• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2015 Surgeries

Just want to wish everyone having surgery in October the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

X

Thank you Chrissy xx

Thanks Chrissy - I can't wait - mine seems so far away - I think I'm going to be the last one of us lot in October x

Well I'm hoping to be October but haven't got a date yet even though my pre op was almost a month ago! I'm so impatient

Hello Caz, I see you're having surgery at Salford Royal in October.
My hubby is waiting for a letter to go for pre op apt, he is taking it in his stride at the moment, but I am anxious, do you know how long it takes once we have the pre op apt until given a surgery date? The dietician we saw at the last apt was unable to say, but said it could be before Christmas, I guess it depends on the pre op apt timing.
I have so many un answered questions spinning round my mind! I'm sure it is the uncertainty of dates, hopefully things will be much clearer after the pre op appt.
Wishing you all the best for your surgery & beyond.

Hello Caz, I see you're having surgery at Salford Royal in October. My hubby is waiting for a letter to go for pre op apt, he is taking it in his stride at the moment, but I am anxious, do you know how long it takes once we have the pre op apt until given a surgery date? The dietician we saw at the last apt was unable to say, but said it could be before Christmas, I guess it depends on the pre op apt timing. I have so many un answered questions spinning round my mind! I'm sure it is the uncertainty of dates, hopefully things will be much clearer after the pre op appt. Wishing you all the best for your surgery & beyond.

Hiya

I had my pre op 4th sept so will be 4 weeks this Friday and still haven't had any date yet! I was hoping it is going to be in October as the surgeon said it would be a 2-3 month wait and that was back in July! I'm going to give them a call tomorrow as it's October then.
Which surgeon is your hubby seeing?
Wishing him all the best in his surgery and the road ahead for you both xx

Oh well doesn't look like I'm going to be an October surgery!! As I rang the surgeons secretary and she was saying that they have been cancelling people's ops and she doesn't want to give me a date then have to cancel it, she also said that it may get November/December time!! I'm fed up of waiting now seems like I'm never gonna get there feeling very down now!

Oh well doesn't look like I'm going to be an October surgery!! As I rang the surgeons secretary and she was saying that they have been cancelling people's ops and she doesn't want to give me a date then have to cancel it, she also said that it may get November/December time!! I'm fed up of waiting now seems like I'm never gonna get there feeling very down now!

Aww Caz sorry to hear that! There's nothing worse than waiting and waiting and not knowing when or how long it will be for something that's so important to you, Hope they give u a date soon and stick to the date, It just makes you feel let down but try and stay positive and hope time goes fast for your surgery date xx

Aww Caz sorry to hear that! There's nothing worse than waiting and waiting and not knowing when or how long it will be for something that's so important to you, Hope they give u a date soon and stick to the date, It just makes you feel let down but try and stay positive and hope time goes fast for your surgery date xx

Thanks Lisa,

At least I can say 2016 will be my year! Lol
Got to start a low cal diet at the end of the month to see if there are any cancellations, so I've got everything crossed now xx

Good luck Caz, fingers crossed

Another October surgery here!

I'm having the mini gastric bypass at Spire Southampton on 20th October. I've got my pre-op tests down there tomorrow and start the pre-op diet on Monday.

I've been given a diet that seems to be high protein/low fat - up to 4 eggs a day, 8oz chicken or fish, spinach/broccoli, clear soup and 2 small pieces of fruit a day plus black tea/coffee. I've been told I can use herbs/spices, but no dairy, cooking oil or anything like that. I'll be ruddy clucking by the surgery day! :D

Another October surgery here! I'm having the mini gastric bypass at Spire Southampton on 20th October. I've got my pre-op tests down there tomorrow and start the pre-op diet on Monday. I've been given a diet that seems to be high protein/low fat - up to 4 eggs a day, 8oz chicken or fish, spinach/broccoli, clear soup and 2 small pieces of fruit a day plus black tea/coffee. I've been told I can use herbs/spices, but no dairy, cooking oil or anything like that. I'll be ruddy clucking by the surgery day! :D
Hi Sundown I'm on day 2 of my pre op diet mines low carb but different to yours, think each surgeon can differ I'm being banded in Dolan park in Birmingham on 14th October good luck with your weight loss surgery keep us updated xxx

Last edited:
Another October surgery here! I'm having the mini gastric bypass at Spire Southampton on 20th October. I've got my pre-op tests down there tomorrow and start the pre-op diet on Monday. I've been given a diet that seems to be high protein/low fat - up to 4 eggs a day, 8oz chicken or fish, spinach/broccoli, clear soup and 2 small pieces of fruit a day plus black tea/coffee. I've been told I can use herbs/spices, but no dairy, cooking oil or anything like that. I'll be ruddy clucking by the surgery day! :D

Who is your surgeon? This looks like the pre op I was given.

Back