• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only 7 days to go :)))

sounds silly but for crisp addicts try pombears only 77 calories and gluten free i have them on my diet and they melt in the mouth

Update on how I'm getting on.. Saw dietician who advised I up my fluid intake and cut out potato and pasta and have lost 7lb this week!!! Still have some old habits creeping in especially crisp.. Funny though I've not craved chocolate or sweet stuff at all, although I've developed an unhealthy attachment to chicken nuggets, god knows why as they are not something I ate before!! Daughter had chippy today and I had a chip and by the time I'd chewed it I had to spit it out as it just tasted of oil :( not something I will be in a hurry to try again!! The hair loss is now getting worse and my hair is really fine anyway.. Really hoping it stops soon or I'm gonna have to have it cut short. Advise on how long the hair loss goes on for would be good. ?

I must admit I just don't eat anything crisp like at all now I just keep thinking empty calories :eek: and see them as such a waste when I can go get a piece of fruit etc and feel better for it. Hubby has his stash but to be honest they don't even whisper to me no. My dietician is also potato/pasta negative but I don't have a huge desire for them anyway and if and when I do put potatoes on my plate I just put one very small potato on.
On the hair thing mine thinned over the course of several months and at one point was coming out in handfuls!. Like yours my hair is very fine but thankfully I had a lot so it didn't show too much really but I did have to get it cut short as it was looking tatty no matter what I tried. Best decision my hairdresser made me take :).
Cat you have come so far and done so well ...great work hun:)

Thanks Frankie, good advice as always :)

This is a whole lot harder than I ever dreamed it would be, but I wouldn't make a different decision if I had the choice again.. Hope your feeling better xx

It's a bloody hard slog hun there's no denying it but like you I'm not regretting it one bit.
Yes I'm feeling loads better too hun although granddaughter has yet another cough n cold :sigh: Now all I have to do is resist kissing her ...impossibility

Woop woop weight today is 17st 13lb :) BMI has gone from 53 to 38.8 weight loss has been quite slow but exactly 5 stone off since op on 30th October 2013.. Problem I'm having is I'm tired all the time and my hair is still shedding, B12 isn't due till early May so think I may need to visit GP for some bloods. Thought I would of had my next hospital appointment through by now. I know from reading posts this is all completely normal. How is everyone else getting on? Xx

Woop woop weight today is 17st 13lb :) BMI has gone from 53 to 38.8 weight loss has been quite slow but exactly 5 stone off since op on 30th October 2013.. Problem I'm having is I'm tired all the time and my hair is still shedding, B12 isn't due till early May so think I may need to visit GP for some bloods. Thought I would of had my next hospital appointment through by now. I know from reading posts this is all completely normal. How is everyone else getting on? Xx

Hi Cat, when I spoke to the Dietician last week, she mentioned hair loss and she said hair losses today would be as a result of nutrition about 2 months ago, so you can't change it quickly. It could even have been from straight after your surgery or when you started introducing more foods. Hopefully it'll start coming back soon. I think you can get hair and nail suppliments from shops like Holland and Barrett. xx

im sure a lot have bought protein powder to take to help with the hair loss but congrats on such an amazing loss your doing great

How funny, I reached 5 stone today too! Feels so good doesn't it, I'm down to loosing a pound a week now so slow progress but progress none the less.

Hi Cat, I'm doing ok quite under the weather with a chest infection plus last week I had a nightmare of a dental episode.... But the sleeves great 10 weeks out and down 3.5 stone since the op eating anything and everything just teeny weeny portions. Meant to go the support group but was too unwell seems like there's always something. How's you Cat ? Xx

Am good ta.. Same with the group, something always comes up to stop me going!! I'm gonna make an effort in April though and get my ass there.. Sorry to hear your not well, but your weight loss is amazing :) hope your on the mend soon xx

Well thought I'd better update... I have only lost 2Lb in the last few weeks, I really don't like these stalls. I wish I would of measured myself though as I think the inch loss would spur me on. I'm still really tired all the time, and when I have a day off I could literally sleep the day away. On the plus side I went to Drayton Manor last week, and even went on some of the rides! I was still to afraid to go on any ride with a harness incase I had to get off in front of everyone. My B12 is due in a week and I can always tell as I get a really sore tongue and my bones hurt, some of the symptoms I had when I was diagnosed with Pernicious anaemia a few years back. How is everyone else doing? I've been reading a lot on here over the last few weeks as it helps to keep me motivated when I'm struggling.

Well thought I'd better update... I have only lost 2Lb in the last few weeks, I really don't like these stalls. I wish I would of measured myself though as I think the inch loss would spur me on. I'm still really tired all the time, and when I have a day off I could literally sleep the day away. On the plus side I went to Drayton Manor last week, and even went on some of the rides! I was still to afraid to go on any ride with a harness incase I had to get off in front of everyone. My B12 is due in a week and I can always tell as I get a really sore tongue and my bones hurt, some of the symptoms I had when I was diagnosed with Pernicious anaemia a few years back. How is everyone else doing? I've been reading a lot on here over the last few weeks as it helps to keep me motivated when I'm struggling.
you seem to be doing ok what sort of foods you eating? I have tried pasta and rice kept trying those foods,but my new pouch does not like those foods.
I've noticed bread gives me the worst pain,keep up loseing the Ibs it all helps.
BBB

you seem to be doing ok what sort of foods you eating? I have tried pasta and rice kept trying those foods,but my new pouch does not like those foods. I've noticed bread gives me the worst pain,keep up loseing the Ibs it all helps. BBB

Hello BBB, how are you getting on?

I can eat most things in small amounts, struggle with rice, white bread, some meats, peas, grapes, oranges, and I dump with excessive sugar and fats. Have only tried Alcohol once and that was Christmas Day, got sozzled on one glass of wine. Problem I've got is old habits creeping back in especially crisps.
I've lost 5st that I wouldn't of lost without the bypass but am scared that I'm gonna put it back on. I need to work on my confidence and try and get in the gym, as other than walking I don't really get any exercise, I'm scared that people will make horrible comments. How are you finding things? Is it becoming more difficult for you too? Xx

Hi Cat, nice to see your post. I'm getting lazy haven't been to the gym in a month just too tired and have dizzy spells. It took me all my bottle to join at my biggest but I go to the local council gyms and there is such a diverse group of users I immediately felt at ease my first blast on the cross trainer I had a 74 year old lady next to me and the other a lovely man with downs. But at the back the local football team had a few players lifting weights ( phawoor) . It's there for everyone and everyone it is so lovely they just encourage you. I avoided the premium fitness clubs for that reason . Just jump feet first where about in Nottingham are you? Xx

Back