round! I have a stinking cold too. I wonder if it's exacerbated by our very low calorie diet?! My op is on Monday 26th so fingers crossed it will have passed by then! x

My daughters a GP and I have driven her crazy asking what's the best thing to do to get rid of this cold. She has told me it just has to take its own course, all of the cold remedies just make you feel better they don't actually make the virus go any quicker. She said it's more important to not get stressed as that suppresses the immune system.

I feel like I'm keeping it at bay at the moment. I'm taking a multi-vit, Beechams flu plus stuff, echinacea and high strength Vit C. It's certainly making me feel better at any rate!

Just to add insult to injury, periods started a week early so I'm cold ridden and ruddy crampy. Still, better now than next week when I'm sore anyway.

How are the rest of you ladies doing?

I feel like I'm keeping it at bay at the moment. I'm taking a multi-vit, Beechams flu plus stuff, echinacea and high strength Vit C. It's certainly making me feel better at any rate! Just to add insult to injury, periods started a week early so I'm cold ridden and ruddy crampy. Still, better now than next week when I'm sore anyway. How are the rest of you ladies doing?

Just got back from shopping for hospital things and soup, milk drinks etc. My throat is now sore again ? I don't think this op is going to happen on Wednesday.

Just got back from shopping for hospital things and soup, milk drinks etc. My throat is now sore again ? I don't think this op is going to happen on Wednesday.

Yah I know what you mean. I'm terrified they'll call it off! I'm not snotty or having difficulty breathing so I'm hoping that will get me over the finishing line. It's more sore throat, headache, muscle aches and generally feeling bleurgh.

Yah I know what you mean. I'm terrified they'll call it off! I'm not snotty or having difficulty breathing so I'm hoping that will get me over the finishing line. It's more sore throat, headache, muscle aches and generally feeling bleurgh.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. X

Back