• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

Well it sounds like you have thought it all out emotionally, practically and financially. It feels a bit weird wishing you good luck when I understand it is indeed painful but I really hope you get the results you want and need from these ops x

I've got 16lb to get to a normal BMI but I honestly think my excess skin weighs more than that and that once it's gone I might actually be a bit bony. i'll never be petite as I'm tall and hippy. But I don't want to be bony. I saw an article on mail online yday where a lady had 30lb of excess skin removed and she certainly wasn't as wrinkly as I am!! I feel that it's holding me back now and I'm so excited for it to be gone, I'm so self conscious about it. I do feel more ugly under my clothes than I ever did which means I'm actually more paranoid about myself in... Certain scenarios. But saying that I certainly don't regret the op in any way shape or form, I just wished I'd done it ten years ago!!

The boy is in Greece on holiday for a week and sends me amazing pics of his adventures daily. If I was ever in a situation where I would go with him on hol i certainly need the surgery first!! I'm not looking forward to telling him about the surgeries as I think he might think I'm vain, which I am :) but hopefully he will see it will be a good thing for him as well as me! I just don't want to admit imperfections to anyone. It's taken me long enough to admit them to myself!

It isn't vain to want to be happy and healthy in your own skin :) you've worked hard to get this far and deserve to feel good about yourself x

We all know we have only this time and this life .. You don't get a do over .. So you go spend your money on what ever you want .. You've earned , it's your right to do with it what you please ..
I for one would have my arms done also .. This is the part I've noticed most .. Flapping widely around now on even the slightest movement ..
Have you looked into any prices yet ? I saw a quote of 6k for upper arms ..
I think you can cover up anything else , but come summer wouldn't it be so nice to be able to wear a sleeveless top or dress .. I havnt don't that since I was teenager .. I'd also love to have actual armpits that go in !

Not looked into prices yet... Really can't spend that money til the house is sold and due to family reasons I'm at my hometown this week so can't get the house finished and valued til next week. If I'm able to take my 5 days in Aug I'll start looking then and hopefully get some marker pens all over me.

The flapping I can deal with but now it's just the wrinkles. I can fold my skin, it's empty. Went to tesco yday as hadn't brought enough clothes with me for my extended stay and got a couple of loose tops in a size 12. Feels very alien to me! Tried on some skinny jeans (14) which were tight on legs but too loose at waist. I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to put a wrinkly selfie on here but trust me - a sharpay looks less wrinkly than I do!!

I'll share when I've got some figures together though. I know they say you should maintain for 6m before considering surgery but I'm impatient.

No reason you can't be gathering the info at least :) Also some clothes are just made oddly but well done in the size 12's!
I fear my boobs are already getting saggy. I'm dreading the whole golf ball in a sock thing tbh.

My mum carefully broached the subject of skin surgery last night while I was visiting her in hospital. I explained I'll be having it when I've finished work. She was thrilled - not cos of the surgery but cos she'll be able to look after me! She's like: oh you can stay here and I can bring you soup and look after you for once!

Rude. I hate being looked after! Still it gives her something to do lol.

I think that's a mum thing :) you'll either have to grin and bear it or try and escape ;)

Ooh. New NSV. Met the boy's friends this weekend at a music festival all around the city centre. Soooooo much walking. And last night a massive hill, people were complaining at the top of it but I wasn't even out of breath! Just not something I ever would have done before! 2 days spent with nice people and live music... I felt completely relaxed and not like I was an embarrassment to anyone. It's like I had a life this weekend! I feel so happy :)

Also I did have a wobble last week thinking he actually doesn't like me and was on the verge of being dumped. But I feel this weekend was a total page turner. He paid me attention, I felt that he felt somewhat proud to have me around him. I think we're now an actual couple. It's just a situation I've never found myself in before: I've always kept myself separate or kept boys separate from other aspects of life. But now I feel... Well still socially awkward but not like my appearance holds me back. One of the friends said to me: "it's been so long til we got to meet you I was expecting a monster!" Which I take as a compliment in that he was saying I'm not a monster :)

People did notice how little I eat but I think I did ok. The awkward part was that by the end of the night everyone was off their faces and course I don't drink so I was totally sober. This made him really self conscious but what he doesn't get is that even when I did drink I never got drunk, I became ill before I got to that point! Mind you with the surgery and with me weighing less perhaps I would get drunk before being ill nowadays. I'm really scared of alcohol now, as I don't know how it will affect me. I think I really need to try just one drink and see how it goes :) then I'll know how well I can handle it and perhaps let it back into my life!

Also I met the ex. It was a bit awks but she seemed nice and I'm assured there's no tension between them. I don't know if I'm convinced. I wish I had my hair extensions in when I met her!! But I certainly didn't feel inferior which was good.

Were you at Tramlines per chance? I'm from Sheffield so know all about the hills ;) well done on managing a potentially difficult situation with eating less, not drinking AND an ex thrown in there. I've read a lot about how alcohol post surgery gets us drunk almost immediately and the danger of becoming addicted quickly. I was nearly a year off the booze before my op with no intention of ever drinking again. That sort of thing just strengthens my resolve x

So another 2lb lost in 2 weeks... I've now got 1st to target. My chest is now really quite bony, I can feel my rib cage. Dunno if you're meant to feel ribcage?? I'm happy I've not put on but still must also work harder to stop losing obv!

I took the plunge last night and had a pimms. I survived!! Felt a bit fuzzy but it was in no way as bad as I expected. Took me several hours to drink it but I'm really pleased it wasn't disastrous. I don't like the taste of alcohol so I'm absolutely not scared of the possibility of getting into it too much, but to know I can have one with no ill effects is such a relief!

This week I've been stuck in the house thinking too much. I have 4 weeks left at work and need to be here to clear out the house so I can get estate agents in next week. Ugh! I've spent so little time here in recent months it's horrible being here and having nothing to do and no one to talk to! In trying to keep myself amused I finally synced my phone with my laptop after several months. Pressed a button and my computer photos ended up on my phone. Laughed going through some old ones but also had loads of my old Facebook photos on there. I literally don't recognise myself as I used to be. Even in photos where I thought I looked good at the time I now find vile. I don't feel that I look different but in comparison I guess I really do. Thought I'd put a couple of comparisons on here.

Wow, what a transformation! @oodles83 . Well Done! :winner::winner::winner:

Your gorgeous smile hasn't changed but otherwise what a transformation. I love your outfits too :) x

Omg ! It does not even resemble you now ! Your smile is glowing and your eyes are huge and sparkling now .. Looking so damn good !

Hiya peeps!

I know it's been a while since I posted. Lots going on!

House was sold in 4 days omg! Got moving date (note: not completion) of 22nd Sept so I'll be in my little house that day! Just need to get a kitchen in and then I can live in it!

Been to Dublin for a week, ate out loads (always fish and a bite of dessert), had my handover at work. Last day 7th Sept!

Got back from canoeing yesterday, I survived! Unsure if I would go again but I got into a medium buoyancy aid and I didn't sink/drown!

Weight remains stable at around 12 1/2 stone, which I'm happy with. Eating what I want nowadays with still restricted carbs but allowing sweets to keep cals up. My restriction is still there but I can almost eat like a normal person as long as i stick to fish. Can't do meat still. Had a nice reminder of bypass the other day as I dumped after a croissant. First and last one since the op!

Also wine. Wine is great. I love wine. It's like I'm a teenager and discovering alcohol for the first time. I'm yet to be ill but I'm loving life right now. Had a big night out in Dublin on Friday with the boy and his friends, I just loved it. I felt glam in my Dorothy Perkins dress (too short lol) and like one of the group.

As promised, I wanted to update you all with skin surgery news. I had my first appt today with one of the big cosmetic surgery chains. I have another next week with a consultant and then a third with another chain the week after.

Basically they told me while they could do the breast and abdomen, they couldn't do them both at once as that particular hospital doesn't have a high dependency unit and they're limited to 4h long operating sessions. They actually said I should go with the consultant I'm seeing next week at a different hospital as he would be more likely to do both of those in one surgery which will lessen the cost. I was really impressed with their honesty actually... Not what I expected from a big chain.

So not much to report I'm afraid, but I'll give another update once I've spoken to the consultant next week :)

Hope everyone is well!!

Well done on the up date good to hear from you x

Back