• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2015 Surgeries

So is anyone else due to go under the knife in Oct on their pre-op diets yet? If so, how are you going and which did you get? :)
Surgery is on 21 October.
Milk diet is going OK, day 4 and I have lost 7lb. But I had a sore throat for three day, that's gone now I have a stuffy nose. Worried the op will get cancelled.

It's ok you still a week or so it will go before then.....good luck X x

I'm having surgery tomorrow and I did a diet of 3 meal replacement shakes and min 2 litres of water per day xxx

Good luck for tomorrow X X X

I'm having surgery tomorrow and I did a diet of 3 meal replacement shakes and min 2 litres of water per day xxx

Very best of luck with it! And well done on sticking to shakes for 2 weeks. That's commitment! :)

Surgery is on 21 October.
Milk diet is going OK, day 4 and I have lost 7lb. But I had a sore throat for three day, that's gone now I have a stuffy nose. Worried the op will get cancelled.

That's a great loss! I did consider the milk one but I'm not that keen on milk so the thought of nothing but turned my stomach a bit. I'm 5 days in and 5lbs down at the moment. Hoping my liver is shrinking away! :)

Is anybody else getting banded in Dolan park on Wednesday 14th October? I'm getting my band there on Wednesday afternoon,
I'm on day 11 of my pre op diet I'm doing fine on it but I'm doing the solids so weighing everything out but enjoying doing it and seeing the weight come off I've been dieting for a month now and lost 2 stone so far,
I just hope my liver is shrunk enough.

Well done Lisa, your liver will be spot on!! Good luck for Weds xx

Aww Thank you Sophina really hope so, been having these panics that they are gonna take a look at my liver and abandon surgery think I'm just over worrying lol,
I got a call from the hospital saying my surgery will be in the afternoon so I can drink water until 11am and food from pre op diet until 7am also I don't have to be at the hospital until 9am the surgeon is starting at 1 so I will be waiting and worrying all morning lol was so hoping for a morning op to get it over and done with but as long as it goes ahead I will be happy xx

Just got a phone call - they've moved my surgery date to Monday 26 October so I have to start my pre-op diet right now! I had a mad panic as I had breakfast but they told me to stop panicking, it would all be ok, my liver will be small and it will all go ahead! So yay! Two weeks today!

Just got a phone call - they've moved my surgery date to Monday 26 October so I have to start my pre-op diet right now! I had a mad panic as I had breakfast but they told me to stop panicking, it would all be ok, my liver will be small and it will all go ahead! So yay! Two weeks today!

Aww that's brilliant news Ohtobeslinky bet you can't wait to get on the losers bench x

Wonderful news! :) Not long to go hey.

It suddenly feels very real. Really really real. Eeeep! Xx

It suddenly feels very real. Really really real. Eeeep! Xx

lol tell me about - mine is in 7 days and the reality of it has really hit me. I keep thinking 'this time next week'. Currently, this time next week I'll be out of surgery a few hours and I'm guessing feeling tired and pretty cruddy! lol

Good luck for next week Sundown, and yes you will be feeling very tired for the rest of the day you have your op :)

Aww Thank you Sophina really hope so, been having these panics that they are gonna take a look at my liver and abandon surgery think I'm just over worrying lol, I got a call from the hospital saying my surgery will be in the afternoon so I can drink water until 11am and food from pre op diet until 7am also I don't have to be at the hospital until 9am the surgeon is starting at 1 so I will be waiting and worrying all morning lol was so hoping for a morning op to get it over and done with but as long as it goes ahead I will be happy xx

Hi Lisa,

I just wanted to send my best wishes to you for tomorrow.
I was in your shoes only 4 days ago so know exactly how you are feeling. I hope you have a better nights sleep than I did lol.

Keep us posted with how you are and ask all the questions you need to. I'm asking absurd things every day haha!!

Will be thinking of you xxxx

Back