• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op was 10 months ago,so happy :)

My Dr gives me either 2 or 3 months at a time as my condition isn't going to show any signs of improvement any time soon.

Thank you all for your encouraging words and understanding. I don't know why I feel so negative about everything, guess its not having my 'friend' food around?
I was an emotional eater....ate if I was happy, sad, etc. Now I don't have that prop, I guess my emotions feel quite raw?

On a good note, there are only3 more needles to give myself...hoorah!
And I can go onto pureed food Friday....so, its all positive from now.

I took an antihistamine tablet this morning as my incisions are VERY ITCHY !! I thought I was going to go mad when they started up earlier ! Sheeeesh!

Well, had better start on some milk :)

I know I had the bypass, but I can empathise with the emotional ups and downs. In the old days I can tuck into comfort food. Now I can't. So have to learn another way to support the dips in my mood. Strange feeling.

Hope today feels brighter for you :)

Thank you all for your encouraging words and understanding. I don't know why I feel so negative about everything, guess its not having my 'friend' food around?
I was an emotional eater....ate if I was happy, sad, etc. Now I don't have that prop, I guess my emotions feel quite raw?

On a good note, there are only3 more needles to give myself...hoorah!
And I can go onto pureed food Friday....so, its all positive from now.

I took an antihistamine tablet this morning as my incisions are VERY ITCHY !! I thought I was going to go mad when they started up earlier ! Sheeeesh!

Well, had better start on some milk :)

Well Mr Patel gave told me I had two more weeks on the injections, but only one a day (100ml compared to 2x60ml). :(

But that could be due to me not being able to wear the stockings...

Off to doctors in the next hour, have a very red and raised rash over 2 of the incisions....really sore now.

Plus, I haven't had any of the meds I was supposed to have had from my GP when I saw him 10 days ago, I was feeling so weak and ill that afternoon ...I should have pointed them out on the letter from Mr.Patel.

Seeing a different doctor at surgery today, hope he's a bit more supportive as have to say my GP was totally indifferent towards me when I saw him last !!

Feeling better physically and had a mousse today....oooooh it was lovely ! Lol.

Onto pureed foods Saturday, so will try and have something a bit thicker than soup tomorrow...gently, gently goes it :)

I am leaving my pureed food stage until Sunday.

It was the first day I started drinking/having soup.

Looking forwards to a wheatabix for breakfast ;)

Mine went from the day I started sipping water. I was fine with that lol

Just back from doctors and I have an infection in my wounds....so have antibiotics to take, hopefully this will clear it up.
I reckon its my fault from scrathing the surrounding areas of incisions.....?
Have to go back in a week as she wants to make sure its all clearing up...annoyed with myself as I knew I should have resisited the urge to scratch !!

But, am feeling better today....not as weak as I was feeling. Still have pain in my right side but, getting better day by day.

Just back from doctors and I have an infection in my wounds....so have antibiotics to take, hopefully this will clear it up.
I reckon its my fault from scrathing the surrounding areas of incisions.....?
Have to go back in a week as she wants to make sure its all clearing up...annoyed with myself as I knew I should have resisited the urge to scratch !!

But, am feeling better today....not as weak as I was feeling. Still have pain in my right side but, getting better day by day.

Sorry to hear that!

The only one of mine that still hurst is the lower right one.

Still making it impossible to sleep on my right side.

my far left and mid left are both looking good as is the upper right.

The centre two look really nasty, although scabbed over and looking healthy.

Think those two might show still once the scars have faded.

Hope you get well soon!

Reckon the right sided wound was the one our stomachs were evicted from, Wonderlust? !
It just seems the worse area for pain and discomfort.

quite possibly, although my middle two wounds look the worst, especially the top one!

Hi Mikaela
No pre-op diet before my Sleeve Op and liquid diet for 3 weeks after.
Tomorrow I start pureed foods, will be cooking today and making tiny pots of food to go into freezer ready for the next stage.

Well, had half a Weetabix this morning and feel full, couldn't manage a whole biscuit...maybe in a couple of weeks.
Have made lots of little portions of home made shepherds pies and fish pies...added some cheese on top for extra protein.
Can't believe it has been 3 weeks since my Op, time has flown by...had a few problems on the way but, overall, it has been , major, problem free. :)

Delicious-Jax said:
Well, had half a Weetabix this morning and feel full, couldn't manage a whole biscuit...maybe in a couple of weeks.
Have made lots of little portions of home made shepherds pies and fish pies...added some cheese on top for extra protein.
Can't believe it has been 3 weeks since my Op, time has flown by...had a few problems on the way but, overall, it has been , major, problem free. :)

That's good to hear :D I was 3 weeks post op yesterday. The time has flown :D

That's good to hear :D I was 3 weeks post op yesterday. The time has flown :D

Its amanzing, Fuffs, how quickly it goes...one minute you're worrying that your Op date will never come and then whooosh, you're walking to theatre and it's done !

Now, its watching the scales be kind to us and clothes start to fit properly and ,very quickly, become loose !! :D

Delicious-Jax said:
Its amanzing, Fuffs, how quickly it goes...one minute you're worrying that your Op date will never come and then whooosh, you're walking to theatre and it's done !

Now, its watching the scales be kind to us and clothes start to fit properly and ,very quickly, become loose !! :D

I have had a pre totm gain today. So not a happy bunny. But hopefully that will soon be gone :)

Can't wait to be weighed next, but at the moment that is looking like my six week check up as my Drs doesn't have scales suitable for me :(

Can't wait to be weighed next, but at the moment that is looking like my six week check up as my Drs doesn't have scales suitable for me :(

My weight is fluctuating at the moment by 3-4lbs but, for the first time in my adult life, I'm not worried in the least as I know I am going to be losing around 6 stones. Possibly more but, thats my goal at the moment...don't want to lose too much that I start looking haggered?

Back