• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2015 Surgeries

Week 1 of pre-op done and I've lost 14lbs! Hopefully some of that is off my liver :D So a week today and I will be in for my surgery - very excited! x

Week 1 of pre-op done and I've lost 14lbs! Hopefully some of that is off my liver :D So a week today and I will be in for my surgery - very excited! x

That's fantastic - well done!

Hi all, I had my Bypass on Friday and got home last night, still feeling very sore as the doc also stitched together some muscle (that had torn due to pregnancies),
does anyone know what happens to our wounds, I haven't been told when or if the dressing should be changed

Hi all, I had my Bypass on Friday and got home last night, still feeling very sore as the doc also stitched together some muscle (that had torn due to pregnancies), does anyone know what happens to our wounds, I haven't been told when or if the dressing should be changed

Hiya Nic,

Congrats on your surgery!!

Are they dissolvable stitches with dressings on?! X

i think they might be

Ok will that's the same as me then.

I was given 5 replacement dressings which I changed after 5 days, then left them on for a further 5 days.

After the full 10 days I was told to take them off, and wear a loose top so they can continue to heal.

I am allowed to get them wet and pat dry!

Hope this helps x

Ok will that's the same as me then.

I was given 5 replacement dressings which I changed after 5 days, then left them on for a further 5 days.

After the full 10 days I was told to take them off, and wear a loose top so they can continue to heal.

I am allowed to get them wet and pat dry!

Hope this helps x
Thank you, they didn't give me any replacement dressings on discharge so i will chase them up on that tomorrow.

Well it's my turn tomorrow! Admission at noon so an early off. Pretty bloody nervous. Eek!

Oh gosh how exciting try not to get to nervous I know it's hard but try, you will be fine I'm sure.
Where are you having your op? Xx

Good luck Sundown, I'm sure you'll be fine

Oh gosh how exciting try not to get to nervous I know it's hard but try, you will be fine I'm sure. Where are you having your op? Xx

Spire Southampton :)

Good luck Sundown keep me posted how you are I'm looking forward to Mr Byrnes secretary calling me with a date!

Well I'm all packed up and about to leave for Southampton. Absolutely crapping myself! I didn't sleep at all last night, just led there going through all the possible catastrophic scenarios there are and even woke my chap up to tell him that if I died, he must remember to get my dog out of kennels and promise to look after her. He wasn't amused :eek:

Well - wish me luck all.

Good luck Hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back