• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

Hey ! Lovely to hear from you ! You didn't mention ' the boy ' ? Is it all ok ?
Sounds like your having a blast and rightly so
Mindy
Xxxx

You sound so happy which is great hear :)

Weighed myself this morning after weeks... 2lb lost, now 172lb. I'm mostly fine with this, I've been eating normally, still dumping on cereal and oaty things and rice can give me terrible stabbing pains (trapped wind I guess).

Yesterday was such a good day. NSV-wise I went on a swing for the first time in probably about 20 years. Last time I went on the chains dug into me as I was too big for the seat. But yesterday? No fear! I got held hostage atop a see saw (see unimpressed photo) and went on a merry go round thing. Amazing.

The boy tried to get me on his bike as I reeeeally want to learn how to ride one! But was wearing a skirt and it just wasn't happening. But going to Centre Parks next year and must learn by then!! Obv will never wear a skirt again!

Bypass still very much present. I've been sticking to fish but on Saturday my mum cooked roast beef and I was immediately full after about four bites. Perhaps I'll announce I've gone piscetarian (sp) so I can avoid meat for the rest of my life.

Got another surgery appt on Thursday night so will let people know how that goes :)

Have a great week everyone!!

Last edited:
Oh and I'm considering going to Alton Towers too! Realising I can do these things now without fear of embarrassment!

You look great despite being unimpressed :p well done on your loss too.
Maybe sticking to fish is a plan if meat just doesn't sit right.

Hahahah ! Love the hostage shot ! This time last year it would have been you holding him hostage up there !
Your looking amazing and happy ..
Xxxx

I don't know how he kept me up there - he weighs 10 1/2st!! When I failed to get on the bike yday he offered to lend me some trousers... I couldn't face even trying them on as there's no way they would fit me :( never fully escaping! Felt the all familiar dread and made the usual excuses. Although I'm better at admitting my faults these days I still couldn't face that humiliation. I read a few days ago someone wrote something on having been big all their life. And as a result they had to be that much nicer than everyone else, that much better at stuff growing up to prove to people they were a useful member of society as people would initially dismiss them. So much of that resonated with me. I had to get the best grades at school, be the nicest and most generous person to make friends as I felt I had to work harder to get past the initial negative impression I would give people. It's still so hard for me to admit a flaw or fail at something.

I get on really well with the boy's friends. I wonder if it's because I feel more confident or because they're nice people or because they don't know about my past and don't see me as a lesser person because of my weight? I lost my best friend at school because she made friends with a group and they dismissed me. Perhaps if I had looked different back then they would have welcomed me and I would have been part of that group. I don't worry about it because let's face it if they dismissed me on sight I don't want to know them, but it was just on my mind. I wonder how different we all would be as people if we hadn't have had to prove ourselves more than others!

Okay! I have a surgeon! Just a really really positive experience. He took photos (ugh), we talked about various options. I decided to start with a fleur de lis stomach op and boob uplift and implant for the first go. My other option was the body lift with no boob job but it's a huge operation, I was concerned about the healing with the cut all the way round, and also when I look at my backside at what the end result will be, it's totally flat. So when I get that done I'll probably get some contouring/implant too.

So the plan is this:
1) boobs and tum
2) arms and thighs
3) backside

For op number 1 the total cost was in the range of £11k all in which I didn't think was bad. It was the same price for the body lift on its own.

I'm going to wait for my house to sell before I book it in. Also will prob have it done in January as I'm quite busy up to Christmas and you basically have to leave 2 months to heal completely. But then I'll be all healed for my sister's wedding in March! So I think this is the plan!

Also he could see me without the skin. He said I'm really a size 10 underneath it all and that all my bulk is just empty skin. This is why I stopped losing weight - once it's gone there'll be nothing left of me!

Only thing I didn't like: when I told him my weight before the op his eyes went huge and he kind of gasped. And then said he wished he could see a pic of me back then. Which I felt was insensitive and made me feel a bit of a freak. But I guess that's a natural reaction. I'm still protective of that girl.

I finally told the boy. Kind of. I didn't go into specifics of what I'm having done but I told him the basics. He seemed happy about it so that's good. God he puts up with so much nonsense where I'm concerned! I really don't know why he does it!!

Wow that sounds like a lot to take in and I'm sorry he was a little less than professional at one point too. It sounds like you know what you want too though and that's the important thing :)

Don't get me wrong I liked him a lot and will definitely go with him, I guess I just forgot what it felt like to be that size and the reactions people have. It's the same thing any normal sized person would do I guess, only those who have been at that size will be that sensitive about it.

This sounds like a good plan at a reasonable price ..
I will be seriously considering having my upper arms taken care of when I'm down to where I want to be ..
Did you ever think about going abroad to have this done ? I've read people who have had there surgery done in Poland for a fraction of the price of here .. Very tempting when in a limited budget ..
As Fee said I think it's just a gut reaction when people learn just how big we were .. Your not a freak ..
Have you ever come across someone who has , say , short hair , and they tell they used to have hair down their waist .. The first thing is you cannot picture them like that and I would ask for a pic ..
He's seeing you as this tiny person and cannot comprehend you being that big , that's all .
. Your far from a freak my love .. Mind you , there nothing wrong with being a little freaky !
Xxxxx

You're right Mindy anyone would be curious. It was just that split second feeling like I used to.

I haven't considered going abroad no... at least the first one will be a big op and I want to be close to home for it. I'm not looking forward to the 30 min drive home from the hospital let alone a wait in airport

I weighed this week and lost another 2lb. I'm going to have to give into the carbs more. Toast for breakfast? Hmmmm...

The boy got me on his bike on Saturday and was mortified that I couldn't do it lol. I did warn him!! Last night I picked up an old one from eBay just to practice on. Once I'm able to make it move I'll borrow his proper one to go round the reservoir.

We also booked two holidays!! One to Montenegro in October and one to Budapest with a couple of his friends in November. It's bonkers.

I've finished work now and my stuff is moving in next week. I will have moved home!! Whoop!! Lots of things to do before then though... wish me luck!

Bonkers but brilliant :)
Well done on your loss and goodness me so much going on!

Holidays ! Yeah ! Now that is exciting !

On another facebook a lady is having her upper arms reduced in Poland for £1300 .. She promised some pics etc and lots of info . She's not the only one on there who's had it done and I've seen some before and after pics .. Travel not included of course , but wow what a price .. Even I could afford that .. So I am tempted .. My upper arms are flapping and clapping now with a huge flappy baggy skin pouch hanging under my arms ..
Good luck with the bike ride ! You will get addicted as its so much fun !

I might if I could stay on the bike lol! It'll come in time :)

I'm stressing out a bit about Budapest. Went for drinks last night with the people we're going with. One has been before and was telling me about these heated outdoor spas where they spend all their time... then the boy joined in and said how he's excited to go back to spend a day lazing in these baths. I cannot let anyone see me in a swimming costume. How the hell do I get out of this!

I bet you don't look as bad as you think you do, in fact I bet you look great but years of feeling self conscious isn't going to just disappear.
Would using a sarong or something similar when you're out of the baths help?

Use a sarong and once youre sat under the water you'll be fine and get out last then wrap sarong round ...
But you're probably worrying over nothing as Fee says I bet you look fabulous xxxx

I may be able to hide the legs but the arms are more of an issue... perhaps I can get another long sleeved cossie and use November weather as an excuse...

Back