• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

Swings and roundabout ;)
Well done on the weight loss!

Have you surfaced yet or are you still keeping him captive :)

Oh I only saw him on Thursday, he was at his mum's this weekend. I went and looked after the cat and baked him a cake. But just nothing else to report I'm afraid! We went for an amazing meal at this Mexican cafe. I had a naked burrito (burrito with no tortilla) and ate everything apart from the rice. Absolutely delicious!!

I've been trying to eat more things recently but I'm finding I'm just not interested. Or I'm out of those habits. Yesterday I wanted a bacon sandwich for breakfast but I just couldn't face eating bread (after I'd had toast and peanut butter the night before). I feel so guilty. I did eat a slice of cake though, and a few jelly babies. This morning I weighed and I've lost another 3lb since last weigh in. 20lb to my goal of a healthy BMI. I might have to take drastic measures and try pizza tonight. I'm now a size 14 which don't get me wrong is great, I'm not being ungrateful. But I'm not even trying here. And so I think I need to try to up my cals through bad food because I just don't get enough volume in to reach an intake where I can maintain.

In other news, I agreed to go on a canoe trip with my friends August bank hol! WHO AM I

Oh and I don't think I mentioned... I quit my job two weeks ago :)

The canoe trip and being a size 14 sound great though. And what the plan work wise? You sound happy to have quit :)

This is a major part of why I had the surgery in the first place: to quit, move back to my hometown and start having a life! I wanted to look presentable in interviews so I lost the weight. So now I'm 90% there: when I go on interviews I'll look good and not be dismissed on first sight, I have my little house in my hometown which I'm getting done up to move into, getting this one done up to sell, quit my job, and now I'm getting a life!! All in a year.

It's a week now to my surgiversary. I've lost over 14st and am now in the 12s. It's completely changed my life for the better. I feel confident, excited about my future, loving the clothes! There are downsides obv: hair, skin etc. But overall I'm really happy I did it. I do worry about losing too much weight but I'll put that effort in to eat more. I feel like a new person and that I'm getting used to a new life: I always thought I couldn't do stuff due to my size so now I'm like: there's nothing holding me back! I want to get a bike. I want to go on holiday. I want to walk for miles. No idea if I can, but I want to try and push my boundaries. I can't wait to move home where no one knows who I was before. I want to reconnect with all my old friends who I've been too ashamed to keep in touch with.

So happy!!!

Your weight loss is amazing , but like you say it's dropping off to fast and your worried
You need to go and get some protein whey ( yes I swear by the stuff ) .. You can pick it up in Home Bargains , if you have one near you .. If not online or Holland and Barratts .. It's healthy , good for you , and will slow the weight loss down if that's what you need to do .. Give it a go as an extra milky drink during the day or at night , even 2 if you can manage it .. It will slip through your tummy with no problem and give you an extra shot of energy without dojng you harm
My fear is by eating the junk food again I would break my healthy eating and slip back into my old ways .. That's why I havnt touched anything naughty as of yet ..
Mindy
Xxx

You've done amazingly well :)

Well I resisted the pizza... However I cooked another cake yesterday and ate some then threw the rest away. Also had an ice cream. Cooked some low fat sausages to nibble on, partook in the leftover meeting food at work, now cooking a jacket spud. I may have fainted again on Sunday morning, I'm not sure... I got up at 4am and woke up face down on the bathroom floor with a big lump on my forehead! I had forgotten to take my iron tablets for a few days and it was totm so if I did faint it was probably for that reason. Or I just decided to sleep on the bathroom floor? Who knows! Making a proper effort to eat more though. Went for a walk last night which was ground breaking. Not far, but I would have driven it last year! Wanted to go tonight as well but naturally this morning I stubbed my toe, which has now swelled to twice its size and gone purple. Every time I try and do something healthy I damage myself!!

Oh no ! Waking up on bathroom floor not good young lady ( wags fingers ) .. Happened to me only once , I was totally plastered though :)
Maybe you should get a check up at the docs Hun .. Maybe a blood test ? You might be a little anaemic and if you are then home iron vits will not solve it .. So please think about it ..next time you may very well hurt yourself more dramatically ..
Enough nagging from me ..

Do you ever drink protein drinks ? Maybe a complan or build up drink every other day just might give you the lift you need .. I use these on my youngest often .. She gets herself so busy with new projects that she will not look after herself and she can be on the very thin side if not caught in time and she becomes weak and finds it hard to focus and a little unsteady.. So I end up putting her together a care package of high protein foods that she can grab at any time , complan drinks and peanut butter are high on that list .. If I can go for a weekend to her I make a complan shake up with banana and good spoon of peanut butter and shove it in her hand .. Once we get her appetite up and running again she eats for England for a few months .. She's 5ft 10 and weighs about 10st normally so she doesn't have a lot of weight to play with ..

This is why I suggested to you about the protein drinks , as it seems you and her have the same symptoms at times ..
Make an old woman happy and try it for a while please ! ? :)
Ok enough from me :):):)
Mindy
Xxxx

Ta Mindy :) I have some complan from the post surgery days, and also some dried milk I could add to my yoghurts. I'm going to try and eat like a normal person for a week and see how I go. Bought lots of chicken and stuff this week, and will aim to eat breakfast. The sausages worked well for random nibbles and brekkie this morning so will cook more tomorrow!

If I did faint it must be the lack of iron. I certainly didn't under eat this weekend. I don't feel ill or sluggish, I was really tired on Sunday after my busy Saturday! I'll just have to ensure I keep the protein up if I'm exercising more. I would love to swim as much as possible but I'm too wobbly for a public pool so I rent out a private one in my hometown. A whole pool, just for me! Went last year a few times and just loved it so much. Perhaps once I've finished work I'll join a gym in my hometown and try to tone up. Excited!!

For the record I don't think I fainted. Last time I did (first time I did) I came over all hot and with ringing in my ears... I don't remember any of that this time. Just thought "oh it would be a good idea to lie on the floor" I just can't remember getting there or why I thought it! Perhaps I was sleep-banging-head-on-floor! Head still bumpy but no bruise!

I don't like the sound of head bumps or bruised toes :( I snap my toes fairly frequently and it could possibly be broken if it's so swollen. Have you splinted it using the next toe? That normally helps with the pain whether it's broken or not. This time last year I ended up with a broken toe joint and in a boot for 3 months after trying a dance game with my youngest so I know what you mean about damaging yourself trying to be healthier ;)

Whether you fainted or fell asleep suddenly on the bathroom floor you should check it out with your GP especially if you're feeling exhausted anyway. Hopefully it's something that can be addressed quickly but waking up with unexplained bumps to the head isn't any fun!

Yeah I've broken toes quite often. Never needed a splint or anything though! I'm obviously a clumsy person :) toes I can handle. At least I can still walk and drive. It's when I damage my actual foot or ankle that I take objection to!

I'll go to the dr when I move home. I'll have to stock up on inhalers and hayfever tablets anyway. Won't be able to afford to buy them privately when unemployed!!

Outfit for next mm! You can't see but the skirt is all sequins. Need new shoes (my EEE width ones are all too big now. Disaster) and new top. Allo allo innit. Ooh la la!

That's a super cute outfit .. You hair is very very pretty :)

Back