• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

NSV time!

The boy and I went for a walk today. I thought we were going to look at some viaduct. No. We were to walk down these really steep steps, through some fields, talk to some cows, walk over this bridge through these really skinny wall things, then ascend up this muddy, stoney, really steep trail for must have been half a mile. All upwards. I didn't die!! I was out of breath at the top but could still hold a conversation. So proud of myself!!!

No way could I have done that a few months ago. No way would I have fit through those skinny wall things.

I really enjoyed it, though I did tell him he was obviously trying to kill me. He goes running and cycling all the time and thought nothing of this trail. I'll attach a pic. We walked down from the top house to where I took the pic and then up again!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
Another NSV. I did the deed and rejoined Facebook. I've been off for about three years, as I didn't want anyone to see me and I felt I had nothing positive to share with anyone. I just felt so rubbish. I did rejoin last year as it was the only way I could see the mm pics when they're uploaded. But I was under a false name so I couldn't be found.

Yesterday I took the plunge and changed my name, got some friends and uploaded a photo. I've since made plans to meet up with five old friends, including two from school!! I'm just not scared anymore of people seeing me. I'm so excited to meet up with these people. Life begins!!!

Oh also have been baking again. A gooseberry cake last night. I'm going to throw it away but it tastes really good! I've been splurging for a couple of weeks as an experiment. Well not splurging as such, but eating what I want. I can't eat heavy or oily things like chocolate or regular crisps (I'm ok with baked ones like Skips) but I've been having the odd biscuit. And making the odd cake but not eating a lot of it! I've had jackets and last night had a sandwich for tea with mayo. So letting in the carbs but not going mad.

I can't weigh myself at home at the mo as my decorator is in getting the house ready for sale and my scales are in the kitchen. However when I'm home this weekend I'll see what the difference is.

Yeah ! I'm excited for you ! Oh to be in the throws of early relationship .. Bonking each other senseless and feeling those butterfly's .. Sigh .. I'm very envious ..
Have fun !

oh hell yes!

Yes indeedy do ! It's the law !

Would be rude not to

I still love him an inappropriate amount. He's contacted me every day for non work-related reasons since I told him I'm leaving. After a small giggly chat today I had a small breakdown (head on desk for several minutes), but got over it in a matter of just a couple of hours. Will try and keep it together this time when he comes in!

Life will be much less complicated once I leave!!

Well I have the cutest skirt to wear for work crush's visit. Wearing it today for the first time. Yes it might technically be a little small on the hips but if I stop eating food until 18th it should fit properly!! Also wearing heels to work for the first time in forever. Like probably 10 years. I wanted the boy to think I always look glam for work whereas in fact 1) I tend to show up in a fleece and plimsolls and no makeup on, and 2) he was still in bed when I left and didn't even see the outfit!!

I need to stop eating out and enjoying myself. Grandma's bday meal on sat ended up as Chinese at home due to farce at restaurant. I hadn't eaten Chinese since the op so went for king prawns in water chestnuts and bamboo, the leanest and blandest thing I could think of. I ate half (all the prawns) and it was totally fine.

Last night was night 1 of hotel with boy. We went to an Italian which I wasn't overly keen on because of all the pasta, but I had a starter of aubergine and tomato sauce (asked them to leave off the cheese) and then lasagne which was so pasta filled I took it apart and picked out the meat. I was soooo full.

This morning I left the hotel at 7 as it's a 40 mile drive to the office. I couldn't bring my usual yoghurt so bought a raspberry granola pot from the restaurant for breakfast and omg I dumped. In the office. Totally fell asleep at my desk. Doh!! Thankfully it's Independence Day in the US so I have no calls and it's all very quiet today and tomorrow. Feeling better now but no more bad food!! We're going out to another restaurant tonight. I want just a cucumber or sommat.

Confession: yesterday afternoon I consumed a chocolate eclair. The icing was a bit rich but it was sooooo good. I didn't dump. How can I dump off granola and not a chocolate eclair I ask you?! I also dump off weetabix and alpen. Perhaps all oaty grainy muesli things are out. But cream cakes no issue? I wish I knew how the body works!!

Granola .... Honey? Honey seems to have that effect on me if I have too much

No honey, it might have been the compote at the bottom though!

It was South Indian food last night. Got a taster thing to share so nibbled a bit of everything but didn't overeat. It was gorgeous. Afterwards we went to a park to walk it off and another NSV - we went to play on the swingy bits. I avoided the slide as was scared I'd get stuck. But I did try the swingy thing which involved climbing up some metal thing and swinging on this pole thing on a zip wire. And I did it!! Twice!! I loved it!!

You sound so happy and it's just lovely :)

Ugh been feeling so rubbish the last two days! I think I've just been over indulging. Was meant to meet a friend for Thai food tonight but there was no way I could manage that. Had such bad cramping since last night I went to bed in agony! It's definitely food related as I'm in so much pain after I eat anything! Hopefully it'll subside tomorrow. Got my mm on sat! Mind you I'm so bloated I bet I won't got into the skirt... Totm next week. I'm hoping this has nothing to do with that as I don't want to deal with this every month!! I've taken every digestive remedy known to man today and will restart my daily PPI tomorrow. Hopefully that will sort me out! Stupid digestive system.

Daily PPI ?
I've only had one episode of bloating and that was pasta that caused that , so I won't be eating that in any large quantity again. It was very very uncomfortable follows by bowels exploding so nope , it's off the menu .. To high in carbs anyway but I will miss my beloved sausage lasagne !
Hope your feeling better this morning ..
Xxxxx

Oh I did have pasta yesterday as I thought it was the least acidy thing I could find. Perhaps I made it worse!!

PPI = proton pump inhibitor - lansoprazole, omeprazole, esomeorazole etc. I just couldn't be bothered spelling them out lol!

I'm feeling ok but will have a yoghurt for breakfast and see how that goes... Scurred!

Oh I see , no wonder I did t know what it was ! It's Friday for goodness sake and my brain is fried duhhhhh on me ..
One of my support team gave me a tip about pasta when I told her how it had made me feel .. She said , if you chew plain pasta and spit it back out , it resembles wall paper paste and has the consistency but thicker and acts like a glue she reckons .. Same with bread , once chewed it turns to a thick paste or blob of glue that's going to stick and sit in our new tummys .. I can see the sense I that now .. So now imagine a huge plate of pasta chewed up and how that would just sit and glob up in there .. It's put me right off to be honest .. :sick0019:
I bought a co op Harrisa chicken yesterday , rolls out at about 360cal , very filling as it has chick peas in it .. But it's wrapped in a pitta bread .. I suppose I had 2 small bites of that , but was a little scared to eat more incase it sat to heavy ..I suppose this is why our teams suggest crackers instead of bread etc ..
Hope it doesn't affect you today though lovely ..
Xxxxxx

I have been carbing it up recently. Perhaps it was the wake up call I needed :)

Had a small twinge after the yoghurt but all seems well thank goodness!

Had another pain episode last night. I deffo think it's carb related. It's happened after pasta, jacket and last night an egg custard. I was ok with brown bread yesterday though. All good, it will keep me on the straight and narrow!!

The MM was fab as always, and one of the cast paid me a compliment on how I looked. Bless.

In other news I think I've decided to start my surgery as soon as I sell my house. I probably won't be able to have it all done at once, but I just can't bear it anymore. It's the perfect time to get it done if I'm not planning on working til the new year. Even my forearms are now saggy and wrinkly. I'm going to start research next month when the house is up for sale and then try and get it done sept/oct. if they won't do everything at once, it will be two stages:

1) boobs, stomach, arms
2) legs and backside

Bring on a couple of months of pain! Oh god.

Back